Bellazon

Benedict Cumberbatch
Thumbnail

Ophelia_Immortal

• 2 weeks later...

But the film, as far as I understood, is not for the Star Track die-hard fans ( as a director himself said), so it's sort of a seperate movie and, I guess, there was no intention to keep everything as close to the older series as possible (including Khan character). I strongly believe that Benedict has done an amazing job portraying a villain. I don't compare it to the previous versions since I haven't seen them, I can only judge him as a separate hero, his own kind of villain and I really enjoy what I see. So happy they didn't kill him off . :laugh: 

I must be carrying it a bit too far with my passion for BC's talent: I watched Star Trek yesterday, and I'm normally not interested in such films.

I really liked Benedict's work because his Khan is a really ambiguous villain driven by his human emotions, not just another staightforward bad guy. And THAT VOICE, omg :wub:. Great styling too, so sexy. I coudn't even really hate Khan (somehow I hated Captain Kirk instead, was kinda disappointed when he didn'd die after all in the end  :laugh:, sorry fans).

But I admit I haven't watched any of the previous Star Trek films, so I can't compare Ben's Khan with the versions done by other actors.

I must be carrying it a bit too far with my passion for BC's talent: I watched Star Trek yesterday, and I'm normally not interested in such films.

I really liked Benedict's work because his Khan is a really ambiguous villain driven by his human emotions, not just another staightforward bad guy. And THAT VOICE, omg :wub:. Great styling too, so sexy. I coudn't even really hate Khan (somehow I hated Captain Kirk instead, was kinda disappointed when he didn'd die after all in the end  :laugh:, sorry fans).

But I admit I haven't watched any of the previous Star Trek films, so I can't compare Ben's Khan with the versions done by other actors.

It's ok. :laugh:  I haven't watched the film yet (I really want to now though, cause I am desperate to see the badness in a full glory) but I've seen most of the clips feat. Ben as Khan, and believe, I was so rooting for him when he was trying to break someone's skull or smash someone and so wanted him to get rid of these annoying and boring heroes like Kirk and his crew. I know, it sounds weird, but I loved him being bad, probably because it was a nice contrast to his other characters from August, Third Star, Hawking and himself personally

Ah, and for those who haven't seen it yet, there is an hour-long interview with Benedict on The Hollywood Reporter's website:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/race/sherlock-star-benedict-cumberbatch-being-680622

It's so good to see that he is not only amazingly talented, but also intelligent and well-spoken.

I have watched it along with possibly around 95% interviews of his, and it's a real pleasure to hear him speak. I just enjoy how eloquent, humorous, intelligent, sweet and humble he always comes across as and oh so talkative :laugh:. Is it ok to fangirl this bad when you are, well, far from your 16 :laugh:? I don't know...

Oh and I started to listen to Cabin Pressure today, it's adorable and funny! God almighty, help me! :laugh:

Is it ok to fangirl this bad when you are, well, far from your 16 :laugh:? I don't know...

I keep asking myself the same question  :notsure: .

Oh and I started to listen to Cabin Pressure today, it's adorable and funny! 

What a coincedence! So did I, today, I'm not kidding  :D ! I really enjoyed the first two episodes I have listened to so far, and not just because Benedict is in it. All people involved (the writer, John Finnemore, in the first place) are doing a great job.

I keep asking myself the same question  :notsure: .

What a coincedence! So did I, today, I'm not kidding  :D ! I really enjoyed the first two episodes I have listened to so far, and not just because Benedict is in it. All people involved (the writer, John Finnemore, in the first place) are doing a great job.

I like to think to myself that only intelligent and mature ladies are cabale of appreciating such a decent and talented man that Benedict is. At least it sounds good :nicole:

I know, I know  ;).  "I am a grown-up, respectful fan"  :whistle: I think I should put it on my T-shirt.

post-53775-0-61181800-1393338517_thumb.j

especially when he was talking about  emm the Frankenstein experience  :laugh: , which btw I watched in one of the local cinemas a couple of weeks ago  :ddr:

Thank you soooooo much for posting this! I had had no idea about such an opportunity to see some of BC’s theatre work. I looked it up and, yay, “Frankenstein” IS on in a local cinema in my city! Have already booked a couple of tickets for Friday night and can’t wait!  :woot:

I know, I know  ;).  "I am a grown-up, respectful fan"  :whistle: I think I should put it on my T-shirt.

attachicon.gifsherlock_screencap.JPG

Thank you soooooo much for posting this! I had had no idea about such an opportunity to see some of BC’s theatre work. I looked it up and, yay, “Frankenstein” IS on in a local cinema in my city! Have already booked a couple of tickets for Friday night and can’t wait!  :woot:

my answer is

post-2044-0-1446079143-90678_thumb.gif

Anyway I've given up trying to pretend I am normal, because I have never been it :nicole:

You are very welcome! Which version are you watching? I've chosen the one where Benedict is the Creature. There is also a performance dedicated to the Fifth anniversary of the National Theatre in cinemas  but I haven't watched it yet.

I am devastated :cry:. I've finished the last episode of CB! The actual last one that was  recorded last Sunday will probably be aired near Christmas... I will retire before I get to see new Sherlock and listen to the last episode of Cabine Pressure.

attachicon.gifsherlock_screencap.JPG

my answer is

Anyway I've given up trying to pretend I am normal, because I have never been it :nicole:

Haha, the gif is hilarious  :D

Which version are you watching? I've chosen the one where Benedict is the Creature. There is also a performance dedicated to the Fifth anniversary of the National Theatre in cinemas  but I haven't watched it yet.

The one in which he is Victor Frankenstein in my case. But I'm pretty sure I'll want to watch the other one as well.

I am devastated :cry:. I've finished the last episode of CB! The actual last one that was  recorded last Sunday will probably be aired near Christmas... I will retire before I get to see new Sherlock and listen to the last episode of Cabine Pressure.

Oh, you've gone through them all so quickly! I'm still in the middle of Series 1. But I've got a major Cumberbatch overdose already, don't really want to aggravate it even further :wacko:... "Frankenstein" tomorrow... :whistle: oh well...

Haha, the gif is hilarious  :D

The one in which he is Victor Frankenstein in my case. But I'm pretty sure I'll want to watch the other one as well.

Oh, you've gone through them all so quickly! I'm still in the middle of Series 1. But I've got a major Cumberbatch overdose already, don't really want to aggravate it even further :wacko:... "Frankenstein" tomorrow... :whistle: oh well...

It represents the unfortunate course of nature for me as of late

I hope you'll enjoy it! I thought Frankenstein would be a more expressive and interesting character to play, which is why I chose this version. I would like to compare, but I think, it won't be interesting for me to rewatch the whole thing again.

I was trying not to be too quick, but how can I resist a portion of good laugher and a brilliant :D mood for the rest of the day, so I was listening to a couple of episodes from my way to work and a couple or so on the way back home, which makes the whole thing not that long to listent to. I feel for you :laugh:, however I don't want it not to be aggrevated. I finally got to watch Van Gogh 2 days ago, and it was definitely worth watching. I mean, the whole story is interesting and insightful. I've learnt quite a few curious details about Van Gogh. As per usual, I start watching because I wanna see Ben's brilliant acting but in the end get carried away with the film and the story itself.