Bellazon

Benedict Cumberbatch
Thumbnail

Ophelia_Immortal

post-13181-1304541994_thumb.jpg

by Nero749 at DA

Benedict Timothy Carlton Cumberbatch (born 19 July 1976) is an English film, television, and theatre actor. His most acclaimed roles include: Stephen Hawking in the BBC drama Hawking (2004); William Pitt in the historical film Amazing Grace (2006); the protagonist Stephen Ezard in the miniseries thriller The Last Enemy (2008); Paul Marshall in Atonement (2007); Bernard in Small Island (2009); and Sherlock Holmes in the modern BBC adaptation series Sherlock (2010).

• 1 year later...

Benedict Cumberbatch Now Excited for Elementary

Benedict Cumberbatch is denying that he criticized Jonny Lee Miller for taking the role Elementary and says he was misquoted in the interview. He is totally down for other Sherlocks, Cumberbatch told THR in a statement.

I am both bemused and upset at this misquote. I never said that Johnny took the job for the paycheck nor did I ask him not to do it. What I said is I would have preferred not to be in the situation where we will again be compared because we are friends. I know for a fact his motivations were to do with the quality of the script and the challenges of this exceptional role.

It is baffling because I have only been supportive of an incredibly talented actor who I am proud to call a friend taking a job I know he is going to enjoy immensely and be wonderful in.

Over 70 actors have played this exceptional character before us. To say that there can be only one Holmes would be ludicrous. We're both thrilled to get the opportunity to play him in a modern context. The world of Sherlock Holmes and the world that we live in now is big enough to take more than one interpretation. As a genuine Sherlock Holmes fan I am greatly looking forward to his series.

Case closed or whatever Sherlock Holmes would say!

http://www.vulture.com/2012/08/benedict-cumberbatch-jonny-lee-miller-elementary.html?mid=imdb

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So am I! I remember discovering Ben on top-50 hottest man list several months ago and I was, like ,who the hell this weird looking guy is. Later on I watched Hawkins, and to say I was impressed is an understatement. It made me want to watch Sherlock, which I did.  Now I feel slightly unhealthily obsessed with the series :nicole: . This man is surely supertalented and charismatic :neo2: . Did I say his Sherlock character is great? He is :gocho:

I am SHERlocked... :wub2:

Now I feel slightly unhealthily obsessed with the series :nicole: . This man is surely supertalented and charismatic :neo2: . Did I say his Sherlock character is great? He is :gocho:

My feelings exactly!

I saw Benedict first in ‘Atonement’ and then, a few years later, in ‘To the Ends of the Earth’ TV mini-series. I remember the impression his face made on me, I thought something like ‘Oh my, this IS the right face to play all sorts of villains (‘Atonement’) and just rather unpleasant guys (‘To the Ends…’) :D . Somehow I skipped ‘Sherlock’, both series 1 and 2, when they were released, and only a few weeks ago, after series 3 had been announced, I finally decided to give it a go (still with a foreboding in mind though: ‘A Sherlock Holmes? HIM?!!! :wacko: What the hell?! )… Now that I’ve watched all the episodes, I’m totally in love, can’t wait for more!  :drool: