Bellazon

2012 SI Swimsuit

It is not Petra, i just went ahead & check her twitter & by the time of the photoshoot (November 5-7) she was in NYC & i went to getty & they have pics of her attending an event those days. It must be a rookie or someone we don't know i guess

I also checked Kate's twitter, she shot in that same location & her flight was 20 hours so i doubt Petra could make it back to NYC so fast

oh :o good point

Yeah i saw Angel's tweet & she did the photoshoot right around the same time SI was doing bodypaint for the Swimsuit Edition, i would love it if they do a Vegas themed thing. & I also love Angel so having her in the magazine would be great

Yeah i saw Angel's tweet & she did the photoshoot right around the same time SI was doing bodypaint for the Swimsuit Edition, i would love it if they do a Vegas themed thing. & I also love Angel so having her in the magazine would be great

Yeah, she's not in magazines a lot but i love getting them when she does. hoopefully she'll be in it cuz it'd be cool for a Vegas themed one.

random but i was just reading through some of the '11 SI thread and everyone seemed to think it was getting a bit repetitive and unoriginal. so since we're getting closer to the new issue i figured i'd ask; any expectations for this year? better, worse, same old?

random but i was just reading through some of the '11 SI thread and everyone seemed to think it was getting a bit repetitive and unoriginal. so since we're getting closer to the new issue i figured i'd ask; any expectations for this year? better, worse, same old?

Even more airbrushing of the pictures, especially on the si website probably :(

Even more airbrushing of the pictures, especially on the si website probably :(

well i think its okay the shoots on the beach... i mean its SI , i really think its going to be better than last year cause its going to be Bar! :)

Irina & Jessica are hosting a Pre-Super Bowl party on the 3rd & it's sponsored by SI Swimsuit 2012 so yeah, it's obvious they'll be there.

I would love it if they are more creative, i liked 2010 because it had different locations & not just plain beach. While do think the cover should be a beach picture i think they could be more creative with the editorials, not just sand & water because it gets boring. Another thing is the photoshop, some girls looke unrecognizable in last year's issue because all of the photoshop, they need to stop fucking up their faces so much.

my expectations are very low. the SI Swimsuit Issue has lost all creativity and impact over the past 10 years. i miss the heyday of the 1980s and mid-late 1990s when this issue was a MAJOR thing for a model's career. now, unless she gets the cover - it's really not a big deal. which is why, i presume, many of the bigger VS girls have opted to not do the shoot. I'm certain that both Ale and Adriana have been approached to do SI, but with no guarantee of a cover, they chose not to.

i think for SI to come back as a real measure of influence on a model's career and also as a big success - they need to re-conceptualize the entire thing. first of all: get rid of the same old photographers that they've been using for years. yes, Ioss Jr. has been incredible for them, but his time is over. he's not bringing anything new that we haven't seen a hundred million times already. same with the rest of them. they should turn to fashion photographers that are known for having a great sensual eye - like Bruce Weber or Mariano Vivanco or Mert&Marcus, etc. they should also get back to the dramatic location shoots. big incredible photography, where the setting is just as important as the model. so much of the recent years just looked like a catalogue shoot. it's boring and after a while, the pics become entirely redundant.

ALSO - they need to change up the models. obviously whomever is responsible for casting has lost their touch. and they need to go. NEED. TO. GO. for every star like Marisa Miller or Bar Rafaeli, they hire 20 girls who are forgettable and never manage to have any public response outside of ONE issue of ONE magazine ONCE per year. i'm not saying they should hire a bunch of rail-thin high fashion models. that wouldn't work. but there are plenty of working models who have fantastic bodies and who also have big careers. that way, it becomes a mutually beneficial endeavour. SI gets more press and attention and because SI has gained back some credibility and influence, the model gets a ton more exposure as well. the biggest SI stars of all time also had pretty successful careers outside of SI, enabling them to develop their brand and in turn provide SI with major impact when they'd pose for the swimsuit issue. there are lots of options: Joan, Constance, Lara, Daria, Eniko, Arlenis, Bianca, Emanuela, etc etc.

and finally - i'm not sure of the situation between VS and SI as far as contracts go, but i think that SI has to not see itself as being in competition with VS, and vice versa. they should look to Tyra and Heidi as examples that demonstrate that when you have models with great potential doing BOTH of these mass-market commercial ventures, they can become genuine superstars. Candice, Doutzen, Miranda, Adriana and Alessandra all need to be doing SI. it's entirely absurd that they're not. and if all of the other cards lined up (in terms of different photographers, location concepts, casting, etc) and SI was re-launched to be as inventive and influential as it's been in the past - i'm sure those girls would love to be a part of it.

I agree with both above points. My thing with the beach and water photos is, okay we get it it's a swimsuit issue. that doesn't mean they have to constrict themselves to the confines of the beach or beach like settings. because, at least for me, no matter what place you are shooting if all you're showing us in the photos is the beach and water it's all basically the same thing. They definitely need to make better use of the environments they go to, and if that means hiring photographers that have a broader creative vision then so be it.

the problem is that SI is loyal to the people they like, whether it be models or photographers and at times overly loyal. still that being i am looking forward to this issue even if it's the same old formula.

Emanuela & Joan would be dreamy for SI, i dislike Damaris & Jessica White so much, i feel like SI could get a way better representation for black models -because just as VS you know they need their token girls- . Not sure about Daria & Lara though, remember that SI is mostly directed to average non-fashionista guys who like hot girls with a conventional beauty/sexiness, that's the reason why Marisa Miller, Brooklyn Decker & Kate Upton have been successful with SI.

If you look at the current cast there's tons of girls who do nothing 'major' outside SI: Jessica Gomes, Julie Henderson, Damaris Lewis, Genevieve Morton, Christine Teigen barely work outside SI. They need to step up their game with their models IMO

Emanuela & Joan would be dreamy for SI, i dislike Damaris & Jessica White so much, i feel like SI could get a way better representation for black models -because just as VS you know they need their token girls- . Not sure about Daria & Lara though, remember that SI is mostly directed to average non-fashionista guys who like hot girls with a conventional beauty/sexiness, that's the reason why Marisa Miller, Brooklyn Decker & Kate Upton have been successful with SI.

If you look at the current cast there's tons of girls who do nothing 'major' outside SI: Jessica Gomes, Julie Henderson, Damaris Lewis, Genevieve Morton, Christine Teigen barely work outside SI. They need to step up their game with their models IMO

i was thinking this exact thing, specifically chrissy teigen because i don't know the other models as well. imo if you aren't doing work outside of SI then chances are you can be replaced by any number of swimsuit models.

Well...that bubble popped :laugh: Just would be something else if indeed it was her :wub:

Have a little faith? :whistle:

It soooooo looks like Petra but I guess not.....dangit! <_<

I'm still wishing for Tori to repeat but I guess I'm whistling in the dark :whistle: I haven't seen any pics that resemble any of her parts.

I'm rather over Damaris and Jessica but to those of you who like them, good.

I like the Vegas theme idea....that would be novel. Anything would be a change......I can think of all kinds of great themes...

I guess that's why I DON't work for S.I. :laugh:

Irina & Jessica are hosting a Pre-Super Bowl party on the 3rd & it's sponsored by SI Swimsuit 2012 so yeah, it's obvious they'll be there.

I would love it if they are more creative, i liked 2010 because it had different locations & not just plain beach. While do think the cover should be a beach picture i think they could be more creative with the editorials, not just sand & water because it gets boring. Another thing is the photoshop, some girls looke unrecognizable in last year's issue because all of the photoshop, they need to stop fucking up their faces so much.

I wish they would do something sexier and more provocative. Maybe have one shot that pushes the envelope towards toplessness. I can't believe they haven't gone further than that famous Cheryl Tiegs fishnet maillot shot from a generation ago. Come on, it's 2012. A tiny flash of nipplage, blurred motion, whatever. Get people talking about the issue again.

The bodypainting does not cut it in that department. It's so photoshopped/airbrushed that it almost looks like computer graphics. And it's become increasingly lame. Last year was a new low. I agree they have to stop altering the girls so much. And use fewer of them. There's no need for an entire platoon. Get 5-6 really beautiful girls, get creative with them, and make every picture count, like they used to do.