Edie Campbell
Thumbnail

LOVE - ISSUE 15, SPRING/SUMMER 2016

Photographer: Willy Vanderperre
Styling: Katie Grand
Hair: Anthony Turner
Makeup: Lynsey Alexander

9jlefhn38d8ob02v4nilno3s2.jpg AP0119314.jpg 

Edie Campbell: Itchy Scratchy Patchy - Her business venture that's got everyone in stitches. #LOVEclub

Model and Contributing Editor at LOVE, Edie Campbell features in the latest issue's editorial about club kids: Cherry Bombz. She also tells us about Itchy Scratchy Patchy, the iron-on patch label she founded with artist Christabel MacGreevy.

On the inspiration behind the patches, Edie says, "I see too many people wearing well-made, tasteful, boring clothes. It becomes meaningless...but now people want to make something, customise something, put a patch on."

from thelovemagazine - 31 January 2016

VOGUE PARIS - 22 JANUARY 2016

Cover girl: Edie Campbell takes 17 questions

With tomboy looks, striking blue eyes and deceptively easy-looking casual grunge style, Edie Campbell is our model muse for the February 2016 issue in her first cover shoot for the magazine. To mark the release of the issue today, we get to know the British model in 17 questions.

How does it feel to see yourself on the cover of Vogue Paris? It’s exciting! It’s my first Vogue Paris cover, so that’s pretty big. I can tick it off my list now!

What does the magazine mean to you? It’s kind of the sexiest of all the different editions of Vogue, and it very much has its own voice.

You have worked on many occasions with Inez & Vinoodh, what's it like to shoot with them? I really like shooting with them. They’re very celebratory of women, and I get the impression that it’s important to them that the person they’re shooting feels confident and empowered, and is enjoying that moment.

Describe your perfect day off when you're not modelling? Ride my horses, sleep, read a book, see my friends, go out dancing!

What do you do to stay in shape? I go boxing, ride my horses, swim and do pilates.

25-edie.jpgediebcampbell_xmas_cheer.jpgediebcampbell_2_horses_diving_into_cake.jpg

Name three things to do on your bucket list? Learn to ride a motorbike, visit the sandstorm house by artist Not Vital in Niger and thirdly, I’d like to go to the Festival au Desert.

Do you feel more like a city person or a country person? Both. I love the energy of the city, the creativity, but I love the peacefulness of the countryside.

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? Maybe Sri Lanka, or Myanmar, or maybe England or Morocco. There are loads of places.

What is your relationship with photography? I’m very involved in it obviously from a professional perspective. I really believe in the power of photography but I don’t believe there’s such a thing as an unstaged, or documentary photograph.

A film that has stayed with you? August Osage County because it’s so intense, and so perfectly acted. And Zoolander because I live it on a daily basis.

A book to read before bed? I'm reading Night by Edna O’Brien at the moment. It’s incredible. Very dreamy and powerful.

Which three songs are you listening to on repeat at the moment? Just What I Needed, by the Cars, Modern Love by Bowie, and This Will be Our Year by the Zombies.

What is your favorite food? I really, really, really like pizza. 

A guilty pleasure? Chocolate biscuits in bed, so I get crumbs in the sheets.

Do you collect anything? Books. I can’t go past a bookshop without buying something. 

If you could go back to the past and change something, what would it be? Well on a personal level, no, not really. I don’t really regret anything I’ve done, except maybe getting stressed or annoyed with people. But obviously there are loads of large-scale catastrophes that I would like to stop happening, if someone gave me the power to. Like the tsunami, or the Holocaust, or Hurricane Katrina, or the Second World War.

What is your mantra? "It’s probably not worth worrying about".

QUOTES ABOUT EDIE - DECEMBER 2010 TO JANUARY 2016

Vogue - December 2010

Best Dressed List 

"She's not a label queen. She wears clothes that you're not sure where they came from and puts her individual stamp on what she's wearing." - Kate Phelan, Vogue fashion director

Elle - September 2011

Most promising new models to hit the spring 2012 runways 

"This girl is a future muse to designers because of her strong sense of style, as well as her well-defined sense of self. She has a look that combines beauty with a little character quirk as well. She reminds me of Jane Birkin." - Jennifer Venditti, JV8INC casting director

“Edie has the kind of quirky beauty that fashion types can’t help loving. And I won’t be at all surprised if she has a career like Stella Tennant’s - someone whose looks and intelligence keep the industry enthralled for a long time to come." - Anna Wintour

Refinery29 - September 17, 2013

Who are some of your favorite models working today? 

Model Karen Elson: “I love Edie Campbell. I’ve worked with her quite a number of times, on a Meisel shoot, and another really awesome shoot with Tim Walker. She’s just really cool, really easygoing, and really nice, too.”

June 2014

“Elegant, cultivated, spirited, she is a model with attitude.” - Stephan Bezy, international general manager of YSL

19 June 2015

I enjoy Edie's Instagram account. She makes fun of “Instagram ethics” and of celebrity life(style). She is everything but that herself. She’s smart and very funny. I enjoy her slightly cynical sense of humour very much. - Saskia de Brauw, Dutch artist and model

Vogue Italia - September 24, 2015

Your icon? 

Edie Campbell - Sunniva Vaatevik, Norwegian model

wmagazine - January 28, 2016

What models do you admire most? 

Model Alice Buckingham: "Edie Campbell is unbelievable. She inspires me because she completed a degree while modeling at the same time and it gives me the confidence that I can balance both."

W MAGAZINE - 1 FEBRUARY 2016

Before They Were Hedi Slimane’s Muses

Before they were known for stomping down the Saint Laurent runway, these models stopped by the W offices to have their Polaroids taken. Meet the six muses who are helping bring Hedi Slimane’s rock-‘n’-roll vision to life.

edie_w_magazine_1feb16_wmagazine.thumb.jpeg.da67dec5e3c56109b72149fc5acb5df8.jpeg 

1/6 

Edie’s been a brunette, she’s sported a mullet, but it’s easy to forget she had super long locks when she first stepped onto the scene, captured in this Polaroid from the W archives. Like many a London ‘It’ girl before her, Edie made her debut in the Burberry spring 2008 ads. With sheared locks, she embodied the Saint Laurent girl, and she began to walk in Slimane’s shows, starting with the fall 2013.

VOGUE PARIS - FEBRUARY 2016

Photographer: Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin
Styling: Emmanuelle Alt
Hair: Malcolm Edwards
Makeup: Aaron de Mey
Nails: Deborah Lippmann

On 2016-1-22 at 1:03 AM, Sunshiine said:

VOGUE PARIS FEBRUARY 2016
25122293_5134597.jpg 25122294_9059381.jpg 25122295_2845272.jpg 25122296_870326.jpg 25122297_3812280.jpg 25122298_3804667.jpg 25122301_1086886.jpg 25122303_9848322.jpg 25122304_109543.jpg 25122306_4775889.jpg 25122308_8820217.jpg 25122310_9247322.jpg 25122311_1035250.jpg 25122313_2685740.jpg 25122316_1181880.jpg 25122317_1334938.jpg

SEE-THROUGH NUDITY

Hide contents

25122290_1958971.jpg 25122291_2715771.jpg 25122292_3353043.jpg

source: photocouture-show

February 2016

VOGUE PARIS - 4 FEBRUARY 2016

Edie Campbell opens her London address book

To mark the start of London Fashion Week, the British model reveals her favorite addresses to Vogue.fr. Truly British like the girl whose tomboy look, sparkling eyes and grunge style have designers falling at her feet, these are spots not to be missed.

Where do you go in London for a full English breakfast? I like breakfast in bed!

Do you have a favorite London bookshop? Daunt Books in Marylebone is amazing.

Where do you work out? Equinox in Kensington.

Who does your hair? Andreas at Josh Wood Atelier does the color.

Which galleries and museums should we check out? The Dulwich Picture Gallery or the Wallace Collection - both are amazing small galleries with incredible collections.

Where is your favorite tea room? Maison Bertaux in Soho.

For whom or what would you cross the city? Very little! A good exhibition at the Bermondsey White Cube, perhaps.

Which is your favorite fashion shop? Browns, but I'm too tight to ever buy anything in there.

Where is your favorite music venue? The Troxy in Commercial road, for its amazing Art Deco facade.

What is the best pub in town? The Punchbowl, in Mayfair.

Where do you go to get away from the city? Warwickshire, Shropshire, to the hills!

Where is your favorite tourist spot? Soho!