Bellazon

Edie Campbell
Thumbnail

WWD – 16 MAY 2018

Karen Elson, Doutzen Kroes, Edie Campbell Among 100 Models Launching ‘Respect’ Program

Led by the Model Alliance’s founder Sara Ziff, the new “Respect" program asks brands, modeling agencies and media outlets to sign a legally binding agreement to protect models.

Excerpts from the article

...Karen Elson, Doutzen Kroes, Teddy Quinlivan, Nathalia Novaes, Milla Jovovich, Caitriona Balfe, Bryce Thompson, Jason Fedele, Geena Rocero, Edie Campbell and Elettra Wiedemann are some of the models who have signed an open letter...

...The Respect program was announced at the Copenhagen Fashion Summit Wednesday by Ziff; Campbell, and casting director and Model Alliance advisory board member James Scully during a discussion entitled “Being a Model in the #MeToo Economy.” In November, Campbell wrote an open letter to the fashion industry highlighting model abuse and calling for radical change...

...Having met with various stakeholders over the last couple of months such as IMG, The Society, Elite Worldwide and DNA Model Management, Ziff said they have been “very encouraged” by the response...

Respect_Letter_5_16_1.thumb.jpg.8a6609a497d4b6564bb4dd45889cacd3.jpg Respect_Letter_5_16_2.thumb.jpg.63fc4460dfa1df2387ff1010ad1959a7.jpg 

LOVE – 28 MAY 2018

Happy 50th Kylie! 50 of LOVE's Closest Friends tell us their Favourite Kylie Song and Why

Today, culture-shaping, pop-icon Kylie Minogue celebrates her 50th Birthday. To commemorate the occasion, LOVE spoke to 50 of their closest friends, asking them to reveal their favourite Kylie anthem and the inevitable story behind it. The messages received prove that Kylie's music retains its full resonance, sparking vivid waves of nostalgia, joy and pride.

Excerpt from thelovemagazine

Edie Campbell, Model

Love at First Sight or Can't Get You Out of My Head: "I wish I could have enjoyed "can't get you out of my head" but my dad ruined it for me by singing the La la la's in a really annoying open-mouthed way. In hindsight, however, there was the very real prospect of Kylie's boob popping out of that white hooded dress. Anyway. Disregarding my dad's best efforts to ruin Kylie for me, it was that one. OR "Love at first sight" because of the 90's cargo paint."

kylie minogue

BRITISH VOGUE – 31 MAY 2018

The Vogue 25: Meet The Women Shaping 2018

edie_vogue25_31may18_vogue_2.thumb.jpg.08850c0badc0801d0a5c51d616ffd280.jpg edie_vogue25_31may18_vogue_1.jpg 

What does power look like now? As we assembled Vogue’s inaugural list of the most influential women working in Britain for the July issue, it became clear that this question is more complicated than ever to answer... Power and influence now take many forms. It does, however, still require an eye-watering level of achievement, regardless of age. It also demands the ability to inspire, and the clout to change the conversation. Drawing from the worlds of politics, fashion, the arts, media and sport, we have had to make notable omissions... So these are the women of this year: the Vogue 25, an extraordinary cast of leaders defining – and redefining – the way we live now.

EDIE CAMPBELL 
Model

At the end of 2017, as the #metoo movement started to permeate the fashion industry, 27-year-old Edie Campbell gave a masterclass in how a person can use their privilege for good. The former Model of the Year’s widely read open letter to the fashion industry, criticising its promotion of a toxic “artist-genius” culture, was a key catalyst in bringing about much-needed reform to working practices, and gave cover for scores of younger models to speak out, too.

– excerpts from vogue.co.uk