Bellazon

Camelot

LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE

Camelot is a historical-fantasy-drama television series which premiered on April 1, 2011 and airs on Friday evenings at 10pm. It is co-produced by the [4][19] That episode, "Homecoming", was subsequently posted on the special series website created by Starz, where it could be streamed for home viewing.

In addition to a meeting with film critics talk about the show,blogging[21] and twittering[22] about the show's progress during and after the filming. Additionally, special short video trailers and behind the scenes video teasers were also posted online.[23] The upcoming series was also advertised online in a "Starz Originals" video, promoting both current and future original series.[24]

Starz also released a poster showing Arthur and Morgan[25] and a series of promotional photos.

In addition to the official promotions, fans created a website to include news and images of the upcoming series.[26]

Reception

While most critical response will come after the official April 1, 2011, two-hour premiere, advance "buzz" has been positive, as evidenced by the comments of Maureen Ryan, who writes the "Stay Tuned" column for TVSquad.com.[27] Writing on February 25, 2011, she lists "five good reasons" to be intrigued by this "new version of the saga of Merlin, Morgan, and Arthur," including:

• The head writer, Chris Chibnall.
  • The excellent cast.
  • "It's Camelot for grownups."
  • Its approach to magic. Ryan quotes Fiennes, who notes that "magic actually presents a danger to those who use it.... We're ...slightly introducing this idea that there is an immense cost; that if you dabble in this, that you will be physically, mentally, and spiritually drained, and it's really not for the faint-hearted."
  • The show will give us "something to watch until the fantasy epic Game of Thrones premieres on HBO on April 17.... we've got Merlin and Arthur to keep us company until then, and possibly beyond.[27]

Critics other than Ryan are also comparing the series to the upcoming HBO series, Game of Thrones.[28] Critic James Hibberd refers to both shows as "swords 'n' sorcery epics," with a "quest for the kingship as the central storyline" -- but adds the comment that there is no reason to choose one over the other, implying that viewers might be able to enjoy both.[28] Hibberd adds the one-word description, "fleshy," to describe the new Starz show.[28] One website used the phrase, "Starz makes Camelot sexy again."[29]

At least one writer wrote about his concerns with any self-described "modern" adaptation of the Arthurian legends,[30] but critical reaction following the February 25, 2011, screening of the first episode was largely positive, including the following remarks:

Camelot
shows promise mostly thanks to Green's emotionally charged performance as the vengeful sorceress whose only interests are achieving her perceived rightful place as queen of the land. After watching
Homecoming
it's hard not to keep watching with promises of
, the
, Tamsin Egerton as Guinevere, Joseph Fiennes using his Merlin powers, and the beginnings of
yet to come.

Additionally, a critic for the Daily Inquirer wrote, "I watched the sneak preview and it looks like Starz has another hit on their hands,"[32] and a New York Times article has called the series "An Arthur worthy of the modern ages."[9]

Same with me. I love this take of Arthur and the 4th episode you are gonna really love sweets. And I love how they make you wonder what Merlins true agenda is as well. He is awesome in here and Eva is simply breathtaking. Especially as an evil bitch. What is it about beautiful evil woman that makes them more beautiful?

I have mixed feeling about this one. We have here great acting by Eva Green as Morgane, but very poor King Arthur. Jamie Campbell Bower is too young, and he is not very credible as monarch in early Middle Ages. The story is not very good. Also Joseph Fiennes as Merlin is not very convincing.

But the last 4th episode was better. Still I find the pilot as the best. James Purefoy should play king Arthur not a killed king Lot

Same with me. I love this take of Arthur and the 4th episode you are gonna really love sweets. And I love how they make you wonder what Merlins true agenda is as well. He is awesome in here and Eva is simply breathtaking. Especially as an evil bitch. What is it about beautiful evil woman that makes them more beautiful?

love Merluin and Morgan in this!!! they make this show. Especially MErlin. love the whole shrouded in mystery bit.

Arthur though, to me, comes across as a bit of a prick, but i am sure that is the intention. and Gwen, man, can that girl be any more of a slut. she will go from her husband to Arthur to Lancelot. anyone else want a turn with her?

• 3 weeks later...