Bellazon

Stacey Solomon
Thumbnail

FashionDream

Stacey Solomon

Stacey Solomon (born 4 October 1989)[1] is a British singer, who finished third on the sixth series of British television series The X Factor. During the competition, Solomon and her fellow The X Factor finalists gained a UK number one single with a cover of Michael Jackson's "You Are Not Alone".[2] Solomon also won the tenth series of I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!

Early life

Solomon was born in 1989, in Dagenham, East London into a Jewish family. She attended Abbs Cross School and Arts College, before moving to King Solomon High School in Barkingside in Redbridge.[3] Stacey has two brothers, one older sister, two stepbrothers and one stepsister.[citation needed]

Career history

2009: The X FactorSolomon auditioned for the sixth series of The X Factor in 2009. She made the Top 12 and advanced to the live shows as a part of the girls category, in which she was mentored by Dannii Minogue. She received the most public votes twice, in weeks 2 and 6.[citation needed] She reached the final three on 12 December 2009 where she sang "What a Wonderful World", "Feeling Good" in a duet with Michael Bublé, and "Who Wants to Live Forever". However, she received the fewest votes of the three remaining contestants,[citation needed] and was eliminated, thus coming third to Joe McElderry and Olly Murs.

In her time on The X Factor, Solomon gained a number-one single along with the rest of that year's finalists, after they released a cover version of "You Are Not Alone". The single topped the UK Singles Chart and Irish Singles Chart.[2]

2010-present:

Recordings and I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here!In 2010, Solomon and the rest of the The X Factor finalists embarked on the 57-date The X Factor Live tour in the UK and Ireland.[citation needed] She performed songs from The X Factor, as well as "Queen of the Night". After the tour, Solomon recorded the song "At Last" on the album In the Mood: A Glenn Miller Celebration by the Royal Air Force Squadronaires, which was released on 31 May 2010. She also appeared on TV Shows promoting the album, as well as performing at the boxing match between Dagenham boxer Kevin Mitchell and Michael Katsidis on 15 May at Upton Park.[citation needed] In October 2010, Solomon won in Living TV's Party Wars.

Solomon appeared as one of the location presenters in Colchester for The X Factor, series 7. She represented Matt Cardle who won the competition.[4] In November 2010, Solomon entered the tenth series of the celebrity reality show, I'm a Celebrity…Get Me out of Here!.[5] Bookmakers listed Solomon as favourite to win before the line-up was even confirmed, and she retained her odds-on status throughout the show's entirety.[citation needed] Going into the final on 4 December, Solomon's odds were as low as 1/16 with some bookmakers, making her the biggest favourite to win in the show's history.[citation needed] During her time on the show, she completed seven Bushtucker Trials, and in the final she beat Shaun Ryder.[6][7]

In January 2011, Solomon stated that she is interested in pursuing a solo career and writing her own music.[8] On January 26, Solomon performed on the 16th National Television Awards alongside fellow I'm a Celebrity contestant Shaun Ryder, performing a mash-up off "Feeling Good" and "Step On".[9] On March 29, Solomon was voted Celebrity Mother of the Year

• 10 months later...
  • 5 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...