• Thrash / Speed Metal - the original shred
    • ALL of the above and more :D
    • Progressive Metal - sound experiments and complex techniques
    • none of the above, but a different subgenre
    • none of the above - I hate metal!!!
    • Industrial Metal

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

don't forget nu metal. far away the best!

but i only appreciate doom and stoner. i HATE all the rest. :yuckky: talk about metal one of OM bandmate is a good friends of my friends from 31knots. it made me thought of you ahahah. both are shared between california and portland where come from OM's "new" drummer. that's a little world! :laugh:

• 2 months later...

Grew up with (thanks to my mom) Iron Maiden, Motorhead, Queensryche, Sabbath etc so I will always love that. Currently I listen to a lot of death like Illdisposed, Cannibal Corpse, Deicide and Bloodbath. Other all time favorites are: Machine Head, Heidevolk, Omnium Gatherum, DevilDriver, Lazarus A.D., Triptykon (and Celtic Frost), Amon Amarth, Kalmah and I'm probably forgetting a whole lot more!

• 1 month later...

I didn't realize this was a poll :ninja: . I far and away prefer the singing of the older metal, so that would give them the edge in terms of the artists at the top of my list. On the other hand, taking subgenres as a whole, I listen to instrumentals most frequently which leans toward the progressive and other styles so its hard to say :) .

I didn't realize this was a poll :ninja: . I far and away prefer the singing of the older metal, so that would give them the edge in terms of the artists at the top of my list. On the other hand, taking subgenres as a whole, I listen to instrumentals most frequently which leans toward the progressive and other styles so its hard to say :) .
If you like instrumentals, I highly recommend Jeff Loomis, Animals as Leaders, and Levi/Werstler.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...