Bellazon

Marisa Miller
Thumbnail

bar none

I think that the 2013 version of Marisa needs to stop comparing her body to the 2004-2008 version.

Huh?  What comparisons has she made?

She got the body back after the baby, might as well flaunt it, otherwise--what's the point?

Seriously, man?  I'm pretty sure the typical woman with a nice body can list a number of more important reasons for having their physique than being an exhibitionist.  Saying she's wasting her body by not showing it off to us is absurd.

Whoa. Whoa. I wasn't trying to start a fight. I'm a Marisa fan. I just think it's a shame that she has effectively disappeared the past two or so years, especially compared to the daily updates we get from other models.

I meant to compliment her--she has a body in the top .00000000000000001% of women out there, and it's unfortunate that she has scaled back her commitment to modeling. Of course I respect her right to focus on her family and make such a decision, but as a fan, I wish we got the kind of regular picture updates from her like we did in 2007 and 2008. 

No offense intended. It's out of respect for her fabulously toned physique that I made my comment. I was typing in a lighthearted, thinking-out-loud way, and I did not choose my words appropriately there. For that, I apologize, and I'll choose my words more carefully going forward so that it is unambiguously clear that I have nothing but a very high opinion of Marisa. 

"Huh?  What comparisons has she made?"

Just so you know what I was referencing--she did that Women's Health interview where she talked about "gravity setting in" and whatnot. I don't remember any other specific language. I assumed that she was referencing the maintenance difficulty of meeting expectations vis a vis her 2006-2008 body. Nothing was meant as an insult to who she is now--I was trying to compliment Marisa's glory years, not insult what she looks like now. 

At Pink--for sure.

I was trying to say I miss her regular fashion spreads. Also, it's crazy how few candid pictures there are of her recently, relative to the other models on her level (Ale, Adriana, Gisele, Heidi, etc.). As a fan, I wish she had the same exposure as them, but I understand that having a kid affects your ability to model. For sure. I think we're on the same page now. Sorry for my bumbling through that--It's definitely an irrational and misguided frustration on my part to complain about her career choices out of a selfish desire to see more of her.

as a fan, I wish we got the kind of regular picture updates from her like we did in 2007 and 2008. 

We all do.  :p  But I'm not that bummed.  Marisa is 35 (saying that makes me feel old) and had a longer career than most models can dream of.  Plus, I never had the impression modeling was something Marisa would have trouble walking away from when the time came.  She never seemed to think modeling was a big deal, which I've always liked about her.

She seems to have a lot of untapped earnings power. I mean, could you imagine if she made a series of workout videos? She'd make millions, re-establish her fame, etc.

From a general modeling career perspective, it seems she has a lot of potential that is going unrealized. Obviously, if she is satisfied with the career she's had, and wants to focus on the family, that's her prerogative.