Bellazon

Marisa Miller
Thumbnail

bar none

:ddr:

Marisa Miller named NFL spokesperson

Sports Illustrated swimsuit model Marisa Miller is teaming up with yet another legendary sports organization: the National Football League.

The supermodel has signed on as the new spokesperson for the NFL's 2010-2011 season, The Hollywood Reporter confirms exclusively.

"I'm so excited to have this incredible opportunity to partner with the NFL," Miller says. "I've grown up watching football my whole life."

The "SuperFan" will be promoting the league's special events, including the Oct. 31 International Series game airing on CBS between the San Francisco 49ers and Denver Broncos in London.

"Marisa's love for the NFL and our sport made her ideally suited for this role," said Chris Parsons, NFL Vice President of International. "We look forward to working with her."

A longtime 49ers fan, Miller will appear in both print and commercial ads for the league. The print campaign--shot by Cartel and photographer Brian Bowen -- features Miller in vintage 49ers and Broncos gear to promote the overseas game.

"Going to the U.K. for this game is going to be a blast," the former Victoria Secret model says. "I'm looking forward to helping gain new fans and show them how incredible the game of American football is!"

link

^ Of the articles I've read by people on a soapbox over this, Vaccaro was one of the more reasonable writers. :laugh: But the overall argument is dumb to me. I'm sure Marisa is going to wear nothing as sexualized as your average NFL cheerleader outfit.

In other news...

Watch Marisa Miller on Comedy Central tomorrow night at 9pm ET/PT for the