Bellazon

Marisa Miller
Thumbnail

bar none

Empire State Bodies

Victoria's Secret celebrates 10 years of Body by Victoria with supermodels and skyscrapers

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

(NEW YORK) "I've never been in the Empire State Building, and I'm pretty petrified of heights," exclaimed Marisa Miller this afternoon from a perch atop the 5th Avenue landmark. "I have at last conquered my big fear!" But while Victoria's Secret stars like Miller, Alessandra Ambrosio, Lindsay Ellingson, and Emanuela de Paula were busy dealing with their phobias, the crowds on the Observation Deck and later the brand's Herald Square store ignored the scenery and quickly moved on to snapping the supermodels. It was all part of the twelve-hour-long PR blitz to celebrate 10 years of Body by Victoria. "Our day started at 4 in the morning. We had like two breakfasts--you need to when you get up this early," added Miller. "I had one at 5:30 and then another at 9:30."

And while these girls are veterans, handling everyone from German TV anchors to fashion bloggers from California, Ellingson and de Paula were busy being initiated to the VS fold. "This is really a dream job," offered Ellingson. "So in a way, it's easy being a rookie. The other girls tell me their secrets!" "I was very nervous this morning, but these girls made me feel comfortable," agreed Brazilian star de Paula. "And after being on top of New York, I think I can pretty much do anything."

It was the countrywomen who were most relaxed. "I'm between vacations," boasted Ambrosio. "I was just in Turks and Caicos with my sister and daughter and I'm going to Bali next. I need to relax a little bit because before you know it, everything will be rolling again!" Her daughter Anja will turn one on August 24. "She's doing so great," the model said of her equally gorgeous offspring. "She's talking and trying to walk. And that's the most challenging thing about being a mom. I love being at work but I don't want to miss anything!"

Link

She is everywhere now, been on every show, She's the All-American Blonde, Hate it or Love it, that sells! The company kind of lost interest in the general American public with it's over use of the Brazilian models, but the interest in Brazilian models is not hot liek it was 5 years ago. IMO, I think it's Clear Marisa will be the number 1 Angel pretty soon! She can sell, im not sure that Andriana and Alessandra can appeal to the general American model against her. What show hasn't Marisa been on in the last year? She was introduced as "America's Supermodel" and now they have "Lindsey as the mini-Marisa". Do you all agree? Emanuela also can appeal because most ppl probably think she is an African-American, but I think Chanel Iman will eventually fine her way to Victoria Secret and be the top African-American model.

Well, they're heavily using Marisa for a number of reasons. For one, aside from Heidi, she's the oldest Angel- which means she doesn't have as much time as the others to "grow". The fact that she's an All-American girl is another factor. Prior to her officially signing with VS, all of the current Angels were from overseas (mainly Brazil). Also, as English is her first language, it's easier for her to be a spokeswoman for the company because of the absent of the language barrier. In all, I think the executives at VS want to use bring in more American spokewomans like Marisa and Lindsay.

On a side note, while not actually "African American", but rather Afro-Brazilian, I believe Emanuela is well on her way to becoming the company's most prominent black model. I have a feeling Gracie Carvalho will eventually be another major black model for the VS.

HOLY F....!!!

http://twitpic.com/dwi42

(unfortunetaly they took measures ... "view full size" doesn't do much anymore, it stays in LQ + tagged...)

I have that in HQ somewhere on my comp...

What? How? That's cool... :D

I'm not in the camp of Marisa fans, but the picture is legendary, it shouldn't matter if one is a 200% Marisa fan or just stumbled on the pic because he was looking for new stuff on Bar. (I belong to the latter.)

So it would be great if you could upload it somewhere and then post the link. :)