Bellazon

Marisa Miller
Thumbnail

bar none

^ I don't think you can say SI's been taken over by celebs simply because Beyonce had the 2007 cover. The SISE has always featured non-models (athletes, cheerleaders, etc.) and probably always will, but models have always been the majority and undeniable focal point of each issue and I highly doubt a non-model getting the cover will happen again (especially considering how the Beyonce cover was basically trashed all over the internet).

In fact, I would give SI the edge over VS, not only because they seem more willing to use a variety of women (black, asian, etc.), but also because the SISE is far more about the models than swimsuits, which gets the names of even the rookies out in the public in a way that only happens with VS if you're an Angel.

^ Oh believe me, everyone in this thread thought Marisa had more than earned the 2007 cover (and probably 2004, 2005, and 2006, too :laugh:), so to see Beyonce on it instead did more than annoy many of us. :ninja: In fact, I believe my first post on BZ was anger about this happening. :laugh: I do worry about the future of SI though, since there's no model that comes close to matching Marisa's popularity in the swimsuit issues to replace her when she leaves - maybe SI will have to resort to celebs more on the cover. :ninja: Which is why they should give her the cover in 2009. :whistle:

Oh damn, I was just about to post those pics! :laugh: But thanks! Here is at least the first page of the interview from Complex's November issue - it says there's a second page, but it's the same as the first :blink:

Miller's Dressing

...Or lack thereof. The woman who put the "i-i-i!" back in "bikini" is as stunning as ever. The only difference now is MARISA's got the complex stamp of approval.

You know Marisa Miller, right? You know she’s the body-painted goddess on the cover of the last Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition, and you know she’s the capo of the Victoria’s Secret Angels (the Bird Gang of our dreams). But did you know she’s a dedicated surfer whose aunt used to ride on the pro tour? Or that she lists OutKast and Jane’s Addiction among her favorite groups?

The truth is, we didn’t know this stuff either. But not long ago, we spent an afternoon hanging out with Marisa on a rooftop in Manhattan’s Lower East Side - us drinking PBRs and her generally being a down-ass chick (our legal department had to stop her from pelting hipsters with water balloons from the sixth floor). Along the way, we also learned she’s the nicest globe-trotting millionaire supermodel we’ve ever met. So nice, in fact, that we dispensed with almost all of the immature questions we were planning to ask her. Almost.

So, we’ve been hanging out all day, and we couldn’t help but notice you’re really, really…nice. You realize that kind of messes up your image, right?

Marisa Miller: Why?

Because a guy can always say, “That Marisa Miller, she’s hot and all, but she brains her assistants with cell phones and castrates gerbils, and I could never be with somebody like that.” The fact that you’re actually nice kind of does away with all the excuses.

Marisa Miller: [Laughs.] You know what? That’s how it should be. I think people should be nice. That’s always funny to me, when people say, “You’re so nice." I feel like why shouldn’t I be? That shouldn’t be a good trait; it should be the standard.

Is there anything that brings out your mean side?

Marisa Miller: I wouldn’t say I get mean; I think with my job I’m mostly exhausted. If I’m tired and hungry and jet-lagged, I might get a little grumpy. [Laughs.] I have a bad mood like everyone else, but I don’t think I’m a mean-spirited person.

Maybe your secret violent side comes out during pillow fights with the other Victoria’s Secrets girls?

Marisa Miller: [Laughs.] I’m definitely a competitive person when it comes to sports, but not with women. I’d much rather lift girls up than bring them down.

So, you guys do have pillow fights! Although “lift girls up” makes it sound like you might be more of a wrestler.

Marisa Miller: [Laughs.] Not in the way you guys want to think. Honestly, we generally work solo a lot. But the times we do PR dates, or when we did the fashion show all together, it’s really fun because we all get to hang out.

There is that perception that all models are catty and backstabbing, though. Is there any truth to that?

Marisa Miller: Of course you hear things, but I haven’t had those things happen to me. But everybody is different. You are your own person. So, I think you can bring a lot of that stuff on, too. It’s important to be grounded and be appreciative.

Link

There's a vid there maybe Pink can grab.