Bellazon

Marisa Miller
Thumbnail

bar none

:heart:

Well, there's a reason why my scans didn't appear here earlier (which I won't talk about), but YES, the ads are for the new Harley Davidson campaign. When I said they were non-fashion and non-sports related, I was referring to this.

The newest issue of Esquire Magazine has a three-page foldout of Marisa straddling the new V-Rod motorcycle and I'm posting there here. The first two pages aren't so sexy to look at (its a bit blurry), but the third scan is as sharp as can be.

Click on the thumbnail to view the Super-UHQ scan!

30557024.6bef11.jpg

30557028.574ad1.jpg

30557030.827f12.jpg

BTW, I think the new motorcycle is a semi-ripoff of the Batpod from "The Dark Knight" with the large tires and long chassis. RIP OFF! :fun:

:laugh:

Well, there's a reason why my scans didn't appear here earlier (which I won't talk about), but YES, the ads are for the new Harley Davidson campaign. When I said they were non-fashion and non-sports related, I was referring to this.

The newest issue of Esquire Magazine has a three-page foldout of Marisa straddling the new V-Rod motorcycle and I'm posting there here. The first two pages aren't so sexy to look at (its a bit blurry), but the third scan is as sharp as can be.

Click on the thumbnail to view the Super-UHQ scan!

30557024.6bef11.jpg

30557028.574ad1.jpg

30557030.827f12.jpg

BTW, I think the new motorcycle is a semi-ripoff of the Batpod from "The Dark Knight" with the large tires and long chassis. RIP OFF! :fun:

Harley revs up cooler image with supermodel Miller

Harley rides for cooler image, younger riders in ad campaign with supermodel Marisa Miller

October 8th, 2008

NEW YORK (Associated Press) - Harley-Davidson Inc., best known for its tough-guy motorcycles and raucous rallies, is teaming up with supermodel Marisa Miller to promote a new a bike as the company reaches out to younger, urbane riders.

Starting Oct. 10, Harley will launch an ad campaign featuring Miller, 30, promoting the Milwaukee-based company's new V-Rod Muscle motorcycle, a sporty, sleek bike that targets a younger, urban and affluent demographic.

"This is sort of nontraditional Harley-Davidson," said Mark-Hans Richer, senior vice president and chief marketing officer. "The V-Rod Muscle is really a stretch of the brand's definition in many ways."

Miller, a Victoria's Secret model, has made the rounds at reality television shows and is a regular in men's magazines such as Maxim. This year, she was on the cover of Sports Illustrated's Swimsuit Edition, and has also cut promotional deals with shoe company Vans and other clothing companies.

"My uncle rides a Harley, my dad rides bikes," Miller said in an interview. "I've been around it my whole life."

Richer acknowledged Harley is trying to reaching out to a younger, hipper demographic with its ad campaign. Not only is Miller more recognizable to younger audiences, but the campaign itself will feature lots of online content such as video, wallpapers and downloadable photos, he said.

"It's tilted more to the youth end of the scale," he said.

It's no secret that Harley's customer base is largely middle-aged riders and is aging fast. The median age for Harley buyers has risen to 48 in 2007, from 45 in 2002, and from 35 in 1987,said JP Morgan analyst Dara Mohsenian in a report to investors this week.

"Long-term demographic trends for Harley's core customers are unfavorable, given high exposure to older consumers and low exposure to younger consumers, which we think is a negative issue under-appreciated in the investment community," Mohsenian said.

In addition, the motorcycle maker has taken a beating from the slowdown in the vehicle market. Harley sales are closely tied to consumer confidence, which has rapidly slumped this year. The company said in July its shipments dropped more than 15 percent in the second quarter, while retail sales fell 3.6 percent from the year-ago quarter.

Harley is scheduled to report third-quarter earnings on Oct. 16. The company's stock fell 6 cents to close Wednesday at $29.03.

Dont accept ANY substitutes, people! You won't find a bigger version of these scans anywhere except from me. Oh, and be sure to pick up a copy of Esquire so that you can get your copy Marisa straddling the bike. I don't know if its out yet, but I already got my copy (obviously).

Anyway, I'm not sure if Harley Davidson has updated their site, but I'm sure more official content will be available from them within the next few days. Also, if you look at the third picture, there is a disclaimer on the left side that encourages you to take a picture of the ad with your cellphone and then send the image via text or e-mail to a certain # in order to receive more content. Has anyone done that yet?

Dont accept ANY substitutes, people! You won't find a bigger version of these scans anywhere except from me. Oh, and be sure to pick up a copy of Esquire so that you can get your copy Marisa straddling the bike. I don't know if its out yet, but I already got my copy (obviously).

Anyway, I'm not sure if Harley Davidson has updated their site, but I'm sure more official content will be available from them within the next few days. Also, if you look at the third picture, there is a disclaimer on the left side that encourages you to take a picture of the ad with your cellphone and then send the image via text or e-mail to a certain # in order to receive more content. Has anyone done that yet?