Bellazon

Sasha Pivovarova
Thumbnail

purple

Thanks for all the updates :fun:

I just LOVE everything. Biotherm looks just so pretty and Longchamp looks fierce!

I found some new stuff on tFS :

An interview from Marie Claire Spain, translated by ax80

Sasha Pivovarova: The Russian Doll.

By Paloma Simón.

Neither parties, nor runway shows, nor trends: Her true passion is the symbolic painter Gustav Moreau. The new face of Biotherm defines herself as an artist that is 'accidentally' a model. She loves to draw without pauses, she loves ethnic music and hates heels. We discovered her in Paris.

Is it possible to rank up in the top model world without cominating the english language and having a nearer passion towards fine arts than runways? Sasha Pivovarova (Moscow, 1985) breaks the myth that us mortals associate with the cold and rapid world of parties, photoshoots and VIP rooms. The russian girl that confirms that she became a model by accident and doesn't make that up just to fill up her book, has always a huge block of drawings with her everywhere she goes. Traces "charged with symbolic art" show on and on the angular face of a young girl that desires to devote herself fully to her real passion of painting but due to her thriving career stopped her from going to the School for Fine Arts in her city of birth.

Her presidential suite in a luxurious Parisian hotel is home to the face of Biotherm (along with Mirhé Grimmelmann and Tasha Tiberg) and she receives us here with an exquisite amount of manners instead of colder nature. She is shy and discreet and has chosen a cream design decorated with details that are a true to of the designer. It is Giambattista Valli, one of her favorite designers.

She has her hair in a bun like the Prada shots that put her on the map nine seasons ago. Miuccia made her her face. The Italian women has helped her out in her career even though Sasha mentions that <<she hasn't talked too much with the designer because in this industry, there isn't too much conversation>>.

ME, DONA: What did you feel that you being a student of the Fine Arts suddenly found yourself in Milan as a Prada muse? Do you believe that your artistic views along with your peculiar face structure is what seduced Miuccia? (Besides having shot her campaigns, Sasha has also walked for the same line six seasons in a row, a total record).

SASHA PIVOVAROVA: First I was done with my education and then Is tarted working as a model. In my case, success was pure casualty. My agent (and husband, the photographer Igor Vishnyakov) sent my shots to an agency in Moscow and got to the hands of Miuccia and they liked me. My first runay show was for Prada whom I worked with on the last nine seasons. I love what she does but we haven't had a real strong relationship because I can't speak too good english... but yes, I would like to think that my way of being has had an influence.

D: Even when you were forced to leave your career in Fine Arts, you still paint and taking photography. How would you define your style? Do they reflect your life?

S: I never leave my pencils, I always draw (while she talks, she points to a thick notebook with sketches that lies on the table). Between shows, during castings... My work is filled with symbolic nature just like my favorite painter, Gustav Moreau. Every week I try to get lost a couple of hours in his Parisian museum. I also like Oskar Kokoschka and Takashi Murakami.

D: A lot of models dream to become actresses. You instead dream of becoming a professional painter or photographer?

S: I haven't thrown away the idea of becoming an actress because I paint. Maybe I will end up acting. When I was little I attended a workshop where I started exploring my theatric side.

D: Models are a continuous inspiration for regular people as for fashion designers. Who are your favorite ones?

S: I love working for Prada, Giambattista Valli, Karl Lagerfeld and John Galliano but on my regular day I choose more comfortable and colorful clothing. I love to layer up as well. My everyday look has little to do with the look I bring on the runway. My real image is relaxed. I don't use heels.

It is true in fact that Sasha brings a very natural image. She wears no make up or perfume yet the supermodel resembles a nymph more than a runway star. Her voice, sweet and calm, shows a strong character inside of a spectacular body that is more spectacular because of its unique and mysterious way than for her perfect measurements. She soothes her skin with chinese tea and by not drinking alcohol or eating meat. She maintains her form due to kung-fu.

D: Who else do you admire in the world of fashion?

S: As an artist I love the photographic work of Steven Meisel and Peter Lindbergh. The first because of his strong personality and the second because her shots are simple delightful.

D: You are considered to be the second best model in the world. DI you ever dream of becoming an international model? What do you like the most and the least about your career?

S: Success came sudden and was completely unplanned. This allows me to keep a simple way of life. My work gives me the possibility to travel and meet interesting and creative people but I hate missing my family. Everyone is in Russia except for my husband.

D: I read that you love Russian literature that children in your home country discover at a young age. Who are your favorite authors? And at that, do you believe that the Russia described by Tolstói or Dostoievski has anything to do with Putin's Russia?

S: Yes, all the novels by Fiodr Dostoievski could show my country. There's a lot of similarities between the age he narrates and the present Russia but Putin is part of the past.

The model does not go into political details and her representative gives us a message that she was there to talk about beauty. So we go back to our startpoint, her contract with Biotherm.

D: You just got a dream of many models, to work with a big cosmetic company. That may allow you to leave runway and focus more on painting...

S: Yes, starting now I won't do 60 runway shows per season. I'll be more careful with what I choose and I'll only choose the ones I really like. A part of natural evolution, I guess.

D: do you have any artistic references from Spain?

S: I vacationed in Barcelona and I was fascinated by the Sacred Family, the architectural mix.

D: You show a very fragile being. Do you think your body has made its mark? Who is your favorite model?

S: yes of course, my body has noticed a before and after on the runway shows (she laughs). Still, my favorite models are not of my generation. The German Veruschka, an artist like me and Nico. Also Milla Jovovich even if I see her more as an actress than a model.

The three colleagues that she mentions were in their days icons. Maybe with time, Sasha Pivovarova will become an exemplary person that will represent great prosperity for "made in Russia" models of the beginning of this millennium along with Natasha Poly and Natalia Vodianova.

D: You have been the face of Prada, Pringle, Giorgio Armani Cosmetics, Zara, etc and have been on numerous covers of the most important fashion magazines around the world. What is missing now?

S: I have always wanted to become involved on a project related to protecting our environment and I think that through Biotherm I will be able to accomplish this even if it's too soon to see the results.

D: What would you bring with you to a deserted island?

S: (She thinks a couple of seconds). My sketchbook and a DVD player to see Jim Jarmusch and Wong Kar-wai films. My favorite film is "The Scent of the Green Papaya". Also food and clothing of course. And my iPod where I listen to ethnic and folkloric music from the entire world.

D: What do you see for yourself in 10 years? Are you back in Russia?

S: I imagine myself living in New York with a baby, taking care of my family and of course drawing and giving my all to my artistic career.

She has gotten her passion for the arts just like her natural beauty from her mother and it reigns through the whole interview and the good-bye that comes naturally when Sasha invites us to discover her sketches in her notebook, a preview of a secure future in traces and drawings. Her passion is so strong that she does it with whatever falls into her hands: Pens, wine, coffee, etc... maybe because her ambitions are focused on these traces has she gotten where she is right now.

The different excerpts:

The first painting is one of Sasha's paintings and it's called "The Model-Artist".

Sasha's World:

1. Aquasource Biosensitive, one of the products the model will work with.

2. One of her paintings.

3. Posing with one of her paintings.

4 & 9. Two images from her Biotherm campaign.

5. Her favorite cream, Aquasource.

6. Her icons: Milla Jovovich, her musicals...

7. Some of her sketches that accompany her everywhere.

8. A candid from her campaign photoshoot.

10. Make p remover, Biosource Biosensitive.

11. The shoes she wore on the day she was presented as the face of the brand.

12. During her interview in Paris.

And Sasha for Giorgio Armani, scanned by fugiko

post-24774-1230135712_thumb.jpg

:wave:

I wanted to know whether or not any ofd you guys have ever visited pivarovist.co.cc (link sp?)

Because it seems to be down.

I wanted ot make a sasha fansite. Anyone in?

i believe there already is... but DANG! go ahead! no one is stopping you!

but can i just suggest you make like an online art gallery of sasha's sketches! that would be so kick ass!

I wanted to know whether or not any ofd you guys have ever visited pivarovist.co.cc (link sp?)

Because it seems to be down.

I wanted ot make a sasha fansite. Anyone in?

i believe there already is... but DANG! go ahead! no one is stopping you!

but can i just suggest you make like an online art gallery of sasha's sketches! that would be so kick ass!

:yes:

Thanks for all the updates :fun:

I just LOVE everything. Biotherm looks just so pretty and Longchamp looks fierce!

I found some new stuff on tFS :

An interview from Marie Claire Spain, translated by ax80

Sasha Pivovarova: The Russian Doll.

By Paloma Simón.

Neither parties, nor runway shows, nor trends: Her true passion is the symbolic painter Gustav Moreau. The new face of Biotherm defines herself as an artist that is 'accidentally' a model. She loves to draw without pauses, she loves ethnic music and hates heels. We discovered her in Paris.

Is it possible to rank up in the top model world without cominating the english language and having a nearer passion towards fine arts than runways? Sasha Pivovarova (Moscow, 1985) breaks the myth that us mortals associate with the cold and rapid world of parties, photoshoots and VIP rooms. The russian girl that confirms that she became a model by accident and doesn't make that up just to fill up her book, has always a huge block of drawings with her everywhere she goes. Traces "charged with symbolic art" show on and on the angular face of a young girl that desires to devote herself fully to her real passion of painting but due to her thriving career stopped her from going to the School for Fine Arts in her city of birth.

Her presidential suite in a luxurious Parisian hotel is home to the face of Biotherm (along with Mirhé Grimmelmann and Tasha Tiberg) and she receives us here with an exquisite amount of manners instead of colder nature. She is shy and discreet and has chosen a cream design decorated with details that are a true to of the designer. It is Giambattista Valli, one of her favorite designers.

She has her hair in a bun like the Prada shots that put her on the map nine seasons ago. Miuccia made her her face. The Italian women has helped her out in her career even though Sasha mentions that <<she hasn't talked too much with the designer because in this industry, there isn't too much conversation>>.

ME, DONA: What did you feel that you being a student of the Fine Arts suddenly found yourself in Milan as a Prada muse? Do you believe that your artistic views along with your peculiar face structure is what seduced Miuccia? (Besides having shot her campaigns, Sasha has also walked for the same line six seasons in a row, a total record).

SASHA PIVOVAROVA: First I was done with my education and then Is tarted working as a model. In my case, success was pure casualty. My agent (and husband, the photographer Igor Vishnyakov) sent my shots to an agency in Moscow and got to the hands of Miuccia and they liked me. My first runay show was for Prada whom I worked with on the last nine seasons. I love what she does but we haven't had a real strong relationship because I can't speak too good english... but yes, I would like to think that my way of being has had an influence.

D: Even when you were forced to leave your career in Fine Arts, you still paint and taking photography. How would you define your style? Do they reflect your life?

S: I never leave my pencils, I always draw (while she talks, she points to a thick notebook with sketches that lies on the table). Between shows, during castings... My work is filled with symbolic nature just like my favorite painter, Gustav Moreau. Every week I try to get lost a couple of hours in his Parisian museum. I also like Oskar Kokoschka and Takashi Murakami.

D: A lot of models dream to become actresses. You instead dream of becoming a professional painter or photographer?

S: I haven't thrown away the idea of becoming an actress because I paint. Maybe I will end up acting. When I was little I attended a workshop where I started exploring my theatric side.

D: Models are a continuous inspiration for regular people as for fashion designers. Who are your favorite ones?

S: I love working for Prada, Giambattista Valli, Karl Lagerfeld and John Galliano but on my regular day I choose more comfortable and colorful clothing. I love to layer up as well. My everyday look has little to do with the look I bring on the runway. My real image is relaxed. I don't use heels.

It is true in fact that Sasha brings a very natural image. She wears no make up or perfume yet the supermodel resembles a nymph more than a runway star. Her voice, sweet and calm, shows a strong character inside of a spectacular body that is more spectacular because of its unique and mysterious way than for her perfect measurements. She soothes her skin with chinese tea and by not drinking alcohol or eating meat. She maintains her form due to kung-fu.

D: Who else do you admire in the world of fashion?

S: As an artist I love the photographic work of Steven Meisel and Peter Lindbergh. The first because of his strong personality and the second because her shots are simple delightful.

D: You are considered to be the second best model in the world. DI you ever dream of becoming an international model? What do you like the most and the least about your career?

S: Success came sudden and was completely unplanned. This allows me to keep a simple way of life. My work gives me the possibility to travel and meet interesting and creative people but I hate missing my family. Everyone is in Russia except for my husband.

D: I read that you love Russian literature that children in your home country discover at a young age. Who are your favorite authors? And at that, do you believe that the Russia described by Tolstói or Dostoievski has anything to do with Putin's Russia?

S: Yes, all the novels by Fiodr Dostoievski could show my country. There's a lot of similarities between the age he narrates and the present Russia but Putin is part of the past.

The model does not go into political details and her representative gives us a message that she was there to talk about beauty. So we go back to our startpoint, her contract with Biotherm.

D: You just got a dream of many models, to work with a big cosmetic company. That may allow you to leave runway and focus more on painting...

S: Yes, starting now I won't do 60 runway shows per season. I'll be more careful with what I choose and I'll only choose the ones I really like. A part of natural evolution, I guess.

D: do you have any artistic references from Spain?

S: I vacationed in Barcelona and I was fascinated by the Sacred Family, the architectural mix.

D: You show a very fragile being. Do you think your body has made its mark? Who is your favorite model?

S: yes of course, my body has noticed a before and after on the runway shows (she laughs). Still, my favorite models are not of my generation. The German Veruschka, an artist like me and Nico. Also Milla Jovovich even if I see her more as an actress than a model.

The three colleagues that she mentions were in their days icons. Maybe with time, Sasha Pivovarova will become an exemplary person that will represent great prosperity for "made in Russia" models of the beginning of this millennium along with Natasha Poly and Natalia Vodianova.

D: You have been the face of Prada, Pringle, Giorgio Armani Cosmetics, Zara, etc and have been on numerous covers of the most important fashion magazines around the world. What is missing now?

S: I have always wanted to become involved on a project related to protecting our environment and I think that through Biotherm I will be able to accomplish this even if it's too soon to see the results.

D: What would you bring with you to a deserted island?

S: (She thinks a couple of seconds). My sketchbook and a DVD player to see Jim Jarmusch and Wong Kar-wai films. My favorite film is "The Scent of the Green Papaya". Also food and clothing of course. And my iPod where I listen to ethnic and folkloric music from the entire world.

D: What do you see for yourself in 10 years? Are you back in Russia?

S: I imagine myself living in New York with a baby, taking care of my family and of course drawing and giving my all to my artistic career.

She has gotten her passion for the arts just like her natural beauty from her mother and it reigns through the whole interview and the good-bye that comes naturally when Sasha invites us to discover her sketches in her notebook, a preview of a secure future in traces and drawings. Her passion is so strong that she does it with whatever falls into her hands: Pens, wine, coffee, etc... maybe because her ambitions are focused on these traces has she gotten where she is right now.

The different excerpts:

The first painting is one of Sasha's paintings and it's called "The Model-Artist".

Sasha's World:

1. Aquasource Biosensitive, one of the products the model will work with.

2. One of her paintings.

3. Posing with one of her paintings.

4 & 9. Two images from her Biotherm campaign.

5. Her favorite cream, Aquasource.

6. Her icons: Milla Jovovich, her musicals...

7. Some of her sketches that accompany her everywhere.

8. A candid from her campaign photoshoot.

10. Make p remover, Biosource Biosensitive.

11. The shoes she wore on the day she was presented as the face of the brand.

12. During her interview in Paris.

that's a very inetersting interview!

I didn't know it was Igor who sent pics of Sasha to a model agency...because I read somewhere it was her friend...well, maybe at that time, they just weren't husband&wife ;)

I can't believe they asked her about Putin :rofl: and she likes Dostoievski (Y) and hates wearing heels (Y)