Bellazon

The Bellazon Awards: Best Actress

Joe > Average

Totals from the lists. I wanted to do one on one, but I remember in the "Everything About Her" comp people were like, "I haven't seen any of her movies, a clip isn't enough" "its in Spanish" ect. But anyway, I was wondering if this would be easier as...

A) A poll with 20-30 respected actresses from the decade (2000-2010)

B) An all-time list

C) 90s-present list (in contrast to all time as that's the most common range of awareness of this sites demographic)

D) other, speak up if so

Speak now or forever hold your peace :hehe: .

Totals from the lists. I wanted to do one on one, but I remember in the "Everything About Her" comp people were like, "I haven't seen any of her movies, a clip isn't enough" "its in Spanish" ect. But anyway, I was wondering if this would be easier as...

A) A poll with 20-30 respected actresses from the decade (2000-2010)

B) An all-time list

C) 90s-present list (in contrast to all time as that's the most common range of awareness of this sites demographic)

D) other, speak up if so

Speak now or forever hold your peace :hehe: .

Ok, finally I´m getting it :yes: and Joe, I´m so glad my little Slovak movie captured your heart :cry:

but damn, it´s so hard to pick 15 which I loved best... I watched too many movies :ninja: (and Meryl Streep is the best of the best of the best sir!) I guess this will be in no particular order, just actresses that come to my mind and which I consider great.

1. Meryl Streep (I HAVE TO!! The Hours 2002)

2. Ivana Baquero (Pan´s Labyrinth 2006) exceptional film with exceptional cast

3. Dakota Fanning (Hide and Seek 2005, Taken 2002)

4. Sandra Bullock (The Lake House 2006 and many more :D )

5. Maribel Verdú (Pan´s Labyrinth 2006)

6. Kate Winslet (Finding Neverland, 2004)

7. Kate Beckinsale (The Aviator, 2004)

8. Marion Cotillard (Inception 2010)

9. Penelope Cruz (Volver 2006)

10. Renee Zellweger (Cold Mountain 2003, Chicago 2002)

11. Catherine Zeta Jones (Chicago 2002)

12. Gong Li (Curse of the Golden Flower 2006, Memoirs of a Geisha 2005, 2046 2004)

13. Chloe Moretz (Kick Ass 2010)

14. Mélanie Laurent (Inglorious Basterds, 2009)

15. Angelina Jolie (Beyond Borders 2003, Taking Lives 2004, Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow 2004, Alexander The Great 2004....)

Its just an open kind of thing without a set time limit atm. The hope is to get enough votes (preferably 50 or more) whereby someone couldn't make the top 5 just by virtue of being on 3 lists. Of course the regular comp voters who haven't voted by now should be counted as a loss for the most part, but we could probably ask people from the actress threads. And of course if it just fails, it won't be the first, but I would still average the votes in such a case in honor of those that did vote :) .

Joe, maybe you should a comp based on the most talented actress instead of movie and television roles? Have people nominate their favorite actresses based on talent? Of course there will always be those who go by looks instead of talent.

Joe, maybe you should a comp based on the most talented actress instead of movie and television roles? Have people nominate their favorite actresses based on talent? Of course there will always be those who go by looks instead of talent.

I thought that this is what the competition was about, as long as their acting was in 2000-2010?

I think Joe should vote too :)

I thought that this is what the competition was about, as long as their acting was in 2000-2010?

I think Joe should vote too :)

Yes, but without the roles they played. It seems to be too complicated for some people