Bellazon

The Bellazon Awards: Best Actress

Joe > Average

I had wanted to do this a long time ago, but forgot about it and just thought of it again randomly and hadn't intended on going for it, but I guess I'm just impulsive :ninja: . I'll just try it out, but if it falls on its face, it won't be the first time :ninja: *deleted the threads to hide the evidence* :ninja: . But long story short, I know its a fashion forum, so of course the best looking actresses are the most popular, but I've always wanted to do a talent based competition. Even if we don't all agree, that doesn't matter, as long as that is the shared intent, I wanted to give that a shot. Anyway, you never know until you try :laugh: .

Premise

Top actresses by performance of the last decade. Partially because it doesn't have a catch name (like 90s or 80s ect.) its easy for some to forget it was a decade :| .

Preemptive Q&A

Why not all time? Lets just see how this works first.

What is the time range? 2000-2010

Can it be from any country? Yes

Can it be a made for TV or straight to video movie? If you feel she is as or more talented than the major film, by all means.

What about 2011? 2000-2010

Does it have to be an oscar/golden globe ect. winner or nominee? Nope, its based on your opinion. Your opinion is as relevant as any for your vote.

What's the minimum age? Erm...talent is talent I guess, lol?

Do we factor in looks? Its probably inevitable to some degree on a fashion forum, but I'd rather not.

What to do?

1. You will list the top actresses of the last decade in order of talent with what you consider to be their best performance in parenthesis. This is not to say ordering them by the individual performance, but so if you want to just randomly put someone's name, you at least have to put yourself out there with a performance :p .

2. Separate list of your top 5 best individual performances.

3. There will be two titles, one for Bellazon's best actress and another for best performance (probably a point for the performance being mentioned in the actress list and 2-3 points for being mentioned and rank in the performance list.

4. I was originally going to do nominations and person vs. person, but I remember there being a competiton that included talent and people saying they hadn't seen anything with the person in it ect. So since its a bit much to ask for a person to go out in their way and watch a whole movie just for a round that may be closed anyway by the time they even get the movie, I figured its better to do some version of the Bellazon's hottest format and have people make their own lists.

Bugs to Work Out/Outside Input

1. How many for the lists? top 10 actresses? top 15 actresses? top 20 actresses?

2. And how many for the performance list? 5? 10? 15? 20?

3. Should there be a third list for TV series actress?

I'll take input for about a day and just go for it after that :) . All in all, to all you hating on some chick saying, "she has no talent ect." here's your chance to speak up for talent :p .

Angelina Jolie

Salma Hayek

Nicole Kidman

Maggie Cheung

Lucy Liu

Uma Thurman

Chiaki Kuriyama

Gong Li

Naomi Watts

Thandie Newton

Penelope Cruz

Charlize Theron

Julia Roberts

Diane Lane

Tilda Swinton

Julianne Moore

Catherine Zeta Jones

Kate Hudson

Demi Moore

Sharon Stone

Diane Keaton

Helen Mirren

And I think we should do a list for television also

Fair enough :hehe: .

16, 32, 64, 128... if you use those numbers for nominations you'll have easy pairings with no little left overs. :idk:

Yeah, I had decided against head to head since I remember in "Everything About Her" in the talent portions people were like "a clip isn't enough to judge" "I haven't see any of her movies" "its in french" ect. so instead of people just defaulting to the person they know (or unrealistically expecting someone to rent a movie for a round that may only last a day) I figured it would be better for people to just make their own lists like Bellazon's hottest comp. And the only thing I'm waiting on is some input as to what number for the lists would be the most practical :) .

Meryl Streep

I would not let her be in the contest... :whistle:

BTW, the problem I find here is that I have never seen some of the ones you're nominating, and I am a huge fan of cinema...

For example, I have never seen Ashley Greene on screen, and she won my last contest. :ninja:

And the same for Leighton Meester, Blake Lively... most of the younger ones who have just done a couple of (relatively) known movies.

The 10 Oscar winners should be there...

2000 - Julia Roberts

2001 - Halle Berry

2002 - Nicole Kidman

2003 - Charlize Theron

2004 - Hilary Swank

2005 - Reese Witherspoon

2006 - Helen Mirren

2007 - Marion Cotillard

2008 - Kate Winslet

2009 - Sandra Bullock

They're probably already nominated.

And the 10 Best Supporting Actress winners...

2000 - Marcia Gay Harden

2001 - Jennifer Connelly

2002 - Catherine Zeta-Jones

2003 - Renée Zellweger

2004 - Cate Blanchett

2005 - Rachel Weisz

2006 - Jennifer Hudson

2007 - Tilda Swinton

2008 - Penélope Cruz

2009 - Mo'Nique Imes

Thanks phenie :blush: and thanks Theron, I was going to post that, do you have the nominees too :) ? How do you think I should do the points :ninja: ?

Meryl Streep

I would not let her be in the contest... :whistle:

She's only been mentioned once, so she's probably not as popular as you think :laugh: . Though now its difficult for actresses over 50 to get regular work a lot of times and most of it goes to her :laugh: .

The nominees...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academy_Award...t_Actress#2000s

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academy_Award...g_Actress#2000s

The points? I don't know, the easiest way is to vote for one or the other, or a tie. Much easier for you to count too.

Though reading the 1st message again now, I don't know if you're going to put them face to face in pairings or we have to give scores or TOP 5s, 10s, whatsoever...

Meryl Streep is a major actress, and has done some excellent work in the past few years so why shouldn't she be allowed? As for Ashley Greene, she was in quite possibly one of the biggest blockbusters in the last 5 years taking aside Avatar, the twilight series while atrocious, (in my opinion) was unbelievably popular.

In the last decade she has about 5 nominations for Academy Awards.. so to say she shouldn't be allowed is a tad bit ridiculous.