Bellazon

Lily Aldridge
Thumbnail

Rogue

4 hours ago, ceceshores said:

Excited to see her Met look too! I actually think despite her wearing RL again, it could still be a great look as it's very on theme this year. RL is one of the quintessential American fashion brands. 

The last one was too safe, all it did was to feature several pieces of high jewellery necklaces from bvlgari.

SNOW_20210913_215103_136.jpg

I hope she knocks it out of the park.

Especially it's her Tenth met.

7 hours ago, Beehive2 said:

The last one was too safe, all it did was to feature several pieces of high jewellery necklaces from bvlgari.

SNOW_20210913_215103_136.jpg

I hope she knocks it out of the park.

Especially it's her Tenth met.

Agreed, I think this is one of my least favorite Met looks of hers. Not because it's ugly (not really a fan of the color on her though), but because it was so safe and boring for such a cool theme. I expected more.

I think there's a good chance she'll nail it this year. The theme itself is very her.

SNOW_20210914_094808_446.jpg

This is probably the worst Met look of all time for Lil.

Underwhelming for what she can deliver.

She has changed stylists at least 5 times now, it's prob time to move on.

I wouldn't be shocked if she didn't get an invite next year.

She can do so much better.

First few were just 2 months back.

Lily-Aldridge-Wore-Atelier-Versace-To-The-Bvlgari-MAGNIFICA-Dinner.jpg SNOW_20210914_092154_057.jpg 00-story-lily.jpg 5cf5e5bd1d321d689784c9fd_CFDAAwards-2019-RedCarpet-MJJ_4018.jpg

Wow. Had hoped for so much more. SHE looks fabulous, but the dress seems so...plain. Is it even a dress? Almost looks like a skirt and a blouse. I love the low but/open front, and the belt is kind of cool. But you're right @Beehive2, she has done so much better on a number of red carpets, including this one. 

14 minutes ago, BAGGOT said:

Wow. Had hoped for so much more. SHE looks fabulous, but the dress seems so...plain. Is it even a dress? Almost looks like a skirt and a blouse. I love the low but/open front, and the belt is kind of cool. But you're right @Beehive2, she has done so much better on a number of red carpets, including this one. 

It's interesting that she was invited several times by Ralph Lauren.

The only time when she was invited by the Anna and the vogue team was during her first appearance in 2010 and 2019.

Meaning the vogue team would decide and pair her with a designer of their choice thus Richard Quinn in 2019.

She looked great here.

lily-aldridge-josephine-skriver-stella-maxwell-met-gala-2019-10_mh1631585048777.jpg

How is the vogue team going to shoot an invite if she brings nothing to this carpet?

It's a wasted opportunity.

I actually love the skirt part of it a lot. RL went with a "western" theme for J. Lo too so I see where they were going with that. I think it falls short with the top and her hair and makeup. Both are way too casual for the Met, even with this theme. Even if she'd gone with something like an embellished Western style/cowboy top it would have elevated the look more. The hair is something she's done a dozen times before. A braid of some kind, something with a hairpiece or big voluminous curls would have been better. The makeup is nice but again, boring for this event. She looks great but it doesn't scream Met. Then again, I thought most looks this year were disappointing. 

@Beehive2 @ceceshores: Been rethinking my initial response to the look. Still agree that it "doesn't scream Met," but I'm seeing it as more Lily in conjunction with Joan's outfit as part of a broader RL set at the gala. They were teamed in different styles, same color scheme, and meant as a unit not only as individuals. Full disclosure: you may recall that I'm a complete Lilyholic, so the more time I spend looking at any outfit (and its prep via social media), the more likely I am to see it in a more positive light, so that is all coloring how I see things. Again, agreeing re the Met, but I'm actually seeing the look more positively today than Monday night and Tuesday. (There were other outfits--other looks--that screamed Met and that I liked immensely, including especially Taylor Hill's.)

@BAGGOT

The look may be underwhelming but am surprised to see some positive feedback from the public.

The non-fashion crowd actually liked it and thought she was on theme without it being too costume.

It grew on me but what saved it was her personality and how at ease she was and the fact she genuinely loved the outfit.

I wished she gave us this pose on the carpet.