Bellazon

Lily Aldridge
Thumbnail

Rogue

I have enjoyed seeing all of Lily’s work and the chatter of this thread.

To me, she was an unsung angel (hero) while with VS. I don’t recall anything nasty said or posted about her from others. 

Seems like she’s so likable, hardly any unkind words are seen. She’s just a sweetheart! 

Ok, I saw this pic a page or two back. Generally I can tell how the pose was set up, and this one is challenging for me to figure out. Is there a support that’s been photoshopped out? 

:hi_wft:

205914EA-9FD8-4A4D-8AC5-87E6AFB11909.jpeg

19 hours ago, BAGGOT said:

Would it surprise anyone here that I have all of these pics in a Lily folder? ;) Thanks @bump. I totally agree: she is just so good in all of these categories. And we're not even outside her VS work here. Versatility is absolutely one of Lily's great strengths. Thanks for sharing these. 

I have folders too! They aren't just of one model, but my summer/beach folder has a lot of Lily's swimwear in it, and I have health/workout clothes and ideas folder that has some of her workout in them. I don't have any of her VS clothes or lingerie saved, but it was so easy to find lovely pictures of hers from that category when I googled them. 

17 hours ago, Weasel79 said:

She has a ton of really good VS pictures. I think she was fortunate to be modeling with them before everything was against a white wall. 

I agree! I understand the need for white-wall (even though I HATE them and think they're terribly boring, as @hillstreet knows lol), but when VS started producing what seemed like just white wall, that's when I started to lose interest in VS. They're doing better now though thank god, but Lily was in the last era of VS that produced consistently good pictures. She has soooo many awesome pictures from them. And she got to be in a few of the last good VSFS, in my opinion. I stopped enjoying the show in 2013, except for a random segment here or there. I loooved 200-2012, which I'm glad she was a part of. 

15 hours ago, CandleVixen said:

I have enjoyed seeing all of Lily’s work and the chatter of this thread.

To me, she was an unsung angel (hero) while with VS. I don’t recall anything nasty said or posted about her from others. 

Seems like she’s so likable, hardly any unkind words are seen. She’s just a sweetheart! 

Ok, I saw this pic a page or two back. Generally I can tell how the pose was set up, and this one is challenging for me to figure out. Is there a support that’s been photoshopped out? 

:hi_wft:

205914EA-9FD8-4A4D-8AC5-87E6AFB11909.jpeg

Sorry, for the triple posts, but I can't figure out how to combine these all in one. 

I agree that Lily was an unsung angel hero as you put it, but I do remember early on people talking about her teeth adn how she was plain and not enough of a "bombshell" to be an Angel. I think she really grew into it as she continued to work for VS. Maybe when she first started she was a little less confident and good at it, but she learned quickly. She said her husband brought out the fashion side of her and she wanted to start dressing nicer and cuter when she got with him, so maybe VS brought out the sexy and confident side of her? I don't remember anyone ever complaining about her personality or her ability to be a spokesmodel, just that her teeth turned them off and she wasn't beautiful enough. Which I obviously disagree with! 

and that is a funky pose. I never thought about something to help her hold that and then it being photoshopped out. interesting. I hope someone here has a better idea about this. 

In a couple of her YouTube vids, like the "Canceled" one, she mentions points where she had been pulled from jobs especially early on, and how that hurt her at first but also toughened her resolve to show them they were wrong. In at least one, she mentions comments about her teeth and how she sometimes had people suggest getting them "fixed." I'm so glad she kept them as she did, and her smile lights up so many of the shoots she's in. Lord knows, many supermodels have had distinctive mouths/features. What she exudes, especially in those vids, is inner confidence that's been both earned and reinforced by those around her. She comes from a family of artists and models, so surely she had examples of that strength to draw on (as well as built-in contacts that undoubtedly helped her along the way). But one doesn't get the contracts she has without quality work and lots of it, and from every one of those areas in her career, people talk about how great she is to work with. In other words, she has her head screwed on straight and also enjoys doing the work. 

The pic above looked to me like she was doing a dance move, and the photographer caught it with her leaning. I could be wrong, but that's what I had assumed. 

20 hours ago, BAGGOT said:

she mentions comments about her teeth and how she sometimes had people suggest getting them "fixed." I'm so glad she kept them as she did, and her smile lights up so many of the shoots she's in. Lord knows, many supermodels have had distinctive mouths/features. What she exudes, especially in those vids, is inner confidence that's been both earned and reinforced by those around her. 

The pic above looked to me like she was doing a dance move, and the photographer caught it with her leaning. I could be wrong, but that's what I had assumed. 

I'm so glad she didn't get them fixed as well! I think they're cute and they add character to her. She's not boring looking like some plain and bland models. Even without her gap, she woudl still be gorgeous in my eyes because I love her face shape, lips, eyes, hair...I just think her gap fits in with all of that perfectly. 

And I like the suggestion about the dance move. Maybe the phtographr was standing on something because it looks to me that they are much taller (which they could be naturally, though). It looks like it's been taking from above her, not in front of her. 

On 6/13/2020 at 8:47 PM, SmrdiCat said:

You have to develop a thick skin in an industry such as fashion. Good thing Lily did but has kept her humor, down to earth attitude, warmth and charm.

I love how down to earth and normal she is, and I love that she posts her Youtube videos so we can see more of her personality. Her videos are so funny and lighthearted and I love them! 

• 2 weeks later...

I've wondered the same thing. This is a period when they often take a little time away (Dixie's birthday, plus the 4th), but it's been four weeks or so with minimal new content on either Youtube or Instagram. 

On 7/5/2020 at 7:53 PM, SmrdiCat said:

I'm hoping that Lily will come up with more Youtube vides soon ! I'm going through a serious drought. Hope she and her family are doing alright.

Same here! I also hope to see more pictures from her. Most of the models I like are getting older and slowing down on work (Candice, Miranda, rosie, Doutzen)....I can't find any new models to really get into though so I'm kinda bored (if anyone has suggestions, please let me know!)

Lily's videos always make me smile. Maybe I'll go watch some later.