Bellazon

Music of 2011

donbot

Anyone heard the new Strokes album then?

Finally had a listen! :blush:

Initial thoughts are that it sounds a touch scattershot and rather ponderous at times. Since the album is more of a team effort than ever before, I guess that's to be expected. 'Machu Picchu', 'Gratisfaction' and of course, 'Under Cover Of Darkness' are pretty gosh darn great (if you'll pardon my French), while 'Taken For A Fool' (a Nick Valensi effort, apparently) is ridiculously catchy and just generally better than it has any right to be. Will give the rest a bit more time to sink in before passing overall judgement, though.

^:ddr:

Machu Picchu is my favourite from the album :heart:

Pretty awesome live cover of Tame Impala's Solitude is Bliss by Mark Ronson & the Business Intl.! --> [link]

(mp3 also contains interview and live performance of Somebody to Love Me, sans Boy George :ninja:. Cover starts at 12:45 if you want to skip to it)

^Randomly, the first time I heard Tame Impala was while watching one of those 'my favourite new band' interview bits with none other than - yes, Mark Ronson. So it's not too surprising to hear that he's covered one of their songs. Pretty good version though. 10057381.gif

Is there a new AIH album?

And nice rec on the Anna Calvi album M*. I haven't been listening to her as much as I should (Blame Mr Casablancas et al.) but her vocals are superb *swoon*

There are so many new albums being released at the moment I can't keep up :chicken: