Bellazon

Music of 2011

donbot

^Love it :heart:

Read this today, from the Hives frontman.. :ninja:

So it finally happened. Icarus flew too close to the sun and fell and it was ugly. Icarus in this story would be me and the sun more like a lighting rig and the flying was more like climbing. We were doing our show in Zofingen, Switzerland and during 'Walk Idiot Walk' the music was so powerful that I was convinced I could jump *AROUND* a corner and land on stage. Seems silly now but a real possibility then. The only reason I think I will get away with these things is that so far I always have. I somehow got caught by my heel in some stage rigging and fell 3 meters (roughly 9.8 feet for you non-metrics) and landed on my head and leg. I then finish the show limping like a three legged dog and speaking in tongues. Turns out I have a concussion and god knows what else. The highly skilled doctors are still trying to find out. Xrays, brain scans and running other tests.

So, I now find myself in a Swiss hospital having a crack at schweizerdeutch to communicate with my nurse whose actual first name seriously is Troll. Her job is to wake me up every hour for 24 hours by shining a flashlight in my eyes and asking me what my birthday and my name is. I am not allowed to eat or drink anything during this time. I have been thinking of escaping but I doubt I would reach and cross the French border on foot with the amount of painkillers they got me on with no passport wearing a hospital dress. To then make it to the festival and up onto the stage and pull off a fantastic show is probably beyond even me. I am slowly coming to terms with the fact that, shit, I may even be mortal. I am truly sorry for any trouble this causes anyone.

No choreographers, no safety nets, all my own stunts,

Yours truly,

Howlin Pelle Almqvist

Then followed up with..

So I am back at Hive Manor safe but not quite sound. Better by the hour though. Stiff as a board and a headache and a little trouble focusing but that's it. Thanks for all your support. Feels good.

There have been some questions and I would like to answer the most common ones. Here goes:

-Yes I will be ok

-Yes it could have been a lot worse but let's not think about that

- No I was completely sober. Almost always am during the shows.

I will be lying here in robe and slippers until I feel better and that's that!

Onwards and upwards!

Yours truly,

Howlin Pelle Almqvist

I was lucky enough to see them just last month - nothing about that news surprises me. Glad he's okay though :D