Bellazon

Music of 2011

donbot

Some Bon Iver news :drool:

New self titled album will be out mid June, although we should hear some by mid May. Opening track is inspired by my home city. In your face, everywhere else :chicken:

"We went there and it was really beautiful; we started our Australian tour there. There is a lot that goes in to the idea for that song but the way it sounds and where Perth is, I think it's the world's most isolated capital city, that just spoke to me.

So the whole record starts in Perth and Perth can be the beginning of stuff; it's like, for me, birth. It's like the chaotic aspect of being born and how messy it is, I guess.

I don't know I did feel a real spiritual connectedness, if I can use those words, to Australia. It started over for me; it was first chance I'd had to be out of the States and out of the UK and go to a place where I'd really never been before."

http://www.twentyfourbit.com/post/47778379...lf-titled-album

there's the album cover and a 51 sec clip. New Bon Iver is pretty much the best news I could ever hear.

On a sadder note, Gerald Smith the bassist for TV on the Radio died yesterday of cancer :( Check out their new album Nine Types of Light though. It's good

On a sadder note, Gerald Smith the bassist for TV on the Radio died yesterday of cancer :( Check out their new album Nine Types of Light though. It's good

Oh man, that's very sad to hear. :no:

When I got into 'Dear Science' I kicked myself for not giving TVotR a shot sooner. Here's the song that really caught my attention...

Apparently, it'll include a song from Alex Turner's solo record as well! :bounce:

The anticipation is killing me all the more for reading about that. The solo EP Alex recorded for the recent movie 'Submarine' was criminally underrated. :(

Agreed. Great little EP.

While we're on the subject of concert streams (and since I can't stand to let a page of this thread to go by without mentioning her), there's an entire Anna Calvi live set available here for three months. :drool:

While we're on the subject of concert streams (and since I can't stand to let a page of this thread to go by without mentioning her), there's an entire Anna Calvi live set available here for three months. :drool: