Bellazon

Alina Puscau
Thumbnail

supermodel07

Alina Puscau

0115sp.jpg

Alina was born and raised in Bucharest, Romania, along side one sister and one brother. Her mother, a carpet weaver. Her father, an electrician. As a young girl she had always dreamed of becoming a model.

Her realization of that dream came at 17, when she became the winner of Elite Model Look in 1998.

She recalls her first modeling job fondly, shooting for Italian Vogue Homme. Since then, Alina has worked with many of the industries most renown photographers, including Bruce Weber, Patrick Demarchelier, Gilles Bensimon, Walter Chin, Antoine Verglas, Russell James and Marc Baptiste. She has appeared in top fashion magazines such as Vogue, Harper's Bazaar, Cosmopolitan and Glamour. Look for her next on the cover and inside pages of German GQ, photographed by Gavin Bond.

Alina has worked with Ralph Lauren, in print and on the runway, starred in an advertising campaign for Arden B., and appeared in Victoria's Secret 2003 Television Swimsuit Issue Special.

Aside to modeling, acting is another talent that Alina is cultivating. She was last seen featured in the independent film, Shallom Hall, and is researching her next role.

Although she loves to travel the world, Alina's favorite cities are Paris, St. Barts and New York City, where she currently resides.

In addition to being fluent in English and Romanian, Alina also speaks Italian. Her other passions include dancing, biking, film, museums, concerts and going to the Opera.

credit:IMG models website

Edited by supermodel07

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I think so. Supposedly, this article was taken from "The Telegraph", a British newspaper:

The Director - Brett Ratner

Brett Ratner: 'On an average day I get about 50 phone calls'

Brett Ratner, 36, is the director of a string of box-office hits, including the $500-million-grossing 'Rush Hour' movies and 'Red Dragon', and is currently making 'X-Men: The Last Stand'. He lives in Hillhaven Lodge, a mansion in Beverly Hills formerly owned by Ingrid Bergman

8am I'm incredibly busy at the moment, so I get up early despite having had a bunch of people - Paul Allen, Quincy Jones, Salma Hayek - over for dinner last night. My housekeeper prepares my breakfast and, while I eat, my assistant, Mike, goes through my call sheet - all the people I have to call today and all the people who've called me. On an average day I receive about 50 phone calls. Normally there are about ten things happening simultaneously.

9am I get into my Bentley and drive to Fox Studios, where I'm currently editing X-Men. The movie stars Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, Halle Berry and Kelsey Grammer and is going to be awesome. Editing is done on state-of-the-art digital equipment in three different bungalows, and I move constantly between them.

11am Conference call with Tamara Mellon of Jimmy Choo. I'm a photographer as well as a movie director and shot the company's latest ad campaign, starring Nicole Richie.

We brainstorm ideas for the next campaign - what the parameters will be, the type of shoes Tamara wants to feature and so on.

1pm Lunch at Mr Chow on Camden Drive with Roger Birnbaum, who is producing the next Rush Hour movie. I'm friends with Mr Chow and normally go there for dinner - when it's more of a scene - but it's nice for lunch as well. While I'm there I catch up with Oliver Stone, who's sitting two tables down from us. He's made a documentary on Fidel Castro that hasn't been released yet. I'm dying to see it - I love documentaries - and he says he'll send me a copy. Courtney Love, who's a good friend of mine, is also there. She's sitting at the table next to me with Mike De Luca, the former head of New Line and DreamWorks.

3pm Back at Fox, I watch the new trailer for the film with the president of marketing. Take a call from June Newton, with whom I'm making a documentary about her late husband, Helmut.

5pm Drive home to shower and change for American Cosmopolitan magazine's Fun Fearless Male awards. I'm one of 12 men being honoured, including Pharrell Williams and Matt Dillon. Take delivery of two sets of china - Herend Chinese Bouquet and Royal Copenhagen - which I bought at Gearys in Beverly Hills, and a set of vintage silverware. They are recommendations from Mr Chow's wife. She has exquisite taste.

6.30pm Take a limo to the Cosmo party with my grandparents (who live in my guest house) and my girlfriend, the model Alina Puscau. The party is fun. I catch up with Matt Dillon. We were friendly at NYU film school, but I haven't seen him for a long, long time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...