Bellazon

The Da Vinci Code Talk...

Neo52285

the meaning of the book?

quite difficult, as there are a thousand meanings in there.

for myself, this book wants to promote the worship of the godess in general. The holy grail being Mary, which is not a new theory among the grail-scientist, is quite provocative against the institution of the catholic church (in Europe). I really do think that its the female which should be worshipped, as they bring life. For sure, men have to play a certain part, but no life without the female body.

I think the cathloic church has surpressed the female whenever they could. just remember the witch burning procedures all across Europe. In addition to that, why did they broadcast that Mary was a whore, which is historically wrong. As Brown had perfectly researched.

to come to the point, for me the books means to remember that its the females we should worship. especiallly Gisele and Marisa

cya

Neb

there are many books that fluttered to the service after the da vinci code came out. all about the pagan's talking about how they were around before the time of christ and all that stuff. personally i think my dad went on a quest to disprove the bible. i think he came pretty close too. :laugh: :laugh:

Guest quasicartes

anyway, read this book? it's about some disgruntled soreheads (most probably a sect of The Vatican) trying their darndest to disgrace Dan Brown, by exposing how most of the facts he presented in The Da Vinci Code is hogwash. Looks to me kinda like "Michael Moore is a stupid white men" sort of dismissing-conspiracy-theorist-as-nutters book.

anyway, read this book? it's about some disgruntled soreheads (most probably a sect of The Vatican) trying their darndest to disgrace Dan Brown, by exposing how most of the facts he presented in The Da Vinci Code is hogwash. Looks to me kinda like "Michael Moore is a stupid white men" sort of dismissing-conspiracy-theorist-as-nutters book.

Which book is that?

Guest quasicartes

sorry, i forgot the title.

i don't want to spend my time and money reading some crap. mike moore has some of facts twisted in 'bowling for columbine' and 'stupid white men' and 'farenheit 9/11''. so what? 'stupid white men' still sells better than 'michael moore is astupid white man''.

so, i guess the same reasoning should apply for me. as this book doesnt make it to the bestseller list, i shall not read it or recommend it to others.

Guest quasicartes

Today I went to the nearest bookstore and saw The Da Vinci Codex. :mad: :no: Written by a woman whose name I don't remember, published by a stupid small-timer publishing company Hamilyn. This book is a Da Vinci Code wannabe! Dan Brown should sue her! It contains a story which is even somewhat similar, a symbol proffesor got entangled in a mystery involving a murder and his/her life is at stake, so he/ she must figure out the stupid da vinci codes. It appalls me that soem people would go to such lengths to make money that they are becoming A Dan Brown wannabe!

the da vinci codex, is really terrible, it even have the virturian man on the cover.

Plus, in the beginning, the author says that half of the stuff in the book is facts.

dunno whay this book wasn't iin amazon.com

anyway, a search through amazon.com also reveals the many, many books that debunked the facts in the da vinci code. Sadly, most of them are written with bias, by catholic authors. There is though one book in that supports the Davinci Code. It entertains the possibillity that Jesus bloodline is still alive today.

Guest quasicartes

Holy cow! How wrong was I!

On further inspection in a bigger bookshop today,

I found at least 3 books that have similar story lines (funny ancient codes, powerful secrets, and an ancient brotherhood that exists to guard a secret or portect someone.)

The title of the book that I had mentioned was not Da Vinci Codex, but

The Da Vinci Legacy. This is an old book, first published in 1983.

The author of this book had earlier written bestseller Daughter Of God.

This is about a girl who passes down God's teaching. This girl, therefore, has the power to crumble Western beliefs.

The Messiah Code was first published in 1998, it tells the story of religious conpiracy stuff and an ancient brotherhood too.

The thrid book, of which the title I can't remember was published in the 1990's and tell the story about codes in Kabbalah... (same old, same old, religious conspiracy theories )

Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code was first published in 2003. Thus, clearly showing that he, in fact, is the real copycat! So, the religious conspiracy theories in fictional bestsellers is as original as spy movies spin-offs like James Bond, Austin Powers, Johnny English, etc....