Bellazon

Free Virus Scanners?, Please Help!

Hi everyone! I have a problem. My subscription to Norton Antivirus ran out recently (which is fine by me because that stupid thing never even worked very well ) and I have been DELUGED by bad viruses lately that have been sending out spam from my hotmail account.

I tried using the free version of BitDefender Virus Scan, as well, but although it claims to delete viruses, I always find 8-28 viruses everytime I use it. I'm not sure if it's actually deleting them or what.

Is there any good unpaid virus scan programs out there that I could use? If necessary, are there any good paid ones. Pleae, I'm desperate for help!

(I already use AdAware and Spybot, btw.)

Thanks,

• 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

During installation, the rogue will be configured to start automatically when Windows loads. Once Antivirus Scan is started, it will imitate a system scan and detect a lot of various infections that will not be fixed unless you first purchase the program. Important to know, all of these reported infections are fake and don’t actually exist on your computer! So you can safely ignore the scan results that Antivirus Scan gives you.

While Antivirus Scan is running, it will flood your computer with warnings and fake security alerts. Some of the alerts:

Windows Security alert

Windows reports that computer is infected. Antivirus software

helps to protect your computer against viruses and other

security threats. Click here for the scan your computer. Your

system might be at risk now.

thanks

Avast.com download the free shit only. i went from having a virus per week to being clean for over a year!!

and you should think about using a different web browser.internet explorer is one of the main reasons people get invaded.

added bonus, you never have to see all the annoying pop ups and pics frrom every page u visit. :yes:

i use firefox, its god tier, and free as well

^ Firefox and Opera are better web browsers. :D If you download AVG it will install a tool bar in your web browser, which will have little green ticks next to sites that they have checked and are safe to use. If it has a red X or yellow ! Next to the website listed in goggle search then those sites most likely have viruses. :/

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a firm believer in Avast. I had AVG for a long time, but it takes up way more cpu and memory while it runs, and I just didn't like it in general. I would also download the Windows Malicious Software Removal tool from microsoft's website.