Bellazon

Waxing, shaving, plucking

Lolita

you should wax during or just before your period because your nerves are extra sensitive :yes: I learned it in elle magazine

and it's a misconception that shaving makes ur hair grow in thicker... it's just because you are shaving it off until the root and that is where the strand of hair is the thickest so when it grows out - you see the blunt end of what started at the root. waxing is still better

• 5 months later...
you should wax during or just before your period because your nerves are extra sensitive :yes: I learned it in elle magazine

and it's a misconception that shaving makes ur hair grow in thicker... it's just because you are shaving it off until the root and that is where the strand of hair is the thickest so when it grows out - you see the blunt end of what started at the root. waxing is still better

I thought it's better after the periods :o

a cousin of mine told me yesterday that she used laser and about a month ago finished the treatment and everything is ok...no hair :p

but I hear a lot saying that it's not completely sure that it doesn't grow anymore...but in my opinion these are the ones that never tried it :p

anyway going to try waxing down there...hope it doesn't hope as they say :pinch:

a cousin of mine told me yesterday that she used laser and about a month ago finished the treatment and everything is ok...no hair :p

but I hear a lot saying that it's not completely sure that it doesn't grow anymore...but in my opinion these are the ones that never tried it :p

anyway going to try waxing down there...hope it doesn't hope as they say :pinch:

I'm going to try it after I go to greece :p I don't want to get a irritation when I'm wearing bikinis!I'm just a little ashamed :blush:

anyone any recommendations if I should drink any pills before? :unsure:

if it just wasn't so pricey :pinch:

does your cousin truly recommends laser? I mean, does she think it's worth all these money and time....

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I was waxing yesterday :p I had a brazilian wax and I waxed my arms...It was the second time that I had a brazilian wax and I'll never do anything other :p I could see that hairs were growing thinner and were more easily removed :p I'll never do anything else, cause it's totally worth it :cain:

does your cousin truly recommends laser? I mean, does she think it's worth all these money and time....

Layla .. sorry to butt into this.. but whether is grows back or not depends on the person unfortunately. And if it takes a long time and many sessions .. that also depends on how much hair is involved so it can be pricey.. I know someone who does it for $25 a session so a few sessions won't cost much but if you remove all your hair on your body like this guy I know .. it can cost $1000. He had to do a few touch ups a year later but most of the hair didn't grow back. And it seems to have been in the stimulated areas that it did grow back.. like under the waist line or where the socks rubbed.

i would say, in the end it is worth the cost if you can afford it .. you do realize you will pay more than this for all of the beauty products to keep the hair under control anyway... its just not in one lump sum.

And from my experience, it kind of feels like a sunburn for about a day so the pain is not that bad either.

Layla .. sorry to butt into this.. but whether is grows back or not depends on the person unfortunately. And if it takes a long time and many sessions .. that also depends on how much hair is involved so it can be pricey.. I know someone who does it for $25 a session so a few sessions won't cost much but if you remove all your hair on your body like this guy I know .. it can cost $1000. He had to do a few touch ups a year later but most of the hair didn't grow back. And it seems to have been in the stimulated areas that it did grow back.. like under the waist line or where the socks rubbed.

i would say, in the end it is worth the cost if you can afford it .. you do realize you will pay more than this for all of the beauty products to keep the hair under control anyway... its just not in one lump sum.

And from my experience, it kind of feels like a sunburn for about a day so the pain is not that bad either.

:flower:

Yeah, now i remember that some time later I read that it all depends on hair's colour and thickness/thinness :p

I also read somewhere that laser didn't work for blondes :pinch:

here's the link: http://beauty.about.com/od/hairremoval/a/hair_removal.htm

and here's the cut about what I meant:

Laser hair removal isn't for everyone. Lasers work best on dark hair, light skin because the laser targets melanin which is found in dark hair. There are some lasers that now successfully remove blonde hairs, but from what I've read, they've not yet perfected them.

I'm not sure if I remember right layla, but you're blonde right? :unsure: :p

I was waxing yesterday :p I had a brazilian wax and I waxed my arms...It was the second time that I had a brazilian wax and I'll never do anything other :p I could see that hairs were growing thinner and were more easily removed :p I'll never do anything else, cause it's totally worth it :cain:

you waxed down there? :blink: YOU!? :nicole: :p :nicole: :rofl::nicole::rofl:

OUCH :pinch: