Bellazon

Doctor Who

Michael*

• 2 weeks later...

Matt Smith to return for more Doctor Who

Matt Smith, the youngest actor to tackle the role of Doctor Who, has signed on for another run as the iconic TV time-traveller.

The British Broadcasting Corporation revealed Tuesday night that it has commissioned 14 new episodes of the long-running sci-fi series, with Smith to continue as the 11th Doctor.

Executive producer Steven Moffat will return to write the new slate. He posted a cheeky confirmation via Twitter, saying "14 episodes and I've got a plan and I'm not telling you what it is."

The current edition of the series, which was split into two parts in the U.K., will continue its run with six more episodes airing this fall and concluding with a 2011 Christmas special. The BBC did not announce a premiere date for the new installments.

The renewal will keep the 28-year-old Smith filming the prominent role through 2012.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

:chicken: I'm SO excited!

I wish they'd bring Martha Jones back! She had 11 would be stellar together!

I'd like that too. :)

I fear Pond may be going the way of Martha these days. Her role seems somewhat unclear at this point and although I'm hoping it'll be business as usual after the Christmas special, I wouldn't be surprised if she and Rory only returned on occasion, like when Freema came back in S4. :/

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So, anyone seen 'Asylum of the Daleks' yet? :)

I thought it was as strong and as tight an opening episode as we really could have hoped for. Much like the 'The Impossible Astronaut', the first 15 minutes were rather slow, but the following 25 or so went by in an instant and it was more or less free of the kind of bewildering open-endedness that 'TIA' and 'Day of the Moon' had. I really liked the Dalek Parliament too, it was vast in scale and for the first time, I saw them as an actual race rather than a small group of blokes hiding underneath wobbly trolleys on wheels. Pretty cool.

Didn't see the neat twist coming at the end either. I can only assume now that come Christmas, the Doctor circumvents Oswin's timeline (not a euphemism ;)) and prevents her from becoming a dalek.

P.S. For those who might have missed it, the mini-adventure prequel to 'AOTD'...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Good to see it back on our screens on Saturday, but was a little disappointed with the first episode, also thought that the writers could have come up with a better storyline for the Doctor to meet Clara.

It was a nice enough adventure that did a good job of showcasing the chemistry between the two leads, but it did seem to end on a bit of a 'hmmm...' kind of moment. I was expecting a lot more exploration of who Clara is. Still, I'm sure there's more to come. Let's see how it goes tonight. :)