Bellazon

House, MD

Neo52285

250pxhousecast8av.jpg

House, M.D. (commonly promoted as just House) is an American television series aired by the Fox Broadcasting Company. The series is a co-production of Heel and Toe Films, Shore Z Productions, and Bad Hat Harry Productions in association with the NBC Universal Television Studio for the Fox Broadcasting Company.

Heel & Toe Films is the production company of Paul Attanasio and Katie Jacobs. Bad Hat Harry Productions is Bryan Singer's company. And Shore Z Productions is David Shore's company. All three companies are responsible for the production of House, M.D. All four people are Executive Producers of the show.

As of TB or Not TB - Season 2 Episode 4, a German production company, MORATIM, is credited in the Copyright notice instead of Universal Network Television. (MORATIM Produktions GmbH & Co. KG - of Pullach im Isartal, Germany) A deal with MORATIM Produktions, which is to receive 25 million Euros from a leasing company in Germany, means that they will produce television series for Universal.

Overview

The hour-long medical drama debuted in the fall of 2004 and stars Emmy-nominated British actor Hugh Laurie. Laurie plays Dr. Gregory House, a maverick medical genius who heads a team of young diagnosticians at the fictional Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital. Despite his abrasive personality, the members of his team remain steadfast in their loyalty, going to extraordinary lengths to accomplish a common task: diagnosing and treating unusual ailments. As either a running joke or a coincidence, vasculitis is considered and soon dismissed as a cause at least once in almost every episode. Most episodes start outside the hospital, showing the events that will imminently lead to the onset of the week's patient's illness.

A recurring subplot on the show is Dr. House's begrudging fulfillment of his mandatory clinic duty, confounding patients with an eccentric bedside manner and often unorthodox treatments, but impressing them with rapid and accurate diagnoses after seemingly not paying attention. Often some of the rather simple problems House faces in the clinic helps him solve the main case of the show. In one episode, House diagnosed an entire waiting room full of patients on his way out of the clinic.

Main Characters

Dr. Gregory House (Hugh Laurie)

Psh, I was angry at Tonight's episode. What the heck was up with Dr. Cameron? So just because there's a slight chance you might have been infected with HIV you go and get high on meth and sleep with someone? *Blinks* Sorry. Real weird character twist for her and I didn't find it fitting for her character at all. She's this smart, pretty girl and she does soemthing just because an HIV victim says it's great? <_<

I did like House's cane hitting tho. :laugh:

Dr. House is the funniest....remember the episode he got a steak and covered it with lettuce and said im only eating a salad at the cashier :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: Yeah. I think he'd be a good BF for me. :whistle: :laugh:

Hugh is a great actor. I think it's hysterical he's English. You'd never know from watching that show.

i know, when i found out he's English i was like no way, his american accent is great!

No kidding. I ran to my mom and wa slike "Hey mom, you know, House? He's English" and she wa slike "No, he isn't, you idiot" She didn't believe me until she saw him on the Emmy's, presenting.

i know, when i found out he's English i was like no way, his american accent is great!

"No, he isn't, you idiot"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

isnt your mom nice :p

Nicest lady alive ;) It's a pretty common thing in our family to call eachother idiots or morons. I think it's a reason my mom and I like House so much. :laugh:

True that. Guess they take voice lessons, though. Can you believe that Dominic West(Det. Jimmy McNulty on "The Wire) and Idris Elba(Russel "Stringer" Bell on "The Wire) are also English? They also got the american accent down pact. So does Rachel Griffiths(Brenda Chenowith of "Six Feet Under). She's Australian.