Bellazon

Heidi Klum

Guest MissIsabella

Heidi Klum discusses the paparazzi

http://celebritybabyscoop.com/2010/07/15/heidi-klum

Hosted by supermodel Heidi Klum, the popular reality series Project Runway is set to hit the small screen on Thursday, July 29. With two Primetime Emmy nominations under their belt - including Outstanding Host for the model mom-of-four - Project Runway kicks off its eighth season with guest judge Selma Blair, 17 contestants and 90 minutes of fabulous fashion mayhem.

During a conference call with Celebrity Baby Scoop, the 37-year-old German beauty gave us a glimpse inside the upcoming season of Project Runway including a "very flamboyant" competitor and a female participant who "doesn't stop talking." The model mom also opened up about her kids - Leni, 6, Henry, 4 1/2, Johan, 3 1/2, and Lou, 9 months - and the not-so-comfortable "stink eye" she gets from other moms at the playground when the paparazzi are present.

Do the paparazzi drive you nuts?

HK: "I wouldn't say they drive me nuts all the time. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. It always depends on the day and where we are and what we're doing. It definitely is a little bit not-so-convenient when you're just doing normal things.

I understand the purpose of them when you go to an event and you're on the red carpet. The press is there to document and show people what you're doing. But I think that when you're out with your family.... you're at the park, and then you get all the stink eye from all the other moms! I just think 'Really why is this happening? Why are all these people here and taking photos of our children which is really putting us in an inconvenience?!'

The other moms always give me the stink eye, and then I feel bad. So half of the time I will just leave and go somewhere else. You don't feel too good about those moments when you get stink eye from all the other moms. And the thing is, we don't understand half of the time what is so interesting about the same photos of us at the park. My children are just like other children too and they love going to the park."

What do you tell your kids about the paparazzi?

HK: "It's hard to explain! Thank goodness they haven't asked that much about it yet. I haven't been in the situation yet where I have to explain. They look and they see people taking photos, but they don't really ask too much about it. They're still little and I hopefully still have a little bit more time to figure out exactly how to explain to them."

Are your older kids into fashion? Do they have a strong opinion about what they wear?

HK: "Some do and some don't. Johan doesn't care so much about what he's wearing. Henry is definitely very opinionated about what he wears. He changes clothes all the time. He loves costumes and he is very particular, even with his pajamas. They have to be all the way down - if they're bunched up, he hates that. He's very, very particular about his clothes.

And Leni loves dresses and being a girlie girl. She hasn't really gone beyond pink. She actually came to the runway one day and she looked at the fashion show. She wasn't too impressed because it wasn't girlie enough. It was too sophisticated, maybe, and there wasn't enough pink in the clothes so she didn't love it so much."

How do you manage your busy career and family?

HK: "Yes I go to work, but I also have my down time. I really enjoy being in the city and we do so many fun things here, like going to the theater. Yesterday we went to Blue Man Group. We went to Marry Poppins, to the ballet, to the water park, to the splish splash park that is outside of Manhattan. We go to the Statue of Liberty. There's so many fun things that you can do here. If I were working everyday, that would be hard. So I'm fortunate that I can still do lots of fun things with the family. But all those things need to be planned - I've just learned to be a good planner, I guess."

Why has the show expanded to a 90-minute format?

HK: "I think people wanted to see more. We got a lot of letters. People would always say to us, 'Why did you make this decision? We don't understand why this person had to go or this person.' Heidi adds, "For example, today we have an Elimination Day. It's going to go on four or five hours. On the show it only has 10-15 minutes. So if there is a very special decision day, when the judges might not agree with one another or something really happens, now we have the freedom to show certain things much longer than we ever could before."

On guest judge Selma Blair.

HK: "She is definitely considered someone who is a beautiful woman, a style icon. She was a great judge. I didn't know how funny she was. I only know her from movies, but when she was sitting there, she was hilarious."

Who would be your dream guest judge on Project Runway?

HK: "I've said it before, but our First Lady would be amazing to have as a guest judge. That would be my No. 1 dream come true is if Michelle Obama was a guest judge. I think she's super hip and cool and super fashionable and I think she would be absolutely amazing to have."

--

Project Runway premieres on Thursday, July 29 at ET/PT on Lifetime.

"I was always different"

http://www.bettyconfidential.com/ar/ld/a/h...-different.html

Heidi Klum fans, get your sewing kits out and some fresh new fabrics because Project Runway is coming back to Lifetime July 29th with its eighth season. And this time around there will be more kooky couture competitions than ever before.

As a judge on the show, Heidi is used to putting the contestants through some seriously difficult challenges. But what obstacles has the 37-year-old knockout faced in her own life? We found out!

“I went swimming with sharks in a cage," Heidi tells BettyConfidential. “It was for a Discovery Channel segment, and I’m not the best swimmer. I’m also not a fan of sharks.”

However, Heidi put her fear aside and took the plunge. “I learned to scuba dive a few days before. I remember being surrounded by fish guts and I kept seeing fins dipping in and out of the water around the boat. I don’t know why but I jumped in with the camera crew. After I got out and took off my mask, they had to re-film me almost 10 times because I was freaking out and cursing!”

Heidi wasn’t always a brave shark-diving woman of power. In fact, when she was a child she often felt insecure about her propensity to play dress-up. A surprisingly commonplace emotion for the Amazonian glamour goddess the public sees her as today. “People in my school, my teachers, even my friends looked at me funny. I was always different because of how I dressed in such an otherwise casual school.”

Instead of hiding from the differences between Heidi and her demurely dressed classmates, she embraced her burgeoning desire to be creative with clothes. “I was always into fashion," she tells us. “I started with taking sewing classes in school. If I hadn’t started modeling I would have gone to design school. I even made clothes for my Barbies with my mom. I was always a bit out there.”

She calls it “out there.” We call it a creative calling.

These days Heidi has no reason for insecurity, or time. She is a working mother of four who always looks stunning for her husband, Seal. How does she do it? “You must be organized and narrow things down,” she says. "Start with your closet and get rid of everything that doesn’t work or that’s too 'mumsy' or slouchy. Get rid of everything frumpy and keep only things that always work so you don’t have to take so much time.”

Time is certainly of the essence when it comes to the upcoming season of Project Runway. Contestants are under the gun to produce premium fashion pieces in what feels like nanoseconds. In addition to creating the garments, Heidi admits she’s judging their own personal styles as well. “I like to see what they’re wearing on top of what they’re designing,” she says. "Some of them dress over-the-top. I always get a chuckle out of this one contestant. The group is opinionated and strong as a whole.” Sounds like the cast is just like their lovely hostess.

Is there anything this brazen supermodel/stylista won’t do?

“I would never jump out of an airplane,” she says.

We won’t hold that against the lovely Heidi Klum. After all, she’s a killer couture shark.

ez_c Yes, I can. You need literal translation, or can be estimated, and in your own words?

I haven't been in here in sometime. But, Thanks to everyone for the hard work. Especially ex_c, MjAtura, Sanja, and the many others that I've missed. I am pretty sure that ex_c would you like a translation. One closer to what she is saying is best whatever you can do is best.

The summer has flown by for Heidi Klum, who has been busy taping Project Runway and "auf'ing" designers. The reality competition's eighth season premieres Thursday on Lifetime (9 p.m. ET/PT). USA TODAY's Cindy Clark catches up with the German stunner, 37, on the show, style and family fun.

Q: Can you believe it's already Season 8?

A: It goes by so fast. It's been great. When we first start (each season) and we have 16 designers sitting there, I'm always like, 'Here we go again!' But you get to know them (the designers), and then it really flies by

Q: What can we expect from this crop of talent?

A: A different mixture of people. There are a few people that sometimes I'm more interested in what they're wearing than what they're designing!

Q: Any changes to the show this season?

A: The show is going to be 90 minutes long, so people get 30 more minutes of what they already love. We kind of base the 90 minutes on the story that is naturally happening. ... We are a reality show and we tell the stories that just happen — we don't give them lines. Now we have that time to tell more stories about the designers, or when something goes wrong, we can show it. Before, I don't think people always understood why someone was let go. Now it is more clear on why we judge and how we judge. And you'll get to hear more from Tim (Gunn).

Q: Can you share some of your own tips for a fashionable summer?

A: Go with a lot of jewelry — big necklaces and cuffs. You can also wear dresses with boots. I think you have to do the sweet and hard mix together. ... If I wear a really sweet dress, I wear a studded boot to do a little yin and yang. Mix and match prints. Things you normally think are wrong together, you should try to put together. If you look at haute couture, they do it all the time.

Q: Do you have vacation plans?

A: We always go to Mexico in May to get remarried, a short family trip. They (kids Leni, 6, Henry, 4, Johan, 3, and Lou, 9 months) are like, 'Yeah, we're going to Mexico because Mommy and Daddy are getting married again!' They get to see the same people and go to the same beach, and they love it. Usually in August, we go away for two or three weeks together. We usually go visit Grandma and Grandpa in Germany. And usually my husband (singer Seal) and I run off together. ... We need time alone, too!

Q: How do you get your children ready for a trip?

A: They get excited, but they don't really understand time. I make a calendar for them and they cross off days every day. Then we get them special toys, and they know these toys, they are especially for the holiday.

Q: What have your kids been up to while you've been filming PR in New York?

A: We take advantage of everything the city has to offer. Tomorrow we go to Blue Man Group, we went to the Statue of Liberty and rode the tour bus around the city, we went to the ballet. We do a full-on sightseeing program. When I'm not filming, we do all of these different activities. When I'm filming, they go to camp. Sometimes we sneak out, and I meet with all of my friends who have children, too. Last weekend, I was with two of my friends, and they brought their babies.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/2010-0...klum28_ST_N.htm