Bellazon

Heidi Klum

Guest MissIsabella

Six Seconds With: Heidi Klum

The supermodel shares her thoughts on Mickey D's and sex clubs.

By Amy Levin-Epstein

Watching Heidi Klum effortlessly glide between Project Runway, Victoria's Secret catwalks and her full-time job as a mom, one might think she's a supermodel superhero. Well, she does play a caped crusader in a video airing tomorrow on Modelinia.com, a Web site about models. The short film "is about me saving Fashion Week. We filmed at the Michael Kors show [last Fashion Week]," says Heidi, who first moved to NYC in 1993 but recently sold her West Village pad because "I outgrew it." She'll return to film Project Runway in June and will be renting a—presumably larger—home for herself and hubby Seal and their kids (daughter Leni, 4, and sons Henry, 3, and Johan, 2). Keeping Fashion Week safe and stimulating the real estate market? Sounds pretty super to us.

What is your dream NYC address? I would go back to the West Village. I love the stoops of the brownstones and the cobblestones—even though they're a pain if you're sitting in the back of the car—and the cute little boutiques mixed in with big-name stores.

What's been your craziest night out in NYC? When I first came to New York there was this place called the Vault. It was weird…like a sex bar.

I went with [producer] Desiree Gruber and [model] Frederique Van der Wal. There were people dancing in cages. I was fresh off the boat from Germany and it was quite an experience.

If you were mayor of NYC, what would you do? I would start a program for homeless people, especially the mole people [who live] underneath the subway stations. People should watch the documentary Dark Days—you get an insight into how happy they are to have someone helping them.

If you could have a dish named after you at an NYC restaurant, what would it be? It would be at McDonald's in Union Square and I would call it the McKluminator. It would come with extra special supermodel sauce! When I first came to New York, my modeling agency was [in Union Square] and I used to go to that McDonald's.

http://www.nypost.com/pagesixmag/issues/20...onds+Heidi+Klum

Style Showdown: Heidi Klum vs. Gisele Bundchen

The former Victoria's Secret Angels face off when they're wearing more than just their undies.

by Kate Napleton, Jul 28, 2009

The wait is almost over. Project Runway makes its debut on Lifetime Aug. 20, along with Heidi Klum and her unique ability to wear cute clothes while extremely pregnant. But step aside, Heidi, because it appears that Gisele Bundchen may have a bun in the oven. Which supermodel will take the prize as the best-dressed former Victoria's Secret Angel? I submit the competition below.

RED CARPET

Heidi is a true fashion lover. She can wear intricate, original, and sometimes downright weird couture gowns and look like a million bucks. Heck, the woman is pregnant with her fourth child and she looks better than most women ever could in a silver, shiny Michael Kors. Gisele, on the other hand, seems like her heart is not in fashion. Sometimes I wonder if she uses a stylist because her dresses often seem ill-fitting for her gorgeous frame.

Heidi: 1

Gisele: 0

CASUAL

Heidi's casual look is defined by jeans, comfortable T-shirts and tunics, and big sunglasses. Though she sometimes throws in a fun scarf or her own jewelry, her casual style can be a little bit predictable. Maybe it's Gisele's Brazilian background, but she certainly knows how to mix it up. She effortlessly mixes pattern, knits and different colors of denim. Moreover, she has mastered the art of looking cute in a baseball cap.

Gisele: 1

HAIR

Elle magazine took a poll of American stylists who named the best of the best in a variety of categories. More than 50 percent voted Gisele as having the best hair in Hollywood. An endorsement like that from professionals is very impressive, but Gisele's subtly honey highlights and her seemingly always "just beached" waves are incredible. Heidi has been working her blonde bombshell look for years, though I love the clean, shoulder length look she's rocked the past few years.

Gisele: 2

MAKEUP

Heidi runs the gamut with her taste in makeup. For instance, when she's playing with her kids, she's not wearing any, which we love about her. For the red carpet and for Project Runway, she takes risks. The makeup is always dewy, with either a bold lip or a simple gloss. Gisele's makeup has always been very straightforward, though we love that she shows her freckles.

Heidi: 2

The results are in ... and it's a tie! Both supermodels have awesome style and I think they should get the kids together for a play date sometime next year and discuss their favorite designers.

29225533-29225537-large.jpg

Style Showdown: Heidi Klum vs. Gisele Bundchen

The former Victoria's Secret Angels face off when they're wearing more than just their undies.

by Kate Napleton, Jul 28, 2009

The wait is almost over. Project Runway makes its debut on Lifetime Aug. 20, along with Heidi Klum and her unique ability to wear cute clothes while extremely pregnant. But step aside, Heidi, because it appears that Gisele Bundchen may have a bun in the oven. Which supermodel will take the prize as the best-dressed former Victoria's Secret Angel? I submit the competition below.

RED CARPET

Heidi is a true fashion lover. She can wear intricate, original, and sometimes downright weird couture gowns and look like a million bucks. Heck, the woman is pregnant with her fourth child and she looks better than most women ever could in a silver, shiny Michael Kors. Gisele, on the other hand, seems like her heart is not in fashion. Sometimes I wonder if she uses a stylist because her dresses often seem ill-fitting for her gorgeous frame.

Gisele: 0

CASUAL

Heidi's casual look is defined by jeans, comfortable T-shirts and tunics, and big sunglasses. Though she sometimes throws in a fun scarf or her own jewelry, her casual style can be a little bit predictable. Maybe it's Gisele's Brazilian background, but she certainly knows how to mix it up. She effortlessly mixes pattern, knits and different colors of denim. Moreover, she has mastered the art of looking cute in a baseball cap.

Gisele: 1

HAIR

Elle magazine took a poll of American stylists who named the best of the best in a variety of categories. More than 50 percent voted Gisele as having the best hair in Hollywood. An endorsement like that from professionals is very impressive, but Gisele's subtly honey highlights and her seemingly always "just beached" waves are incredible. Heidi has been working her blonde bombshell look for years, though I love the clean, shoulder length look she's rocked the past few years.

MAKEUP

Heidi runs the gamut with her taste in makeup. For instance, when she's playing with her kids, she's not wearing any, which we love about her. For the red carpet and for Project Runway, she takes risks. The makeup is always dewy, with either a bold lip or a simple gloss. Gisele's makeup has always been very straightforward, though we love that she shows her freckles.

Heidi: 2

The results are in ... and it's a tie! Both supermodels have awesome style and I think they should get the kids together for a play date sometime next year and discuss their favorite designers.

post-30396-0-1446063113-66879_thumb.jpg

Heidi Klum shares post-pregnancy shape-up tips

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/articl...Old31QD99S7R180

When Heidi Klum famously walked the runway in lingerie for Victoria's Secret less than two months after giving birth to son Henry, she became the envy of moms everywhere still struggling to lose post-baby pounds.

But the 36-year-old supermodel insists there's no trick to it.

"I've never really had any special girdle machines or anything like that," she said. "For me, it's, you know, really healthy foods, exercising, playing with the children, going to the park. Normal things."

No crazy strict diets, either.

"I've never done diets," she said. "But I also do not sit on the couch with my feet up and eat one potato chip bag after the next and one burger after the other. I think you have to kind of do a little bit of everything."

It's easier to drop post-pregnancy weight it you make getting a shape a priority after giving birth, she said.

"I never really put a lot of pressure on myself, but for me personally, I feel like it is always better to get into shape immediately. I feel like if I drag it out too long, I'm not going to do it," she said. "So for me it works to kind of get back into shape, afterwards, I feel great. I can put my normal clothes back on and it makes me happy, and it's worked so far."

She's expecting a baby girl in the fall with husband Seal. The couple have two sons together and Klum has a daughter from a previous relationship.

Her greatest challenge now is dressing stylishly while her belly continues to grow. While promoting the sixth season of "Project Runway," which premieres Aug. 20 on Lifetime, Klum dazzled in a flowing chiffon blouse, black skinny jeans and stilettos.

"Don't ask me what's fashionable right now. I'm happy I can find something I can fit in," she said with a laugh. "I try to go off the beaten track and find things that aren't maternity lines ... I try to find things that are a little more fun and not so basic, since I do a show about fashion."

Accessories are her latest indulgence, since they always fit and big baubles offset the belly.

"Lately I've been buying a lot of things at flea markets," she said. "I would buy big earrings, big necklaces, chunky things, big bracelets and stuff like that."

Save The Date - Saturday, August 8

LIFETIME TELEVISION, L'OREAL PARIS AND GARNIER TO HOST LOCAL 'FAN EVENTS' IN ANTICIPATION OF THE PREMIERES OF SEASON SIX OF PROJECT RUNWAY, PROJECT RUNWAY: ALL-STAR CHALLENGE AND MODELS OF THE RUNWAY

Press Release

Source: Lifetime Television

On Tuesday August 4, 2009, 6:37 pm EDT

CHICAGO, Aug. 4 /PRNewswire/ --

WHAT: This Project Runway event invites fans to take their shot at

being the "designer" as some of the contestants from the all

new sixth season of Project Runway judge their creations.

WHO: Project Runway Season Six Designers

Christopher Straub

Ra'mon-Lawrence Coleman

Shirin Askari

WHEN: Saturday, August 8

11:30 AM ET - 3:30 PM ET

WHERE: Woodfield Mall

5 Woodfield Mall

Schaumburg, IL 60173

PRESS RSVP

Kannie Yu LaPack, 310-556-7542; 323 447 6066 (cell);

[email protected]

Note: Designers will be available for interviews on site

during the event.

"Day of" press contact: Mike Malone 310-922-2625

ABOUT PROJECT RUNWAY AND MODELS OF THE RUNWAY

Project Runway: All-Star Challenge premieres August 20 at 8pm ET/PT

Project Runway premieres August 20 at 10pm ET/PT

Models of the Runway premieres August 20 at 11pm ET/PT

Hosted by supermodel and fashion maven Heidi Klum, the hit series Project Runway provides budding designers with an opportunity to launch their careers in fashion, under the watchful eye of mentor and Liz Claiborne Chief Creative Officer Tim Gunn. The wildly successful competition reality series has proven to be one of television's most talked about shows and was the highest rated unscripted competition on all of cable for 2008.

Models of the Runway, an exciting new companion series to Project Runway, will give fans a behind-the-scenes look at the reality competition - from the models' perspective. Viewers can experience the drama, anxiety, joys, tears and frustrations as the models themselves face elimination each week and compete for a cash prize and photo spread in Marie Claire magazine.

Produced by The Weinstein Company, Miramax Films, Bunim-Murray Productions and Full Picture Productions, Project Runway and Models of the Runway are executive produced by Bob and Harvey Weinstein, Co-Chairmen of The Weinstein Company, and Jon Murray and Sara Rea of Bunim-Murray Productions (The Real World). Heidi Klum; Jane Cha and Desiree Gruber of Full Picture Productions also executive produce both series. Barbara Schneeweiss oversees the production on behalf of The Weinstein Company.

THE SUNDAY CONVERSATION

Heidi Klum

The model, who is pregnant with her fourth child, just wrapped Season 7 of 'Project Runway.'

By Choire Sicha

August 9, 2009

Heidi Klum is the host of "Project Runway," which returns for a sixth season Aug. 20 on, yes, Lifetime; it was shot in Los Angeles. She is soon to be the mother of four with her husband, Seal: according to Klum, her youngest, Johan, will be 3 in November, Henry will be 4 in September, and Leni just turned 5.

Can you tell me a little bit about what's going on with the new show that follows the lives of the models who appear on "Project Runway"?

It's an extra show, a half-hour, "Models of the Runway." They're all new faces, they're all new girls, that no one already knows. It's a great exposure for them. It always has been, in the past -- but no one paid much attention to them.

I hope they're terribly dramatic and badly behaved.

No. They do cry a lot! Yesterday again, one had to go, and they all feel for each other. They live together, they like each other.

What are you doing through the summer besides, you know, giving birth?

Well, we just shot Season 7, that's why we're also in New York; we have our last day on Saturday. Then they have off till February, we'll do the finale in February. We're going to go on a holiday for a few weeks. Get the house ready. Get organized. When you're close to the end -- I wanna rearrange the whole house! I go in nesting mode.

Are you going to go for a Bauhaus super-hippie modernist thing?

No, no! And to be honest, most of the things for the kids are hand-me-down things. There's a piece Leni had, I took it from her. This piece used to belong to Henry. I was like, "You're going to get something pink, you'll be fine." And we're not into the pink or the blue.

Good!

Really, for a year the baby stays in our bedroom anyway. I just need a crib and a changing table. When you have a newborn, everything becomes very still -- while in a strange way, everything is very loud? Does that make sense?

Wait till you have four in high school.

In September, all three are in school! You sit in another room and they get evaluated, and Johan did all the puzzles. He impressed them.

Does it feel odd to be putting young designers out in the world when the fashion world is in extreme crisis?

I think that everything is kind of in crisis. But what are you going to do? Is everyone going to stop working? I think the best will always succeed in any world. The people who are working hard, I think they will stay out there. In terms of fashion, maybe there are things that are more needed than other things -- and the things that people cannot afford, maybe those things will go. But I don't think people should stop their dreams. A lot of our designers, people who have been on in the past, not everyone is self-employed. I think the only one who has become successful is Christian [siriano] -- on their own. I think the others are also successful, not as their own brand. Which I think is also success! They are working under good design houses. Or selling on HSN or Shopping Network.

I was shocked when Christian Lacroix went into bankruptcy.

Very sad. I think those people do have to exist. Those people who have such a fantasy about fashion. . . . I think it all trickles down, from these main designers who are maybe not as wearable, Galliano, all the ones who do spectacular things -- they say, who can really wear that? But they're the originators of so many things that the person on the street wears. A color, a pattern, the shoulder pads -- they really make it over the top, let's say really big -- then it trickles down and trickles down and then you can buy really big shoulder pads at Zara.

How are your licensed brands doing?

I do a bit of that. I do want to do more. Some things have started and closed. Like I don't do the jewelry anymore, which I loved doing. Unfortunately, I did have a partner who . . . maybe wasn't as knowledgeable in terms of setting up a business. I worked five years very hard on that. But we stopped because we had a lawsuit with Van Cleef & Arpels -- they wanted to have the clover, even though our designs had never matched, I don't know how may designs I had done in five years, maybe 800 different designs -- but they just wanted to own the clover motif. So they went after everyone who does that -- Louis Vuitton! -- they said, "We own the clover." And I was like, "Then who's the person with the clover and the person with the heart?" I think when you're a small company, which we are, we're not a Van Cleef -- they have a thousand lawyers. I'm a small fry next to that.

That's a sad lesson to learn.

But you know what? That's how life is. You have to set yourself up from the very beginning properly.

You have a gorgeous tattoo. What is that?

It's my husband's name. Can you see it, now that you know? Then I have three stars. They have the initials inside, of our children.

You have room for, like, 18 more children!

See, I planned ahead. But the fourth one will be the last one.

post-30396-0-1446063132-54341_thumb.jpg