Bellazon

Heidi Klum

Guest MissIsabella

Heidi Klum cosies up to the cast of the Lion King

By Jody Thompson, Mirror.co.uk 13/07/2009

Heidi Klum was the, ahem, mane attraction when she padded along to a performance of The Lion King on New York's Broadway at the weekend.

The pregnant supermodel, who's expecting a cub of her own, was a picture of cuteness as she sidled up to two of the musical's lead characters.

Heidi was also snapped kissing the lead character of Shrek the musical - though we doubt the green monster will be giving her husband Seal much cause for concern.

Heidi's bump will be her fourth child and third with her popstar hubby.

She's already mum to Johan, two, Henry, three and daughter Leni from her previous relationship with Formula One multi-millionaire Flavio Briatore.

x-510039064.jpg

Heidi Klum's Wonders of the World

An excerpt from Camilla Morton’s A Year in High Heels

I love travel—it’s nutritious for the spirit to try things that may seem (at first) weird or difficult. I always want to discover more about myself, and the only way that happens is if I expose my mind (and senses) to things it’s unused to, and I like to explore and savor another culture, and to feel what a welcoming place the world can be. I’ve been to lots of breathtaking, “the-postcard-doesn’t do-this-place-justice” destinations in my life, but these romantic, beautiful, and fascinating spots are among my all-time favorites:

Malaysia

For the Sports Illustrated shoot, I had to ride an elephant with no saddle, wearing nothing more than a bikini. (Nobody told me that elephants are nearly as prickly as porcupines.)

Hong Kong

The city still has a British-inspired elegance—the fancy old hotels, high tea service—but the underworld is what makes it riveting: pigs and chickens hanging in restaurant windows, not to mention some rather peculiar aphrodisiacs on the menu, and at night the lurid little alleys and nightclubs. The view from the peak of the city’s gleaming high-rises is jaw-dropping, and the shopping (including the huge jade and pearl markets) is overwhelming (in a good way). It’s a modern bazaar.

The Mongolian desert

There’s nothing there. No cars, no congestion, no white noise, practically no trappings of civilization. And never has that word trappings seemed so apt. Almost nothing that seems to matter here—how you look, what brand you wear—matters there. The people could not be friendlier, and if you have a chance to stay in a yurt, do it.

Heidi plays with her boys at a park in New York City. Photo by INF Photo.

New York

There’s no place like it anywhere in the world—crazy, dirty streets giving rise to soaring silver office towers. European-style cafés and shops in Soho contrasting with the wide, elegant boulevards of the Upper East Side. From the yellow cabs and 24/7 delivery options to the melting-pot citizenry and New Yorker’s brusque, efficient energy, it’s my kind of city, my kind of home. Right now, it is home. Every spot in the world has something about it that sticks with me and compels me to return.

And some travel tips:

• For some ten years (and counting), there’s one companion I will not travel without: my Samsonite hard case, covered with stickers from all over the world.

• DON’T BE A PACK RAT. People often suggest bringing things—a favorite pillow or candle—to personalize your hotel room and make yourself feel cozy, but I am a minimalist. Try not to carry your entire home with you; otherwise, you might as well just stay there.

• For up to a week, I bring two cute outfits—a little black dress and a nice pair of jeans, maybe a jean jacket (which you can wear with the black dress). They all adapt nicely to dressy or casual situations. I also stuff in a great purse, shoes that go with both outfits, and a wrap that can be worn with anything.

• For makeup, I forgo all the colors and steps and just pack a little bag with bare necessities: gloss, lipstick, concealer, sunscreen, and mascara.

• Don’t forget those adapters for international outlets!

• I leave room in my suitcase for new purchases…or I pack an empty bag or knapsack. (If I buy a lot of clothes and there’s no room in my bag, I just wear lots of layers on the flight back.) The combo of suitcase-bursting-at-seams and stern-looking-suspicious-customs-officer makes for an unpleasant reentry.

Love, Heidi

Posted in: Entertainment And Lifestyle

5998476_2952.jpg

Thanks for the pics MjAtaura

:thumbsup:

By the way, this excerpt is actually from Heidi's book Body of Knowledge:

Valentine's Day 2006

Models Heidi Klum, Oluchi Onweagba, Izabel Goulart and Karolina Kurkova pose for a photo at an early Valentine's day celebration hosted by Victoria's Secret at Show Nightclub February 9, 2006 in New York City.

b2c16342126672.gif 26507642126673.gif 65663f42126674.gif ee52af42126675.gif b6923642126677.gif cd1ad642126678.gif 3886b642126679.gif 2f9d1342126680.gif 5cf50942126685.gif afd32d42126686.gif c473ab42126687.gif 9b44c242126688.gif

3b56f942126689.gif

I love travel—it’s nutritious for the spirit to try things that may seem (at first) weird or difficult. I always want to discover more about myself, and the only way that happens is if I expose my mind (and senses) to things it’s unused to, and I like to explore and savor another culture, and to feel what a welcoming place the world can be. I’ve been to lots of breathtaking, “the-postcard-doesn’t do-this-place-justice” destinations in my life, but these romantic, beautiful, and fascinating spots are among my all-time favorites:

Malaysia

For the Sports Illustrated shoot, I had to ride an elephant with no saddle, wearing nothing more than a bikini. (Nobody told me that elephants are nearly as prickly as porcupines.)

Hong Kong

The city still has a British-inspired elegance—the fancy old hotels, high tea service—but the underworld is what makes it riveting: pigs and chickens hanging in restaurant windows, not to mention some rather peculiar aphrodisiacs on the menu, and at night the lurid little alleys and nightclubs. The view from the peak of the city’s gleaming high-rises is jaw-dropping, and the shopping (including the huge jade and pearl markets) is overwhelming (in a good way). It’s a modern bazaar.

The Mongolian desert

There’s nothing there. No cars, no congestion, no white noise, practically no trappings of civilization. And never has that word trappings seemed so apt. Almost nothing that seems to matter here—how you look, what brand you wear—matters there. The people could not be friendlier, and if you have a chance to stay in a yurt, do it.

Heidi plays with her boys at a park in New York City. Photo by INF Photo.

New York

There’s no place like it anywhere in the world—crazy, dirty streets giving rise to soaring silver office towers. European-style cafés and shops in Soho contrasting with the wide, elegant boulevards of the Upper East Side. From the yellow cabs and 24/7 delivery options to the melting-pot citizenry and New Yorker’s brusque, efficient energy, it’s my kind of city, my kind of home. Right now, it is home. Every spot in the world has something about it that sticks with me and compels me to return.

And some travel tips:

• For some ten years (and counting), there’s one companion I will not travel without: my Samsonite hard case, covered with stickers from all over the world.

• DON’T BE A PACK RAT. People often suggest bringing things—a favorite pillow or candle—to personalize your hotel room and make yourself feel cozy, but I am a minimalist. Try not to carry your entire home with you; otherwise, you might as well just stay there.

• For up to a week, I bring two cute outfits—a little black dress and a nice pair of jeans, maybe a jean jacket (which you can wear with the black dress). They all adapt nicely to dressy or casual situations. I also stuff in a great purse, shoes that go with both outfits, and a wrap that can be worn with anything.

• For makeup, I forgo all the colors and steps and just pack a little bag with bare necessities: gloss, lipstick, concealer, sunscreen, and mascara.

• Don’t forget those adapters for international outlets!

• I leave room in my suitcase for new purchases…or I pack an empty bag or knapsack. (If I buy a lot of clothes and there’s no room in my bag, I just wear lots of layers on the flight back.) The combo of suitcase-bursting-at-seams and stern-looking-suspicious-customs-officer makes for an unpleasant reentry.

Love, Heidi

Posted in: Entertainment And Lifestyle

5998476_2952.jpg

Thanks for this. Where did you find article? What's the link for it?

The 61st Emmy nominations

Host, reality or reality competition program: Phil Keoghan, The Amazing Race, CBS; Ryan Seacrest, American Idol, Fox; Tom Bergeron, Dancing With the Stars, ABC; Heidi Klum, Project Runway, Bravo; Jeff Probst, Survivor, CBS; Padma Lakshmi and Tom Colichhio, Top Chef, Bravo.

Pregnant Heidi Klum celebrates her Emmy nomination... with a trip to the park

By Lizzie Smith

Last updated at 9:32 AM on 17th July 2009

Comments (0)

Add to My Stories

After receiving a prestigious Emmy nomination Heidi Klum could have been expected to break out the champagne.

Instead she celebrated the honour with a trip to the park - accompanied by her three young children and mother Erna.

The supermodel is spending as much time as possible bonding with her children before the demanding arrival of her fourth child, thought to be a daughter, in the autumn.

Yesterday Heidi hid her growing bump with a fashionably loose jersey smock, teamed with leggings and sandals, as she pushed five-year-old daughter Leni on the swings.

The 36-year-old then scooped Leni up for a big hug, while Johan, two, and Henry, three, played nearby.

Earlier they had celebrated her Emmy nomination, for her work as host of Project Runway, with a dinner at Cipriani in New York's Tribeca.

Heidi, married to British pop star Seal, was nominated in the Host for a Reality or Reality-competition Program category.

She is competing against Phil Keoghan of The Amazing Race, Ryan Seacrest of American Idol, Tom Bergeron of Dancing with the Stars, Jeff Probst of Survivor and Padma Lakshmi and Tom Colicchio, co-hosts of Top Chef.

Project Runway returns to American TV next month, but is just one of Heidi's career interests.

The native-German's modelling career is still going strong - when she appeared on the cover of German Vogue recently it sold more copies than any other issue of the magazine this year.

In addition to that, she's set to be immortalised as a special edition Barbie doll.

The former Victoria's Secret model will feature in the Blonde Ambition Collection to mark the brand's 50th birthday, it has been reported.