Bellazon

Heidi Klum

Guest MissIsabella

Recent interview with Parade Magazine:

Heidi Klum 'Charms' the Oscars

February 9, 2009

Supermodel Heidi Klum has become a super force in fashion and entertainment. The 35-year-old German-born beauty married to singer Seal is conquering new worlds as executive producer and host of Project Runway. She's currently filming the next season of the hit reality show in L.A., despite the ongoing lawsuit between Runway's original home on the Bravo network and its potential new network, Lifetime.

Reality TV is the latest addition to the model's inspiring array of projects, including one that will put her out front on the red carpet at the Academy Awards. She has designed a special charm that she'll wear with a red dress to symbolize her role as the ambassador for Heart Truth a campaign to educate women about the risks of heart disease.

Q: Last year at the Oscars you were a standout in a red dress. This time when you walk down the red carpet, your pin will be as important as your ruby dress.

A: I love wearing a red dress. Sometimes you like to keep your outfit a secret, but I think it's all right to give away the color because I want women to know why I chose it.

Q: It represents your commitment to spreading the word about a disease that takes a shocking number of lives.

A: And a lot of women don't realize they are at risk. I met this woman when we filmed the PSA who was stunning. She had a beautiful body and she was totally committed to fitness. But she went to the doctor and found out she has heart disease. It's just not something that you can see it from the outside. I really learned something that day. Women are always busy, running around, doing things for their husband and children. They need to know that heart disease is the number one killer of women in America, more than all cancers put together. We have to be aware now. That's why my pin is in the shape of an hourglass.

Q: We don't always see that caring side of you on Project Runway.

A: I'm a little tough on the show. I might seem hard because the harsh criticism is what ends up on the air. I always have something positive and good to say too, but that usually gets cut. I understand the feeling of losing. I always think back to when I won my first modeling competition in Germany. I was 18, and I just had to get out there and try hard. You've just got to keep going, and that's what I advise the designers who are on the show.

Q: You seem to be almost unstoppably upbeat.

A: I always try to have a positive feeling. Every morning when I get up, I'm happy to be here. Even when I'm tired because the kids have been crying in the night, they come in and want mama and crawl into my bed. They look at you and they have that smile on their faces and life is good.

Q: What's the secret to a happy marriage?

A: Seal always puts a smile on my face, too. We make each other laugh all the time. Laughing is good. I think it's very healthy for you to laugh out loud. I understand that life is not always just a smile all the time. But when you're facing problems, it doesn't make it better if you're kind of miserable.

Q: Do you look forward to walking down the red carpet?

A: It's actually an amazing moment to go and watch all the beautiful and talented celebrities. And for me it's also about having a date with my husband. It really is about wearing a Cinderella dress and beautiful heels and amazing jewels and having my hair and makeup done and being with the man I love.

Q: In addition to your optimism, aren't you also out to achieve what's important to you?

A: I'm a very driven person. I'm always going after my goals. You just get up in the morning and kick yourself in the butt. I'd like to show people that they can have that same drive to go where they want to go. It's up to you and not to anybody else.

Heidi Klum_Access Hollywood Sexiest Models video

HEIDI WAS VOTED AS NO#1!!!

VIDEO = 18 MB = 2:59 = High Quality

God how old is this post? I know! But the link is dead and I would be really thankful if someone could re-upload this video for me! Thanks! xxXxx :heart: :heart: