Bellazon

Heidi Klum

Guest MissIsabella

I don't think Heidi is going to be there because she is taping Project Runway. But, I hear Seal is going to perform.

Is he a citizen? Because I know Heidi isn't, and therefore can't vote. Seems odd for someone in her position to get involved in politics, although she did give that interview in Germany earlier this year about how they were both against John McCain.

Couple of short interviews:

http://bellasugar.com/1733827

Life is good for Heidi Klum — or at least she makes it seem as though she spends most of her time hanging out on cloud nine. She has three active, gorgeous kids and a hottie hubby who totally gets my Seal of approval!

I've been lucky enough to get exclusive insight into the many aspects of this entrepreneurial supermodel's life. To find out what she has to say about her In An Instant skin-care line, her personal beauty routine, some of the best beauty advice she's ever heard, and how a woman of her stature handles days when she wakes up feeling unattractive (yep, it even happens to Heidi Klum), read more.

What's the best advice you've ever received for having beautiful hair and skin?

Keep it simple. You don’t want to over do it with too much makeup or crazy, over-the-top hairstyles. Let your natural beauty show through.

What makes your skin-care line, In An Instant, stand apart from the rest?

You get immediate results. My favorite product is the Instant Wrinkle Smoother. You just apply it to any lines on your face and they instantly disappear — it’s incredible!

Most women have days when they wake up and just don't feel attractive. Does this ever happen to you? If so, what do you do to make yourself feel better?

Of course! Everyone has their off days, and that’s normal. The important thing is to surround yourself with people who love you no matter what you might look like in the morning.

When you aren't working or attending events, what is your beauty routine?

I spend so much time wearing makeup for shoots and events that when I have downtime, I really try to let my skin breathe. It’s also important to give your skin a good scrub once in a while to rejuvenate it. That was one of the most important products when I was creating In An Instant — a great exfoliator that deep cleans your skin and helps open your pores to keep your face glowing.

http://fabsugar.com/1734367

Heidi Klum. Where to begin? From the beginning, I suppose. German born Klum is no longer just a model. She is a model, actress, TV presenter, fashion designer, television producer, singer, wife and mother. No wonder Klum continues to inspire so many. She started as a model and Victoria's Secret model — that body, that face — and worked her way into our hearts hosting Project Runway and embarked on fashion projects along the way, i.e., her jewelry line and collaborating with Jordache.

Now married to Seal and the mother of three, Heidi always has a smile on her face. That is what inspires me. She is hardworking, doesn't take things for granted and seems to be a very happy person. And so, we are so excited we got an exclusive interview with the multi-tasking model!

Can you describe your personal style and how it has evolved over the years?

I have always had a very unique sense of style. I love bright colors and bold prints that make a statement. When I was young I was all about be-dazzling! I would be-dazzle everything from jean jackets to bags. That love for glitz and glam has stayed with me over the years but has matured. In my everyday life comfort is very important. I love throwing on a classic pair of jeans with a cozy tank and flip flops, especially when running around with the kids.

Tell us about the creative process for creating your jewelry line.

I don’t have a formal technique for designing jewelry, I just let myself become inspired by everything around me — vintage designs, trips, etc. The jewelry also reflects my personal style and the pieces I love to wear.

You have a lot of fashion projects at the moment: jewelry, sunglasses, fragrance and Birkenstocks. Is there one that particularly satisfies you the most? If so, why?

I have always been a very creative person and love having a channel to express my ideas whether it is designing products for a label or just painting with my children. I don’t have a favorite project but my jewelry line is definitely the most extensive. I have a very high end collection that I design with Mouawad, a silver collection for QVC, and a Top Model and Project Runway collection based on pieces I have worn in the shows. I also just started selling on Skymall (a guilty traveling pleasure of mine).

Is there a Heidi Klum clothing line in the future?

I just created a 15-piece capsule collection for Jordache. It was inspired by some of my favorite pieces from my closet. I wanted all the designs to be comfortable mixed with a bit of sexiness.

What new and exciting things can we expect on the next season of Project Runway?

Project Runway is always a surprise. You never know what is going to happen next and that is what keeps the show fresh and interesting. Last year was a great season so we are definitely continuing to push the envelope with design challenges. You’ll just have to wait and tune in!

And a third quick one:

http://www.lilsugar.com/1734849

The paparazzi often catches model mom, Heidi Klum, playing with her children — Leni, 4, Henry, 2, and Johan, 1, but there's a lot more to motherhood than what is captured in photographs. We had a chance to chat with the haute mama who had a few things to say about the experience.

We love how your children are always dressing up in costumes (and even you and Seal get into the action). What is it about dressing up that is so fun for the family?

You can’t take yourself too seriously. It’s all about having fun and really being full participants in all aspects of our children’s lives.

Our readers want to know how you get that post pregnancy body runway ready so quickly. Any advice, diets, workout tips to share?

I never diet, but I try to eat healthier after the baby. I also find that running around the house to keep up with three small children is a great workout in itself.

You are raising your family in Los Angeles, but are always traveling for work and pleasure. How do you manage it all as you become such a successful business woman and active mother while still maintaining a thriving marriage?

My first priority is always my children and my husband. Everything else has to come second or it just doesn’t work. No matter how busy we are, we still make the time to take a few family vacations each year that everyone participates in. I try to be home more now that I have children and don’t travel as much as I used to.

You once said, "Children are very addicting. Once they start growing up, you miss when they were little." Does this mean there will be more babies?

Yes they are addicting. Each of them has their own personality and it is so amazing to see them grow and become their own person. No plans right now for more but you never know!

With Project Runway set to return this summer, get ready for more TV appearances. Heidi has already been penciled in for Conan O'Brien on Tuesday, July 15.

Set up your recorders sanja and azkid. :fun:

http://www.redbookmag.com/your/celebrity/mighty-heidi-klum

She can work a giant pair of wings, inspire fierce runway projects, tame the heart of a Seal, and now she’s out to eliminate the desire for plastic surgery with her new skin-care line. What will this mom of three think of next?

By Dennis Hensley

Heidi Klum is many things — supermodel, Project Runway host and executive producer, entrepreneur, wife, and mom — but one thing she isn’t is guarded. Within minutes of meeting me for breakfast at The Beverly Hills Hotel, near the home she shares with her musician husband, Seal, and their three children, Leni, 4, Henry, 2, and Johan, 1, Heidi is cracking open her trusty date book and showing me the detailed system she has for keeping it all together. And the 35-year-old German-born beauty is more than happy to let me inspect, close up, the dazzling ruby heart necklace that Seal gave her on Valentine’s Day. Then there’s the current zit crisis: “I was just in Germany and I had too much chocolate,” she confesses, pointing out a sizable pimple on her chin. “That’s what happens.”

For someone whose name and visage have been used to sell everything from lingerie to jewelry and perfume and now her new skin-care line, In an Instant, Heidi doesn’t seem at all preoccupied with her image. When I ask one of my standby model questions — “Are you happy with your driver’s license photo?” — she laughs and says, “Oh, yeah. I just renewed my green card, and after they took my picture, they said, ‘Do you want to see it?’ I was like, ‘No, I don’t care.’”

Heidi seems totally comfortable with all her many roles. In some moments, she sounds like a typical plate-spinning working mom, concerned about getting healthy meals on the table for her kids and frustrated with overcomplicated stroller construction (“Why can’t they just put numbers on how to collapse it, like push 1, push 2, push 3, push 4? Honestly, the next thing I would want to do is a stroller.”). Yet in other instances, it seems like Heidi has the most exotic life possible, rich with unique, unforgettable experiences. Just last night, she was measured and photographed to be a wax figure for the new Madame Tussauds museum in Germany. And while Heidi seems to enjoy the wacky places her life takes her, it’s when she talks about her home and family that she lights up the most. “I have a normal life and I have this glamorous life, but to me it’s two different things,” she says, over her hearty breakfast of bacon, eggs, and sausage. “It’s not like I’m this glamour diva who hands everything over and I just sit on my throne at home. When we’re at home, we’re cooking and doing things with the kids, driving them to school. We do the things that everyone has to do.”

And she wouldn’t have it any other way. “Life’s just kind of perfect at the moment,” she says, smiling. “You know the picture with the house and the picket fence and the kids are playing in the garden? It’s kind of like that. The only thing missing is the dog.”

continue....

Are you good at staying on top of all that you have to do?

I'm quite good at multitasking, but I have to do things immediately. I have a book where I write things down: major topics, deadlines, things like that. Every few months, I start a new book. [she starts leafing through her notebook.]

What are the photos in your book?

These were my Germany's Next Topmodel looks; I'm the host. So episode 1 is these two outfits. Every week when the episode comes out, viewers go online that night, and I can't have the wrong photo [on the website] for that episode. So I have to keep track of it all because I was the only one [at the filming].

Speaking of looks, your Valentine's Day necklace is beautiful. How did Seal present it to you?

Well, we weren’t together because I was in Germany filming Topmodel. I had sent him this beautiful rose. The florist opens all the petals and then glues more petals around so it makes this gigantic rose. I was like, “I want one beautiful rose,” but I had no idea they made such a great thing. I loved it. Then Seal sent me an email with a photo of a box on a pillow, and he said, “I have something waiting for you.” When I came home two days later, I was like, “So where’s my box?” He couldn’t find it! He was looking everywhere and he finally found it under the bed. And then there was this thing in there. I love it.

So you use emails and pictures to stay connected?

Oh, always. We do a lot of iChat too. I do that with my mom and dad all the time too. And I keep all my husband's letters or, when I get flowers, the cards. I have a little box that I keep things in.

People don't usually write letters anymore.

Well, he does.

Where did you and your husband first meet?

In New York, at the Mercer Hotel. I was in the lobby and he walked in. My friend introduced us, and I told Seal to sit down.

So you took the initiative?

A little bit. He said, “I just came from the gym. I’m going to go shower and I’ll come back,” and I’m like, “You better!” And he did. He came back.

Was there instant chemistry?

Definitely. He's a very handsome man. You would think that he's very intimidating because he's so tall and strong, but he's really a gentle giant. It's a lovely thing when he puts his hand on my knee or he kisses me so passionately.

Is it a nice perk of the relationship to have music be a big part of your life?

Absolutely. I don't think I could not have been with an artist of some kind, someone creative. He's 45 years old and he does silly things with me. When we go to Disneyland, we have our faces painted every time.

You're also known for your over-the-top Halloween parties.

This year, I decided to be a cat, and the year before, Seal was Eve from Adam and Eve and I was the apple because I was nine months pregnant, but I was not going to not do the party. I actually got him women's shoes in his size from a real proper drag store in New York.

You just happen to have a drag store in your Rolodex?

Oh, yeah! That's where I went when I did my first Victoria's Secret show. I bought their highest heels to train in.

What's the secret to really shining in the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show?

You can't take it too seriously. And you'd better know how to walk in the gigantic wings.

Does Seal ever say, "Hey, honey, can you bring those wings home for a night?"

It's a really great issue. I love it when there's an interview with Heidi (or any of the other VS angels for that matter). I'm such a big fan of her's and Seal's. They've got to be one of the coolest families around. :wave: