Bellazon

Raquel Zimmermann
Thumbnail

purple

Ok, here we go! :woot: :woot: :woot:

Models Talk FW2007/08 Part 1 & 2

"The beautiful first face model Raquel Zimmerman talks about herself & her experiences from Fashion Week."

Download Link

http://www.sendspace.com/file/pj90xw

Cyp!! :chicken: Please can you repost the download link??? It's not working anymore :cry:

Thiago, if you have real player you can download videos straight from youtube. :flower: Its really easy, and you don't have to pay unless, of course you want to be a premier member. :wave:

Translation of the interview thiago mentioned for those who don't speak portugese

(sorry its quite bad but its understandable!)

That interview in English

All attention was on the fiancée that entered arm-in-arm with the German fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld at the end of Chanel couture, carried out in Paris in the beginning of July. The model that reached the position most coveted of the presentation of the design founded by Coco Chanel is the Brazilian Raquel Zimmermann. The gaucho of 24 years is the present darling of the international fashion designers. The Brazilians also worship her, but is not where she lives, she has been in new york for six years. Since January, Raquel occupies place number two on the site models.com, the most important reference of fashion that lists the 50 best models of the world. Gisele Bündchen does not enter in the race: she is not counted as a model and today is a celebrity.

The first layer in the foreseeable plot of the girl of Germanic ancestry in the interior of Rio, that felt the ugly duckling of the school and abandoned her studies for try her luck as a model. "In that time, Shirley Mallmann was successful and my colleagues insisted that I had the same profile." Raquel was convinced and ar the 14 years, caught a bus in Bom Retiro do Sul and disembarked alone in São Paulo. She worked in the Japan, Paris and new york, but considers the true beginning of her career three years later, when shewas photographed by the American Steven Meisel for Vogue Italia. "When I was chosen for the work, people said to me that he was the greatest photographer and my career would change." It passed to campaigns such as Versace and Dior, (always shot by the photographer?)

After Meisel, the Italian fashion designer Miuccia Prada can be considered her second fairy godmother. It was early in 2004, when passed a time of little work and nearly gave up on the profession. "I thought of coming back to Brazil and studying. I found that was the right moment to change." The empathy of Miuccia by Raquel was immediate. The heir of the Prada chose the girl for open the parade and star its campaign. The work for the Italian label, took the gaucho beyond her sexy image. "She is a flexible enough model, is a chameleon", vouches her agent Laura Scallop, of Ten Models, where she has been 8 years. "People tire of seeing the same image. an actress has a distinct character for each film, I am going to have a different style in each work", compares Raquel. It is not to aimlessly that she was the center of the twice consecutive campaign of Louis Vuitton.

Raquel earned precious praise from the director of movies David Lynch, of Blue Velvet and City of the Dreams. They spent a day together recording a Gucci perfume commercial and she gained a lot of praise. "A lot obliged by the great work", wrote the director in a dedication that Raquel earned. Despite the unforgettable experience with Lynch, she leaves clear that she does not want to follow the cliche model-actress. Her future career includes the faculty of graphic design or history of the art. Probably in new york, where she has created strong ties. It is in the Big Apple that for five years she has lived with her husband the photographer Ruy Sanchez Blanco, a Chilean created between the Austria and the United States. They met through work, but their affinities go beyond the fashion. "When it met him, I was impressed with his sweetness, intelligence and curiosity by the world. Shortly afterwards,they found tthings that have in common such as a love od music (song), cultural interests and the passion by travel", enumerates she.

It is difficult believe that the top model of smooth speech and the pose of princess plays guitar. But the chords of Metallica and Pearl Jam in the instrument she was given for an anniversary from her boyfriend is for no more than fun. "I play with Ruy, it is a therapy. I have never played in a bar, I am shy." Another one surprise is know that Raquel already risked like a skateboarder. Always with the support and the company of her boyfriend. After a year of maneuvers and a fall that cracked her the hand, the skateboard was retired and replaced by horses. While she does not have her own horse, she search exotic places for practice the hobby. "It was incredible to ride a horse in the environment of the desert of Egypt, where I was photographing."

Her journeys lead her far away from Brazil. She was unable to parade for the label Animale in the last Fashion Rio. Due to a full diary, she alone could only pass quickly in the Country to photograph the campaign for Animale, for which she is the exclusive model. It was during the shoot in São Paulo to photograph the collection for S/S08 that she conversed with People. A visit to her family in the South is a rare event. In one of the scarce visits, she remembers a funny dialogue with a girl during a flight to Porto Alegre.

– Are you Luana Piovani?

– No, I am not.

– But can I have a picture with you?

– Yes, then you are able to speak for your friends that you saw Luana Piovani.

– Then you are to Luana Piovani!

Raquel recounted the scene for her boyfriend (and led to a pull of ear). "Why did you not say that you were Raquel Zimmermann?" The timidity stopped. Two days afterwards, she was in the main newspaper native of Rio Grande do Sul and the girl of the plane should have discovered that instead of the actress, she had known one of the most requisitioned models of the world.

It is barely a marriage, as the closing scene by suggests. Raquel Zimmermann entered in a wedding gown, arm-in-arm on the runway with Karl Lagerfeld, in the last parade of Chanel. This is a partnership that yields fruits for the two sides. The relationship goes beyond the contact between model and fashion designer. "I know an adorable person behind the dark sunglasses", affirms the Brazilian, that has already stayed in the home of the fashion designer of Chanel and the creative director of Fendi. It is in the mansion in the south of the France that he receives friends. "We have a good relationship and he supports me a lot", commemorates. Whenever Lagerfeld requests her for work, Raquel cancels all of her commitments. "He is always my priority."

THE HIGHLIGHTS OF THE TOP MODEL IN 2007

• Cover of American V (July)

• Cover of the French magazine Numero (i think it means elle)(April)

• twice in the Vogue America

• Face of the perfume Palazzo, of Fendi, photographed by Karl Lagerfeld

• Commercial of the perfume Gucci by Gucci, directed by the director David Lynch

• Campaign for the designer Emmanuel Ungaro

• Second consecutive campaign for Louis Vuitton

• (Parading in more than 50 international catwalks this season)

http://www.terra.com.br/istoegente/edicoes...tigo56588-1.htm

sorry the translation is nowhere near perfect but i tried!