Bellazon

Raquel Zimmermann
Thumbnail

purple

Thank you Vini that cover is lovely even though her head doesnt look like its on her body :rofl:

Raquel Zimmermann in Michael Bastian.

05270808201xb4.jpg

...Marc Jacobs...

05270808202zd5.jpg

...and Dries Van Noten.

05270808203ah8.jpg

CFDA Booked and Ready to Go

email print save Published: Tuesday, May 27, 2008

By Rosemary Feitelberg

Win or lose, nominees for this year's CFDA and Swarovski awards will go home June 2 with something for posterity — a book featuring highly individualized photographs of Raquel Zimmermann in their various designs.

Styled by Karl Templer and shot by Mikael Jansson, the keepsake came together under creative director Trey Laird.

Templer suggested shooting Zimmermann in the 25 nominees' finery and creating a character to relay each designer's sense of style. In Michael Bastian's men's wear, for example, she plays the hulking athlete with football in hand and greasepaint under her eyes. Zimmermann is considerably more light-stepped in a printed Dries Van Noten ensemble with tousled hair. "I felt this was for the ultimate American fashion night, so I wanted it to be strong and powerful. It's also nice to capture the year for a designer," Laird said.

Jansson also shot portraits of three of this year's special honorees — Van Noten, Carolina Herrera and Candy Pratts Price. Mayor Michael Bloomberg, the fourth honoree, was unable to be photographed due to his schedule. The New York Times' David Colman has written essays about everyone featured in the book.

Laird's creative team was up all night for four nights shooting, with Eugene Souleiman and Mark Carrasquillo handling hair and makeup, respectively. Laird also had Kenji Toma photograph close-ups of abstract flowers that are interspersed throughout the book. The floral touch also accents the fresh peonies that accompanies guests' invitations, as well as the new CFDA logo Laird has designed that graces the book's cover.

and another article. I wonder if she will show at the awards?

also this article calls her a brunette. :/ i will give it a chance :laugh:

Raquel Zimmerman's CFDA CameoTuesday, May 27, 2008

picsrvfashionweekdailycud2.jpg

(NEW YORK) Raquel Zimmerman will be omnipresent come Monday's CFDA Awards gala. That's because the Brazilian supermodel has been photographed exclusively by Mikael Jansson for a special book that will be handed out to attendees at this year's black-tie affair.

Spearheaded by CFDA president Diane von Furstenberg, the book was created in a four-day shoot under the direction of creative director Trey Laird and Karl Templer, who styled the fashion-forward images. In a twist on past traditions of one model per look, Zimmerman, at the suggestion of Templer, wore the designs of all 25 nominees--both for CFDA and Swarovski Awards--regardless of gender.

The results portray the brunette as an imposing athlete in Michael Bastian's men's wear, a stylish corporate fellow in Tom Ford, and a Marc Jacobs-ed sprite (hate-it-or-love-it headband in tow).

Special honorees Dries Van Noten, Carolina Herrera and Candy Pratts Price were also shot by Jansson. Mayor Michael Bloomberg, who is said to be receiving his award from Ralph Lauren, could not participate due to a scheduling conflict. David Colman of the New York Times penned the complementary essays about each distinguished individual.

Kenji Toma was asked to photograph close-ups of abstract flowers that have been intermittently placed throughout the book. The floral accent is a continuation of the fresh peonies that accompanied the gala invitations, as well as a new CFDA logo Laird designed that will be affixed to the book's cover.

This is great news for all of us.

I'm sure that her agents are also leaping for joy...

imagine the amount of inQome Qoming in! :woot::cain:

i Qan only imagine how hard it must be for her to roleplay with the Qlothes they dress her up with.

It seems liQe they expeQt her to depiQt and portray different types of looQ..

yeah yeah, that's a model's job, but that many designers! ?? :| :| :|

Seems pretty hardQore..

:kiss:

I hope she shows up at the awards Camilla! :woot: It makes sence.

I wonder if we'll ever get the pictures from this book! Makes me sad that we might not get it, looks like a great book! Raquel is really versatile.

Camilla! It's true about the head-body Numero cover! :laugh: But she looks great :wub: I just don't like the hair.

I hope she shows up at the awards Camilla! :woot: It makes sence.

I wonder if we'll ever get the pictures from this book! Makes me sad that we might not get it, looks like a great book! Raquel is really versatile.

Camilla! It's true about the head-body Numero cover! :laugh: But she looks great :wub: I just don't like the hair.

^ a translation of that by min-sh at tfs

---please tell us how you became a model

when i was 15,because i was tall and thin (well, sometimes i got made fun of, but...), my friends in school adviced me to try modeling.i myself was also interested, so i contacted an agency in south Brazil, and i got their response very soon.

---has anything changed since you became a model?

yeah, while shooting pictures, i got the benifites of traveling around the world, and had chances to be able to experience different cultures.

i think the way i look at the world has changed.

---(you) also do modeling work in japan, how long have you stayed (here)?

i've been in Japan for like 2 months. what i've seen till now is completely different, and i had a really good time.

---any show or shootings that is the most impressive to you?

it's in Los Angles, walking on the rosebush stage(i am so not sure bout this!), that shot with Steven Meisel for Vogue Italia was the most impressive to me.

also, opening the show of Prada was very inspiring to me.

---how do you spend your holidays?

sometimes i go to the museums, do some cycling in the park, meet my friends, or playing the guitar.

---please tell us your beauty secret and what do you think of female beauty?

one of the most important things is to stay healthy, to drink a lot of water. and moisturizing cream, Creme De La Mer(can't believe i figured this out.lol) are neccessary items,

models fly a lot, when you arrive in the hotel, go to the pool at once, you'll get a refresh of your body by swimming.

i think a wonderful woman should be beautiful on the outside as well as in the inside.

---what are you planning to do in the future?

go to a university and i want to have/start a family.

about the pictures:

p1 was when she's 5 y-o.

p2&p4 were with her younger sister.

p3 was with her elder brother.

i wonder if that means she has been in japan for two months this year or that she was in japan for two months. and a meisel rosebush shoot i wonder if thats an early one? maybe her first vi cover