Bellazon

Terry Richardson: misunderstood creative genius, dirty pervert or both?

SympathysSilhouette

Have your say  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What's the deal with Terry?

• He's a misunderstood victim of circumstances and his quirky imagination
    • He's a pervert who uses his status as a high-profile photographer to take advantage of (young) models
    • He's a bit of both of the above

I think most of us are at least vaguely familiar with his work and the rumors and controversy that has surrounded him for a while now.

I feel ambiguous about the man myself. He has undeniably done some great - sometimes hilarious or deliciously quirky - shoots. And I don't think we should just take Rie's word on what kind of man he is. But I do think there is a side to him that does seem to have a perverted fascination with young women. It sometimes shows in his work. Whether or not this expresses itself in any other way than what ends up in front of his lens is up to debate - or who you choose to believe.

So what do you believe?

I don't find him to be a spectacular photographer (but I have to say I really like many of the photoshoots he had done for Vogue Paris, especially the one with Coco Rocha which she didn't want to be published for religious reasons; nevermind) but at the same time it looks like people act he's the biggest pervert in the business while in reality I guess there are many more photographers who are probably worse than him (in term of behaviour toward models). But if he really was so awful, would he still book so many jobs? I don't think so....

I don't find him to be a spectacular photographer (but I have to say I really like many of the photoshoots he had done for Vogue Paris, especially the one with Coco Rocha which she didn't want to be published for religious reasons; nevermind) but at the same time it looks like people act he's the biggest pervert in the business while in reality I guess there are many more photographers who are probably worse than him (in term of behaviour toward models). But if he really was so awful, would he still book so many jobs? I don't think so....

:idk: I agree with this. When I see his work, my first curiosity isn't about the 'artistry' of the photography but.. how did he launch his career and what does he do to sustain it!

:idk: I agree with this. When I see his work, my first curiosity isn't about the 'artistry' of the photography but.. how did he launch his career and what does he do to sustain it!

His father was a photographer, so I guess Terry's access to this profession was easier because of it.

I think Terry's photography is more about some kind of mood? not really the 'artistry'. But he himself admitted he doesn't perceive himself as a great artist so....

Naah, it was inspired by his apparent friendship with Marloes Horst. :p I worry about the girl. :/ If any pervert should get with her, it should be me dammit! :rofl:

Don't worry, he hasn't had his way with Candice's nipples, so you can still perv with her at least. :p

His father was a photographer, so I guess Terry's access to this profession was easier because of it.

I think Terry's photography is more about some kind of mood? not really the 'artistry'. But he himself admitted he doesn't perceive himself as a great artist so....

Yea, I agree. So nepotism..