Bellazon

Terry Richardson: misunderstood creative genius, dirty pervert or both?

SympathysSilhouette

Have your say  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What's the deal with Terry?

• He's a misunderstood victim of circumstances and his quirky imagination
    • He's a pervert who uses his status as a high-profile photographer to take advantage of (young) models
    • He's a bit of both of the above

Not sure how legit this is...

Terry Richardson Reportedly Offering Vogue Photo Shoots For Sex
The dirtbag of the millennium is back and this time, he's slithering up to model Emma Appleton, who posted this revealing screenshot on her Instagram this afternoon.

post-2904-0-1446057369-54606_thumb.png

According to the post, Richardson is throwing around sex offers in exchange for Vogue photo shoots, which begs the question: when will this shitlord go away forever?

post-2904-0-1446057369-52479_thumb.jpg
gawker.com

The dirtbag of the millennium is back and this time, he's slithering up to model Emma Appleton, who posted this revealing screenshot on her Instagram this afternoon.

post-47866-0-1446057370-56263_thumb.png

According to the post, Richardson is throwing around sex offers in exchange for Vogue photo shoots, which begs the question: when will this shitlord go away forever?

g9uF8LXO.jpg

gawker.com

If it's true (...but this info seems verified and recovered all over the internet now...) that's really disgusting... This guy is definitely a relic from the past, and a damn f****** provocator...

Looks like Emma deleted her twitter account :/

One thing that makes no sense is if there are already allegations about his inappropriate behaviors why is he still doing it? It is obvious the public and the industry are watching him more closely now. By him continuing to behave this way he is pretty much digging his own grave.

On her instagram, she posted this comment :

emmajappleton

@laurenwolfeee @_rubysummer @lxnds_e thank you ladies, I didn't think it would blow up like that. I'm not look for attention in the slightest. If it is a fake then it needs to get removed. Hopefully it'll just blow over now because I feel like such a shit person

What I don't get is this particular tidbit from her "If it is a fake then it needs to get removed. "  :huh: 

emmajappleton

@lilyevangeline literally want to crawl into a cave and hide for a few days

Anyways, Uncle Terry is creepy for sure but I honestly couldn't see him texting a random model like this. It reeks of too much stupidity, especially with all the allegations against him  :idk:. But who the hell knows?

A spokeswoman for Vogue said Sunday that the magazine will no longer work with Terry Richardson, in the wake of new allegations that the celebrity photographer offered a model the chance to be in the magazine in exchange for sex.

“The last assignment Terry Richardson had for US Vogue appeared in the July 2010 issue and we have no plans to work with him in the future,” Hildy Kuryk, communications director for US Vogue told TheWrap on Sunday.

Earlier in the day, British model Emma J. Appleton tweeted a screen grab of a message allegedly sent from Richardson's Facebook account, which offered a Vogue photo shoot in exchange for sex. Richardson's camp has denied the allegation.

Read more at ONTD: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/87493169.html#ixzz2zYpFQC82

I don't want to start a fight or insult someone but people that do believe he wrote that message are... not smart? to even think Terry would write that on instagram? And if he did it, it was certainly out of provocation  and in that case, it wasn't really smart from him either. Or even funny.

But i still don't think he wrote that.

to even think Terry would write that on instagram?

On instagram? What do you mean? I thought this was on Facebook  :ermm:

But I agree, I honestly don't think he wrote that. And I'm kind of surprised about how quickly everyone is jumping on the bandwagon while not considering that it could simply not be him. Terry has one official Facebook account and this wasn't sent from it, was it? I think it would have been mentioned otherwise.

TBH, I kind of expected the whole outrage after Jamie Peck but I honestly did not see it coming for this. :idk:

Anyways, here's Emma's response to all of this:

post-85865-0-1446057371-27522_thumb.jpg

Question, do you guys think Terry's career will take a hit after this? It didn't after all the other allegations but maybe this is one too many?

My mistake... But, facebook, instagtam, twitter, tumblr... all the same!

And who the hell is that Emma? She doesn't want the attention?

Yeah, right!

If Terry is black listed by fashion magazine it's not going to be a big drama for him because he doesn't need fashion magazines to work, so no, his career will not end.

What makes me wonder is... how much a photographer has to say when it comes to casting models to photoshoots? I'd guess that the editor in chief is responsible for who is in the issue and who isn't. Of course if a model is not liked by a photographer he/she could refuse working with such person but :idk: I always thought the most important person/people in the magazine are responsible for putting particular people in the magazine.

That said, it is really interesting to see what will come out of these. More and more publications and companies refuse to rehire Richardson but I think he's got too many connections to be swept off from the business easily :unsure:

post-186-0-1446057372-2835_thumb.png

post-186-0-1446057372-26397_thumb.jpg

gawker.com

Huge surprise!

Latest Terry Richardson sex scandal was a hoax: expert

http://pagesix.com/2014/04/23/latest-terry-richardson-sex-scandal-was-a-hoax-expert/?_ga=1.222328351.56723413.1397759881

But sources told us Facebook found the account from which the message was sent in violation of standards of authenticity, and not from a verified Richardson account.

Online forensic expert, Theo Yedinsky, said Facebook had removed the fake account, which he discovered was set up two weeks ago from “some random Gmail account.”

To their credit Gawker reported this but for them to believe it in the first place?  I don't know how the folks who work at this fine site can judge people and talk down to them while they are willing to ignore the fact that any person on the planet can set up an email and facebook account in about 10 minutes.

Terry Richardson Didn't Ask a Model to Trade Sex for a Vogue Shoot

http://gawker.com/terry-richardson-didnt-ask-a-model-to-trade-sex-for-a-v-1567153140/all

• 1 month later...

Terry Richarson Opens Up About Sexual Predator Allegations

post-38290-0-04504100-1403135911_thumb.j

Terry Richardson poses for the cover of New York magazine‘s latest issue, in which he defend himself against sexual misconduct allegations.

Here is what the 48-year-old celebrity photographer had to share with the mag:

On the atmosphere of his sexual shoots: “It was never just me and a girl ever. It was always assistants, or other people around, or girls brought friends over to hang out. It was very daytime, no drugs, no alcohol. It was a happening, there was energy, it was fun, it was exciting, making these strong images, and that’s what it was. People collaborating and exploring sexuality and taking pictures.”

On not forcing models to do anything: “When I was taking those pictures… I was very, like, ‘Cool, sounds great, let’s do it, great, okay, sure, great, cool, if not, no problem, never do anything you don’t want to do, of course, I totally respect that.’” He makes the point that agents and bookers shouldn’t encourage their clients to take on assignments that will make them uncomfortable.”

On if he has any regrets: “I don’t have any regrets about the work at all. but obviously I don’t ever want someone to feel like that. It was never my intention. But also, people do things, and then they have regrets, and that’s also nothing to do with me. Then don’t do pictures like that again … I’m okay with myself about everything, and that to me is the most important thing.”

justjared

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Terry Richarson Opens Up About Sexual Predator Allegations

attachicon.gifterry-richardson-opens-up-about-sexual-predator-allegations.jpg

Terry Richardson poses for the cover of New York magazine‘s latest issue, in which he defend himself against sexual misconduct allegations.

Here is what the 48-year-old celebrity photographer had to share with the mag:

On the atmosphere of his sexual shoots: “It was never just me and a girl ever. It was always assistants, or other people around, or girls brought friends over to hang out. It was very daytime, no drugs, no alcohol. It was a happening, there was energy, it was fun, it was exciting, making these strong images, and that’s what it was. People collaborating and exploring sexuality and taking pictures.”

On not forcing models to do anything: “When I was taking those pictures… I was very, like, ‘Cool, sounds great, let’s do it, great, okay, sure, great, cool, if not, no problem, never do anything you don’t want to do, of course, I totally respect that.’” He makes the point that agents and bookers shouldn’t encourage their clients to take on assignments that will make them uncomfortable.”

On if he has any regrets: “I don’t have any regrets about the work at all. but obviously I don’t ever want someone to feel like that. It was never my intention. But also, people do things, and then they have regrets, and that’s also nothing to do with me. Then don’t do pictures like that again … I’m okay with myself about everything, and that to me is the most important thing.”

justjared

These quotes don't necessarily make him look all that good imho.

• 1 year later...