Bellazon

Who is the first model who caught YOUR EYE?

k_dub

Claudia Schiffer

I grew up with the supermodels, I was maybe seven years (?) (fashion shows went on television all the time and the models appearing in all magazine covers), I looked at her and I was in love, she was perfection to me ... :heart:

Also cindy crawford and Elle Macpherson

model, or woman? i remember being quite small and liking lynda carter in wonderwoman, i think i was six years old...and then it was on to the si swimsuit girls, cheryl tiegs and elle macpherson and their legs...in particular i saw on a show how elle was called "the body" and i thought oh my god! she is so hot she is called the body!...and then i think it was cindy crawford in her glory, the late 80s/early 90s, the mole, her dark hair, tits that weren't too big, but not too small, great lean long frame, like it said in that vanity fair article, a bit of cleavage, not too tacky....and then on to the vs girls i think? ines rivero, laetitia, (isn't it great that it's in her name right there?), heidi.... i might have missed some along the way.

oh, daisy on the dukes of hazzard, she must count...other tv shows?/movies? i remember i liked that girl in those old chevrolet commercials (also on that alaska show?), and sela ward in that show about all those sisters, frankie, teddie, etc...

i remember jessica alba on flipper, blew me away, jennifer love hewitt on party of five, the girl on different strokes, the girl on growing pains chelsea noble, i've always had a think for those brunettes, oh and the mom on silver spoons! erin grey...

cybil shepherd on moolighting, the girl in the video for george michael's father figure, damn, i am trying to go all the way back! this is fun but also hurts my head....

Like you, I recall the vintage days before cosmetic surgery, silicone and tattoos.

My favorite model of the mid-1970s to early-1980s era was Cristina Ferrare.

Favorite Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue model of the mid-1970s: Cheryl Tiegs.

• 1 month later...

Oh, good question on this. I remember seeing and knowing of Elle Macpherson & Cindy Crawford but as far as " CATCHING MY EYE".....

that would have to go to Petra Nemcova, Adriana Lima, and Josie Maran :wub: Those 3 are the ones that introduced me to what VS is and modeling in general.

The VS girls is how I got interested in the modeling industry. But Adriana has been my star. She's the reason I knew about the angels to begin with.

Even though I knew Kate and Naomi first. I didn't get the hype over Kate.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The first one I knew by name? Probably Cheryl Tiegs, I remember her lovely fishnet maillot nippage shot causing a sensation. The first model I really got into was Paulina Porizkova - such a beauty. Then a little later, Cindy Crawford, who I hated at first, after titanic struggle, displaced Paulina in my affections. And I became literally obsessed with Cindy, remaining so to some extent even to this day.

The only other ones that qualified for obsession status were probably Yasmeen Ghauri and Rebecca Romijn. But not to the Cindy level.