Bellazon

1980's VC model ID

nancy

• 2 months later...
The model in the attached appeared in Victoria's Secret catalogs in the mid 80's. I wonder if someone could ID her? Thanks so much!

post-43574-1286135541_thumb.jpg

You bet. Her name is Maylen Pierce. She is my favorite model from that era or any: I think she is simply gorgeous. Why she didn't become a mega-supermodel, I cannot fathom.

-Bubba

That is exactly what I was thinking, if you asked me I would have said that she WAS a supermodel because as far as I can remember she was everywhere all the time. Same for lots of other models of that era. I'll never tell the difference between a supermodel (who was supposed to work a lot) and a "simple model" like her or Roberta who worked a lot but weren't supermodels :blink: Actually for me both of them and some others as well were :D

Anyway, there are six pages of that cosmopolitan edit, if you want the others I'll gladly scan them for you, unless you already have them of course :)

That is exactly what I was thinking, if you asked me I would have said that she WAS a supermodel because as far as I can remember she was everywhere all the time. Same for lots of other models of that era. I'll never tell the difference between a supermodel (who was supposed to work a lot) and a "simple model" like her or Roberta who worked a lot but weren't supermodels :blink: Actually for me both of them and some others as well were :D

Anyway, there are six pages of that cosmopolitan edit, if you want the others I'll gladly scan them for you, unless you already have them of course :)

Hi,

I don't have those images yet, so yes, please do scan and upload them! I'd love to see the rest of what sort of look they went for there (and thanks).

-Bubba

Hello Bubba,

I'm gonna start a thread for her on the "Fashion Model Forum", because here is not the right place to do it you know. I'm going to ask a mod to move this topic to the IDd models :flower:

Hi 66Lucy,

Excellent idea! I don't have many photos of her, and any photo of her I see is a photo I like. What I have, I'll share.

-Bubba

Hello Bubba,

I'm gonna start a thread for her on the "Fashion Model Forum", because here is not the right place to do it you know. I'm going to ask a mod to move this topic to the IDd models :flower:

Hi 66Lucy,

Excellent idea! I don't have many photos of her, and any photo of her I see is a photo I like. What I have, I'll share.

-Bubba

Thank you Bubba :blush:

Here is the link : http://www.bellazon.com/main/index.php?sho...86#entry2404409

We might even find people to help us build the thread ;)