Bellazon

Boardwalk Empire

LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE

Boardwalk Empire is an American television series from premium cable network HBO, set in Atlantic City, New Jersey, during the Prohibition era. Starring Steve Buscemi, the show is adapted from Nelson Johnson's book, Boardwalk Empire: The Birth, High Times, and Corruption of Atlantic City by Emmy Award-winning screenwriter and producer Terence Winter of The Sopranos.[1]

The first episode was directed by Martin Scorsese. On September 1, 2009, HBO picked up the series for an additional 11 episodes.[2] The series debuted on September 19, 2010.[3]

Filming was done on a specially created set in Greenpoint, Brooklyn.[4]

On September 21, 2010, Boardwalk Empire was renewed for a second season after the premiere episode gained HBO's highest ratings for any premiere since 2004's Deadwood.

The show's theme music is "Straight Up and Down" by The Brian Jonestown Massacre, from their 1996 album Take It from the Man!!.

Martin Scorsese's contribution

Martin Scorsese was involved in the project even before creator Terence Winter. He directed the pilot and established the look of the show, which other directors later emulated to make the show feel seamless. He is also one of the executive producers of the show. Winter stated that Scorsese weighs on the casting decisions, watches all the cuts and dailies. Up until the shooting of the show's first season, Scorsese and Winter would meet every Sunday afternoon to review what went on during the week where Scorsese would have comments and suggestions. Martin Scorsese is expected to continue to be creatively involved in the ongoing production and if the series continues—with proper scheduling—he would like to direct more episodes.[5][6]

Reception

Review aggregate Metacritic awarded the series a score of 88 out of 100, based on 29 reviews, indicating Universal acclaim.[7]

Screen Rant gave the pilot episode a positive review describing it: "The pilot episode starts and ends with a bang: consider it a warning shot to the other networks: HBO is back with another hit show and they are laying claim to Sunday night."

Cast

Recurring characters

Watched the First Epi Sunday night, think this is another Win Win for HBO, Steve P was STELLER, as was Mike Pitt, (Mike pitt) is gonna be one to Watch, a Hot head, but i think he is a cold blooded killer, oddly enough with a huge heart, please join in everyone, gives us another good show to watch till TRUE BLOOD Season 4 :evil: :evil:

i was soooooooooooooo happy when that asshole of an abusive husband got killed. that poor woman that was married to him. damn, i would've done it myself.

but, my only complaint was that I could have gone the rest of my lfie without ever, and i mena EVER, see Styeve Buscemi in any kind of a sex scene. that has killed my libido for the week. yuckkkkkkkk. (great actor, but lets face it, one ugly mf'er)

• 2 weeks later...
So happy to see Michael K. Williams again.

True that. HBO has a knack for keeping good actors around. Another former member of the Wire, Chris Bauer, in now on True Blood. Thomas Jane, who played Mickey Mantle in the HBO film 61*, is now the star on Hung.

• 2 weeks later...