Bellazon

Boxing

Being half filipino myself I know how we support our guy. The day after he kicked golden boys ass all my mexican friends were like "damn that Pacquiao" :laugh:

I know about all those fights and theyre gonna be big. But everyone knows UFC is much more popular than boxing these days. It's sad.

Being half filipino myself I know how we support our guy. The day after he kicked golden boys ass all my mexican friends were like "damn that Pacquiao" :laugh:

I know about all those fights and theyre gonna be big. But everyone knows UFC is much more popular than boxing these days. It's sad.

I disagree. I guarantee you no UFC PPV sales have came close to the numbers that Mayweather or Oscar De La Hoya were able to do. Plus, UFC has lost a lot of its lackluster now. Kimbo Slice went down, and the fact that Gina Carano lost to Cyborg is another blow to the woman's circuit. Gina was the face of woman's UFC, mainly because she was attractive. Same thing goes with all woman sports. Most of the other woman in the UFC are manly and rough looking.

TO THE GREAT COMPETITION TO FIND THE BEST FIGHTER IN SUPER MIDDLEWEIGHT

On 12th September is the fight between Mikkel Kessler (WBA world champion/ Super Middleweight) and G. Perdoma. I’m sure that Mikkel Kessler will win this fight with knock out. Then can start the big competition between three American fighters and three European fighters. The fighters are Mikkel Kessler, Carl Froch and Arthur Abraham for Europe and Andre Dirrell, Andre Ward and Jermain Taylor for America. The winner gets the WBC and WBA title. The first great fight in this fantastic competition is between Arthur Abraham and Jermain Taylor on 17th October in Berlin. Abraham wins this fight, because he and Mikkel Kessler (both boxing for Sauerland Event GmbH/Berlin) are the best of the six boxers for me.

Hey k dub!

On 26th September is the Klitschko - Arreola fight in LA! I hope Chris Arreola has a good health insurance? I think he has no chance - you will see! Vitali Klitschko is much better and he has with Fritz Sdunek one of the best coaches in the world.

• 4 weeks later...

Vitali Klitschko - Chris Arreola

Yeah, Vitiali Klitscho won the fight by TKO! Chris Arreola was a good victim for Vitali. Vitali Klitscho won all rounds until to the TKO. The corner of Chris Arreola gave up after the 10th round, because Vitali was too strong. Arreola had taken 301 hard hands of Vitali and Vitali got only 86 punches of Arreola. Chris Arreola can take a lot – respect! … but Vitali Klitschko is the true and great champion!

No biggie. I was hoping Chris Arreola would win, because I feel you need a good, hard, Knockout puncher to make the boxing public excited about the Heavyweight Division, much like Mike Tyson did when he came on the scene. Even so, I picked Klitscho to win, so I am neither shocked or surprised. So the Heavyweight Division is back to boring. :sleep: Nikolay Valuev will most likely make quick work of David Haye, and the the Klitscho Brothers aren't gonna fight each other.

Hey Matt! What did I tell you? They Floyd Mayweather-Juan Manuel Marquez PPV numbers: 1 MILLION BUYS!!! :yes: I guessin' that UFC PPV did't even come CLOSE TO THAT!!! So ya see boxing is NOT DEAD!!! Just gotta make the right fights is all. And it justs rolls along. Next big fight: Miguel Cotto-Manny Pacquaio. Then Lucian Bute-Librado Andrade rematch. And I'm sure you heard about that Middleweight tournament that Taz has mentioned before. Carl Froch, Arthur Abraham, Andre Ward and Andre Dirrell are all undefeated. Mikkel Kessler has only lost to the great Joe Calzaghe, who never lost. Taylor has previously lost to Kelly Pavlik twice, and Froch KO'd him earlier this year. Ward-Kessler, Dirrell-Froch, and Taylor-Abraham all take place this year. Then to end the year, you have Kelly Pavlik vs, Paul Williams. GREAT WAY TO END THE YEAR, HUH?! :D

To k dub

- And all other fans of boxing -

There is also a further big fight this year:

Marco 'Captain' Huck - Ola Afolabi on December 5

Marco Huck is the WBO champion in Cruiserweight and Ola Afolabi the WBO interim champion in Cruiserweight. Marco Huck is a very strong and hard boxer. Okay, he lost the fight with Cunningham, but this world championship fight was too early for him, I think. He did not what his coach said and he lost his boxing line and then the fight… Marco Huck is current only 24 years old and he used his second chance this year. He was before great in kickboxing and won the world championship by the age of 18. After his world champion title in kickboxing he changed to boxing. Marco won all fights as amateur and he became professional boxer in 2004.

Oh, Kelly ‘I do not boxing another world champion, because they could be too strong and I have fear’ Pavlik makes a fights this year either. I hope he will lose this fight! I don’t like Kelly Pavlik!

• 2 weeks later...

Really great fight in Cruiserweight on November 21!

Giacobbe Fragomeni (WBC champion) against Zsolt Erdei !!!

The undefended WBO Light Heavyweight champion Zsolt Erdei (30-0-0(17)) changes to the Cruiserweight! He would like make a fight with the other champions Tavoris Cloud and Gabriel Campillo, but both said know. Zsold Erdei defended his title twelve times successful! Finally, he can win his second title! I hope Zsolt win the fight!

Arthur Abraham came and did his thing. Not at all surprised that he beat Taylor. Jermain Taylor is the weakest boxer in the tournament, and I think he should hang 'em up once this tournament is over.

The main event on the Showtime card was foul, though. Carl Froch is a DIRTY BOXER!!! He holds and hits, and even threw Andre Dirrell down at one point. And Dirrell got penalized a point for LEANING ON HIM?! C'MON!!! Even with all that, I thought Dirrell won the fight. I thought he landed more punches, landed the harder shots, and showed more ring generalship. Unfortunately, the decision went to Froch.

Next part of the tournament will probably be the best one, Mikkel Kessler vs. Andre Ward. That fight takes place in Oakland, Ward's hometown, so they might get judges from different areas as well as a impartial referee, like they did for the Dirrell-Froch fight. Ward is undefeated. However, Kessler has only one loss on his record, and that was against Joe Calzaghe, who retired undefeated.

Hey k dub!

After the fight with Mikkel Kessler, Andre Ward was undefeated! I think Mikkel Kessler will win by KO! Arthur Abraham and Mikkel Kessler are the best fighters in this tournament and they fight both for Sauerland Event GmbH/Germany. Mikkel Kessler was live at the fight and he said he was very impressed of Arthur in an interview. Arthur Abraham makes probably his next fight in USA against Andre Dirrell! I think the most people don’t know followed fact: Arthur Abraham has the hardest hit of all boxers in relation of the weight.

And Kelly Pavlik should be quite about the tournament. He said only bad things about it. But he would not fight with Arthur Abraham (one reason for his change to the higher class, because he will win more titles) and Felix Sturm. I ask me why!? Sauerland Event GmbH (the camp of Arthur Abraham) did all to get a fight with Kelly Pavlik. And Universum Box Promotion tried it also to get the fight Felix Sturm – Kelly Pavlik. But nothing happened…

Gennady Golovkin is the number one in the WBC and WBO ranking where the champion is Kelly Pavlik. I hope Kelly Pavlik will lose the fight in December, if not Golovkin is waiting for him… Gennady Golovkin was world champion as amateur and won the silver medal at the Olympic Games in Greece… if you don't know him.

• 3 weeks later...

Nobody watch Haye v Goliath?! :huh: And I know it's not boxing but did anyone see Fedor's fight?!

Thought Haye earned it, especially when the big Russian went all spaghetti legged for a sec in the last round...

Fedor... Wow! The best fighter on the planet! :yes:

Pacquiao or UFC?! I'm more excited for Manny's fight. :lullaby: Cotto's solid but Pac-man will triumph!

I'm going for Pacquiao in this fight, only because I wanna see what every other fight fan wants to see, him vs. Mayweather. However, I got Cotto winning this fight. Manny is quick and has learned some boxing skills, but he is still a brawler first and foremost. My best guess is that he will revert back to that. Not to mention he is more of a headhunter. Cotto's is a smart boxer-brawler type. He throws mostly to the body and probably has the heavier punch. That will pay dividends in the later rounds. Cotto's wins by SD. And to everybody who are picking Manny to win based on his speed remember this: Cotto has fought fast fighters before, like Shane Mosley and Zab Judah, and HE WON!!!

As for the UFC, look what happened last time they went against a big boxing match. :whistle:

Nobody watch Haye v Goliath?! :huh:

No. Was that fight even televised in the U.S.? Not that I care. Outside of the Klitschko brothers, I don't care for the Heavyweights that much.

Well, k_dub was right about British fighters. I mean look at David Haye, he just got whooped by that giant-

Oh, wait.

Yeah, SO WHAT?! :cain: He beat Valuev, WOW!!! :whistle: So, maybe now he'll have the balls to face one of the Klitschko brothers? http://www.newkerala.com/nkfullnews-1-148544.html

Oh, so he's AFRAID!!! ;) :surrender: LITTLE BRITISH SISSY BOY!!! <_<

No. Was that fight even televised in the U.S.? Not that I care. Outside of the Klitschko brothers, I don't care for the Heavyweights that much.

No :whistle: ... but we have our sources :ninja:

You're right on Cotto though... They're pretty even in my book but I'll keep my $$ on Pac.

UFC 105 = :yuckky:

Well, k_dub was right about British fighters. I mean look at David Haye, he just got whooped by that giant-

Oh, wait.

Yeah, SO WHAT?! :cain: He beat Valuev, WOW!!! :whistle: So, maybe now he'll have the balls to face one of the Klitschko brothers? http://www.newkerala.com/nkfullnews-1-148544.html

Oh, so he's AFRAID!!! ;) :surrender: LITTLE BRITISH SISSY BOY!!! <_<

Haha, the obnoxious big lettering, how predictable. Please don't give me a wedgie after recess, you big meanie. :cain: I don't even care about Haye, I just wanted to see you get bent out of shape about it. BIG LETTERS GRR WAR OF INDEPENDENCE USA USA lololol