Bellazon

Boxing

Dudes... watch out for Hatton vs. Pacquiao in early spring.

I've heard Mayweather wants a piece of Pacman too. That may take longer... if it even happens. There's no logical reason for Floyd to risk his perfect record over this.

There's two potentially amazing fights coming up next year... I'm hyped.

Hatton would get his ASS KICKED!!! :yes: I never liked Hatton, so I wanna see that. :D

I'm doubting that Mayweather is gonna come back to fight anybody. After all, he already passed his p4p crown to "Bad" Chad Dawson/

The 2nd potentially amazing fight coming up, that would be the Mosley-Margarito fight. Its gonna go down in January.

Well, supposedly Hatton-Pacquiao is a done deal. Both parties already agreed that such a fight would take place on May 2nd of next year. The only thing that has to be determined it the site. I know that Wembley Stadium holds 90,000, but would make it even a longer flight for Pacquiao, who lives in the Philippines and trains in L.A. Plus, they would have to hold it at 2:00 or 3:00 in the morning over there so the American market would tune in at a reasonable time. And let's face it, you want to make the big time and money, you gotta fight in the U.S. Therefore, it is most likely gonna take place in Las Vegas. I got Manny KO'ing Hatton, most likely in the 8th or 9th round.

• 1 month later...

THE CHAMPION RETURNS - YEAH!

RUSLAN CHAGAEV (WBA heavyweight world champion from Uzbekistan) has his next fight on 7th February 2009. His opponent is Carl Davis Drumond from Costa Rica. He is also unbeaten like the champion. I hope Ruslan Chagaev is really fit for the fight, because he had a longer break with injury and operation.

• 3 months later...

I always knew that Hatton was nothing but another hyped up British fighter. And I hate the ENGLISH!!! :mad: ARROGANT THEY ARE!!! :cain: Pacquiao is still the No.#1 p4p king, and with Mayweather coming back, and Cotto fighting next month, the future of boxing looks very BRIGHT!!! :D Imagine the possible matchups later this year. Obviously will want to see Pacquiao vs. Mayweather. I still ride with Floyd, but with Arum involved, might not happen. Cotto-Pacquiao is possible. Mosley might be involved in the mix as well.

lol @ the LA Lakers avatar guy calling anyone else arrogant.

Whatever. Lakers rep my city, I rep the Lakers. The English, on the other hand hype themselves up. Hatton was talking big ish about how he was SOOO MUCH BETTER than Mayweather and Pacquiao prior to the fights they had. :whistle: Did you see the 24/7s' on HBO? After Floyd put it on him, he says it was a fluke and blamed the referee. The Brits, sissy boys they are, agreed with him. SORE LOSERS THEY ARE!!!:mad: Prior to the fight with Pacquiao, he said Manny's victory over Oscar wasn't legit because DLH was a shell of himself. ARROGANCE!!! :angry: And when Pacquiao put it on him :dance: :hell yea!: :ddr: :clap: :blueeyedbaby: :laugh: :rofl:, well you really can't say anything when the guy takes you out in 2 ROUNDS!!! :D

Haye is hopefully the next Brit bout to go down. See, that is how it is, on a individual level with the Limeys. I love my Lakers, and I think they are the best NBA team right now. However, that is popular opinion. Are we the best NBA team. Time will tell.

Hatton's comments are indicative of the hype and bravado that surrounds boxing, his nationality has nothing to do with that whatsoever.

You sure about that? Maybe it is just me, but the most hyped and shit talkers in boxing seem to come from that country. Hatton, Prince Naseem Hamed, and now David Haye. The first two talked the most and were hyped the most, but both folded when they fought legitimate fighters in their prime. Both looked good against no-name fighters and good fighters who were over the hill. And with Haye fighting Klitschko, I guess I'm gonna be singing 'Another Brit BITES THE DUST!!!' CLAP-CLAP!!! :rofl:

• 5 weeks later...

REALLY GREAT FIGHT ON 20th JUNE!

Ruslan Chagaev (WBA World Champion/Heavyweight) has a fight with Wladimir Klitschko (IBF, WBO, IBO Champion). That is so great! Ruslan Chagaev’s fight with Nikolai Valuev was cancelled, because of the infection of Ruslan. Nikolai Valuev was scared (I think to lose a second time against Chagaev and not for the infection, because Ruslan had this infection also at the first fight) and the fight was cancelled. For Wladimir Klitschko is this all not a problem. You can read on his new shirts “fit and vaccinated”! Actually, Wladimir would make the fight with David Haye on 20th June, but Haye got an injury. Wladimir Klitschko searched another great opponent. Valuev said no (fear!?), but the undefeated Chagaev has no fear. Now is a great fight in the “Veltins Arena”. It is the soccer stadium of the German club FC Schalke 04 and there will be over 60000!!! spectators to see this big fight live. (In this stadium are next year also games during the hockey world championship and they would get a new record for the most spectators at a hockey world championship game)

The Heavyweight are so BORING!!! I guess the like it in Europe, though. Not to mention, heavyweight boxing over there is so popular and lucrative over there they have no need to come to the U.S. However, all the exciting fights, which are in the lower weight classes, happen here, in the U.S., so I'm looking forward to next weekend and beyond. First up, we Got Miguel Cotto vs. Joshua Clottey. Both have interesting pasts, and both have fought Zab Judah and Antonio Margarito. Cotto beat Judah via 11th round TKO. However, Judah was able to hurt Cotto on occasion, and is known for having a shakey chin. Clottey has also beaten Judah, with some controversy. It was stopped by a cut caused by a headbutt in the 9th round, even though the replay showed to cut was caused by a punch, which Clottey should have won. However, it went to the scorecards. Luckily, the judges got it right, and Clottey was declared the winner. He was never hurt by Judah.

Both lost to Margarito. Cotto his first fight of his career. He was bleeding profusely and decided to quit by taking a knee 2 times in the 11th round. Now that loss has since become controversial, since Margarito has been caught trying to cheat prior to his fight with Shane Mosley by having plaster of Paris in his gloves, so who knows how long he has been using that? Clottey also lost to Margarito. Clottey lasted the whole 12 rounds, and was actually winning the fight in the early stages. However, he hurt his hand around the 4th or 5th round, and was not able to fight effectively after the injury.

I got Cotto winning by a close, but unanimous decision. Clottey should put up a good fight, though.

Then, in July, Floyd Mayweather makes his comeback by fighting Juan Manuel Marquez. Then one of the fighters already mentioned will most likely face Manny Pacquiao is October. The fans wanna see Mayweather fight Pacquiao, but since Bob Arum has both Pacquiao and Cotto, that is the easiest fight to make. Should Cotto and/or Mayweather lose their upcoming fights, Shane Mosley is another possible opponent for Pacquiao.

The rest of the boxing world this year LOOKS GOOD!!!

• 2 months later...
Malignaggi is a prick but he got robbed against Juan Diaz.

no one cares about boxing though, theyre busy watching ufc

True, Malignaggi should have won. Lot of politics involved. It was is Houston, Juan Diaz's hometown. Two of the ringside judges were also from Texas. They have a saying that if you fight in a guy's hometown, you have to KO him just to get a draw. :confused: Not to mention, Diaz's style of fighting is more crowd-pleasing than Paulie's, which means he's more marketable. And because of that, I doubt this loss will rejuvenate his career the way it did for Marco Antonio Barra when his lost his 1st fight of the trilogy he had with Erik Morales.

NOT TRUE, MATT!!! :cain: Plenty of us care about boxing. Next month, Floyd Mayweather Jr. will make his comeback fighting Juan Manuel Marquez. PPV sales will be thru THE ROOF!!! :yes: Mexicans and Mexican-Americans alike are known for supporting their fellow countrymen by either attending those fights or tuning in. Add to the fact that many boxing fans and non-boxing fans hate Mayweather and his big mouth. I like Mayweather, so I will be tuning in, rooting for him. I'm in the minority, though. Many will tune in, hoping that he loses.

In November, the No.#1 Pound-For-Pound boxer in the world, and currently its biggest superstar, Manny Pacquiao will be facing Miguel Cotto. U being from Philly, I'm sure you might know some Puerto Ricans who are hyped about that fight. Me, being from California, know Philipinos who are hyped about that fight. Couple with that the fact that Cotto's one loss is not controversial since that one blemish on his record was to Antonio Margacheato, you are looking at another PPV BLOCKBUSTER!!! :D

And supposedly Shane Mosley will have a fight before this year is over. A December 5th date has been set, but the opponent is TBA. Paul Williams is a possible opponent. He was getting ready to face Middleweight champ Kelly Pavlik, but the fight have been postponed due to Pavlik having a staph infection on a knuckle on his left hand. However, I'm guessing it would be difficult for Williams to go back down to 147 in time for the fight, if he can even go that low at this stage of his career. Andre Berto is another possible opponent. He is the WBC welterweight champion. However, it was vacated when Floyd retired. He is still a little green, so I doubt his handlers would want him to face Mosley at this time. That leads to Joshua Clottey. Clottey is a good fighter who in his last fight lost a close SD decision to Miguel Cotto, somewhat controversial. I think that would be to best and easiest fight to make.

So, Matt, pretty interesting, HUH?!