Bellazon

Karolina Kurkova
Thumbnail

rosada

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Karolina Kurkova Signs with Wilhelmina Models

NEW YORK, Dec. 6,2017 /PRNewswire/ Wilhelmina, the world's leading talent and model management agency, is pleased to announce representation of Karolina Kurkova. The Czech-born Kurkova has established herself as a fashion and entertainment icon over the past fifteen years, most notably gracing best-selling covers of fashion magazines worldwide, starring in numerous high-fashion campaigns, co-starring in a hit film franchise, and parlaying her talent into the world of television. Kurkova has starred in fashion and beauty campaigns for internationally iconic clients such as, Chanel, Yves Saint Laurent, Celine, Louis Vuitton, Gucci and more. She has made over 400 runway appearances for such diverse designers as Michael Kors, Helmut Lang, Donna Karan, Marc Jacobs and more. Kurkova was also chosen to wear the $15 million jeweled Fantasy Bra for Victoria's Secret in 2002.

As the company celebrates its 50 th year in business, Wilhelmina will represent Karolina Kurkova in the fashion space furthering her already exemplary career through world-class styling, editorials, carefully curated campaigns, and endorsement deals with the agency's large global network of top clients.

"Karolina's look is timeless; she is not only a supermodel but a super-mother, humanitarian and entrepreneur. We look forward to creating great work together," said, Bill Wackermann, Wilhelmina's CEO.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwgeeks/article/Karolina-Kurkova-Signs-with-Wilhelmina-Models-20171206

EXCLUSIVE: Karolína Kurková Signs With Wilhelmina Models

She was previously represented by One Model Management in New York.

By Alexa Tietjen on December 6, 2017

Karolína Kurková is entering the new year under new management. WWD has exclusively learned that the Czech-born model has signed with Wilhelmina Models.

“Karolína’s look is timeless; she is not only a supermodel but a super-mother, humanitarian and entrepreneur. We look forward to creating great work together,” says Bill Wackermann, Wilhelmina’s chief executive officer.

Throughout her modeling career, Kurkova, 33, has been featured in fashion and beauty campaigns for Chanel, Yves Saint Laurent, Céline, Louis Vuitton and Gucci. She has made more than 400 runway appearances for designers including Michael Kors, Helmut Lang, Donna Karan, Marc Jacobs and more. She was formerly a Victoria’s Secret Angel and was chosen to wear the Fantasy Bra on two separate occasions — first in 2002 and again in 2006.

Beyond her work in fashion, Kurková has ventured into the entertainment industry. In 2007, she played Pia in “My Sexiest Year,” a romantic comedy starring Frankie Muniz. She appeared in the 2009 movie “G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra” and was a guest judge on “America’s Next Top Model” in 2010. She was previously signed to One Model Management in New York.

http://wwd.com/eye/people/karolina-kurkova-signs-wilhelmina-models-11064806/

I'm really curious to see how this goes for her. Obviously, KK hasn't been satisfied with the work she's been getting over the past couple of years. I wish she had signed on with DNA instead, but on the other hand - she's really the only BIG name supermodel on Wilhelmina's current roster, so maybe they'll work super hard for her. 

Crossing my fingers this is a smart decision. I'd love to see KK make a comeback!

ELLE RUSSIA JANUARY 2018: KAROLINA KURKOVA BY GILLES BENSIMON

raVu81mA_t.jpg

COVER STORY

"ЭТО ТОЛЬКО НАЧАЛО" ("IT IS ONLY THE BEGINNING")
Photographer: Gilles Bensimon
Stylist: Ekaterina Mukhina
Hair: Helene Bidart
Make-Up: Lloyd Simmonds
Model: Karolina Kurkova

Source: Elle Russia Digital Edition -- By Zorka at the Fashion Spot

iQseAneA_t.jpg Sm6Qti4u_t.jpg APX3kTED_t.jpg

gPBgyhbp_t.jpg 6NkJWtO8_t.jpg QXZdvjAm_t.jpg

HRo9K62Y_t.jpg 5mwdsTgJ_t.jpg b9FgJQ8D_t.jpg

7GJaQZaN_t.jpg jWK83jYN_t.jpg uSZ3whim_t.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...