Bellazon

Mad Men

AnaBBarrosFan

• 3 weeks later...

MEGA face-palm!

But honestly, am I the ONLY person who loves Megan? I think she's lovely. It won't last, obviously, but the moment she hugged Sally I was like: "AWWWW!!!" She seems smarter and much more manipulative than his past conquests. I'm tempted to think she's a sweetie, yes, and is attracted to him, but more-so than anything she wants a copy-writers position (like she told him that night they banged). I can ASSURE you, though, Peggy WILL NOT be taking it well if/when it happens. Pegs has worked so hard to get to where she is to just have megan waltz in there and get a spot simply cause she's engaged to love-struck Don.

For anyone watching this season:

Is it just me, or is Joan annoying as fuck unless she's with Roger? They are so incredible together. :heart:

She is a horrible person when she isn't with Sterling but for some strange reason that's why I love her so much...lol

They are meant to be together and now with her little secret....idk what the hell is gonna happen with these two

• 2 months later...

It's quite the rarity for a TV show to make your jaw drop with such simple, tiny details. The depiction of children playing with plastic bags for example, or characters driving home after several drinks - stuff that was presumably commonplace back then, but looks shocking today. Little touches like that absolutely blow me away.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

what does everyone think about this season so far? To me it's bizarre. They all of a sudden took the show in a totally different direction. I like some things and dislike others. I have to admit, Megan has grown on me. I love her will to stick up for herself.

I loved Megan singing zou bisou bisou, it was definitely refreshing and a great scene but there were so many great scenes so far this season I would have trouble calling that one was one of the best. I loved the intense scenes between Don and Megan (with the exception of Megan's cheesy lines in the last big fight they had) and I actually loved Joanie's scene with her husband this season. Powerful and great writing.

I've only just finished season 1.

For a fashion forum, there doesn't seem to be much talk about how incredibly awesome the clothes are. Immaculate tailoring with clean lines and a lot of attention to detail :woot:

It seems to me that this season is referencing current events (that is to say, the current events of the time) far more than in previous episodes, and that there are a few more laughs sprinkled in. Roger's 'Frere Jacques' routine cracked me up, as did the line "there's my baby. Move that brat out of the way so I can see her". :rofl:

Overall, I think it's shaping up well. :yes: