Bellazon

Breaking Bad

Prettyphile

Fan made trailer

Breaking Bad is an American drama that is created and produced by Vince Gilligan, and is a production of Sony Pictures Television. The series is currently broadcast in the United States and Canada on the cable channel AMC. It premiered on January 20, 2008. As of 2010, three seasons comprising 33 episodes have aired.

Set and produced in Albuquerque, New Mexico, Breaking Bad is the story of Walter White (Bryan Cranston), a struggling high school chemistry teacher who is diagnosed with terminal lung cancer at the beginning of the series. To provide for his family's future, he turns to a life of crime, producing and selling methamphetamine with his former student Jesse Pinkman (Aaron Paul) in a desire to secure his family's financial future.

Breaking Bad has received widespread critical acclaim, particularly for its writing as well as Bryan Cranston's and Aaron Paul's performances, and has won four Emmy Awards in addition to numerous other awards and nominations.

Reception:

Breaking Bad has received critical acclaim in addition to two Emmy Awards for its first season. It won the award for best editing, and Bryan Cranston won for best actor in a drama series. Breaking Bad in 2008 also won a Peabody Award for excellence in television broadcasting.

Linda Stasi of the New York Post stated "the acting is as good as you'll see on TV." Time said the series "has the elements of success". Ken Tucker of Entertainment Weekly rated season one a "B+". National Review commentator Jonah Goldberg has referred to the program as "the best show on TV" (emphasis in original) and to the character White as "a mensch at sea" (emphasis in original).

The second season opener was watched by 1.7 million people, up 21% from the previous season.

The second season received Emmy nominations for Outstanding Drama Series, Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series (Bryan Cranston) and Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series (Aaron Paul). Cranston also won for Outstanding Lead Actor.

The third season premiere was the highest rated episode in the series' history; having been watched by 2 million viewers, with an additional 1.1 million watching while the episode was re-aired later on the premiere night.

WATCH ONLINE:

If you've missed any of the three seasons. http://www.sidereel.com/Breaking_Bad has every episode to date.

Season One: http://www.sidereel.com/Breaking_Bad/season-1

Season Two: http://www.sidereel.com/Breaking_Bad/season-2

Season Three: http://www.sidereel.com/Breaking_Bad/season-3

It's a lot to watch if you've never seen the show, and waiting the 54 mins for Megavideo sucks, however I PROMISE you it's worth watching.

This and Dexter are the two best shows that are still going right now.

It's funny, I only knew Bryan Cranston as Tim Whatley from Seinfeld, which is a million miles from Walter White. He's so fucking good in this show :blink:

I'm itching for season 4 to start :chicken:

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Final 8 Episode Titles
Episode 509 - 'Blood Money': As Walt and Jesse adjust to life outside of the business, Hank grapples with a troubling lead.
Episode 510 - 'Buried': While Skyler's past catches up with her, Walt covers his tracks. Jesse continues to struggle with his guilt.
Episode 511 - 'Confessions': Jesse decides to make a change, while Walt and Skyler try to deal with an unexpected demand.
Episode 512 - 'Rabid Dog': An unusual strategy starts to bear fruit, while lans are set in motion that could change everything. Note: Every season of "Breaking Bad" has featured an episode whose title contains an animal name.
Episode 513 - 'To'hajiilee': Things heat up for Walt in unexpected ways. NOTE: The title is the name of a Navajo reservation in New Mexico.
Episode 514 - 'Ozymandias': Everyone copes with radically changed circumstances. NOTE: Named after the Shelley poem about the inevitable fall of kings and empires.
Episode 515 - 'Granite State': Events set in motion long ago move toward a conclusion. NOTE: The Granite State is New Hampshire. Is this when we catch up to the events seen in "Live Free or Die"?
Episode 516 - 'Felina': The series finale. NOTE: "Felina" is an anagram for "finale" and also is related to the word feline.

advKjSHU.jpg

Ok, so I'm half way through season 2, so far I like where the show is going, the acting is excellent, the best I've seen in tv in recent years along with Sons of Anarchy. What I really like about the show is they develop the characters in a way that you feel that you know them, not just small fractions of the character every other episode butt you get the whole picture or at least try to figure it out. Another thing I like is the long scenes between two characters (any two), they really shine during those scenes. I though the show was going to be a bit more 'explosive' or action packed, but so far it's just used when necessary (I'm thinking they kept that for the last seasons). Watching Walter talk about chemistry and practicing it really makes me want to study chemistry again :p I'm interested to see the transition of Walter to Heisenberg and also where the Jesse character is going. Walter's decision to cook meth as he is 'dying' really makes you rethink your life, life is really about taking risks and I feel he has done a 180° based on those opportunities he missed. I also want to see how Grey Matter is going to be involved in coming episodes. I seriously can't believe the tv I was watching back when this and other shows started, this is so much better! But I guess taste changes over time, anyway gonna keep watching BB! :D

^ One thing I like about this show is how the premise and "moral" is constantly evolving. It also makes you think why do people do the things they do even when the apparent motivating factor is no longer valid ;) Actions & behaviors are not always as simple as black or white. It often Gray :)