Bellazon

2011 SI Swimsuit

It's annoying how models these days need to date someone famous in order to become popular to the general public... Or branch out into acting in big movies. unfortunately actresses and singers are taking away the shine of models especially in th US. Man back in the day (80's 90's,early 2000's) models became big on their own.... those were the days. Whether you like her or not you gotta give props to Marissa for making a name on her own she's doing really well in making a brand for herself. I personally don't like Jessica White because she in particular seems like she's using people to get more known... not that other's don't do it but she in particular has a way that makes it more obvious.

with no means to start some crazy discussion (as some poeple here just wait for me to post one sentence so that start thier rant ;) ), i wanted to say that i agree with you about models nowadays, dating famous guys to earn some fame and money.

also agree about jesica 100%!!!! lol

but the thing is---- back in the days models also dated famous men, i mean, this is the way to get to the top--yes, you have to be pretty, yes, ypou have to have potential and ambition, but a lot of times, it is the man who takes you to the top.

even american vogue had some cover once, saying--the real lives of models---the men who made them.

so, in both cases, you need someone famous at first, to get you support, and then you go on with your life and career.

the difference now i think is that models dont even bother to hide that man and make it on their own (in the public eye). they just come out publically to attract as much attention and as instantly as possible.

even american vogue had some cover once, saying--the real lives of models---the men who made them.

I'm pretty sure this headline comes from 2009 Vogue US issue with models on the cover and "the man" it meant was Steven Meisel, the photographer who hadn't dated any of the models from this cover.... wrote this just to clear this up, because the rest of the post is true :)

So, Darcie tweeted that Damaris is the first veteran of the year so we have ...

- A girl who looks like Esti Ginzburg

- A girl who looks a lot like Irina Shaik

- A girl who could be Damaris twin

- Damaris Lewis

You're doing a great job with your models SI! :ninja:

I think some "for sures" are Irina, Damaris, Cintia, Hilary, Esti, Christi Tiegen (really sure of that one) Anne V. (really sure of that one), Jessica Gomes, Jessica White, Julie Henderson (pretty sure of that one) Lucia, and I HOPE Tori Praver again. I bet the cover goes to Christi, it's just a hunch but I know MJ LOVES her AND her b/f, John Legend! I don't see the big deal with her but I just know she's in the mag and maybe the cover. I don't think the person who really "deserves" the cover will get it. :ninja:

Do you think Diane Smith has more say-so about the cover than MJ or Darcie?

Seems like there are a lot of short legs this year or is it just my imagination? and a lot of rubber boots? What's up with that??? :blink:

Izabel Goulart & her tinny little buttie will shoot for SI in Singapore! She's on her way to the location! :clap: :hell yea!: :woot:

From World Fashion News

Sports Illustrated Swimsuit: Izabel Goulart is the only brazilian model confirmed as one of the faces of the big issue. Location: Singapore!

& theen Iza tweeted

iza_goulart

Hello everyone!I am on my way to Singapure,first stop..Dubai!the job I am shooting in Singapure its a dream I always had!can't wait!xoxo

YES. i just found out about Iza- so cool ,it's about time :drool:

From her Twitter- Twitter.com/Iza_Goulart

"Hey guys just got my call sheet!never been so happy!shooting for Sports Ilustrated with Steve Erle!for the next 3 days I will post great behind the scene pictures!follow me in Singapure! "

Two of the rookies have tattos that can be seen on the pictures, one of them has one in the leg & the other in her wrist ... But i can't think of models with those tattos >.<

0785ea93696342.jpg8bbf3093696363.jpg

th_24a24993696350.jpg/monthly_08_2010/post-18831-0-1593825199-13289_thumb.jpg" class="ipsImage ipsImage_thumbnailed" alt="Dibujo.jpg">

The blonde rookie at first, i though it was Renata Kuerten, but Renata's hair is darker & i think she was doing the MDFT thing