Bellazon

2011 SI Swimsuit

I like Kate, she looks great ... Hope she delivers in the mag, i was so excited with Genevieve last year & she was an epic fail to me >.<

I think this other girl is a rookie too, her name is Tina Brady & i never heard of her before, but i noticed MJ & started following her on twitter (& she only follows SI models), as well as SI photographer Bjorn Iooss who shot in the past locations, so i think there's s big chance she's one of the rookies

57498a100985088.jpg ab4d8c100985092.jpg 613759100985095.jpg

So, that would be three rookies we know already: Izabel Goulart, Kate Upton & Tina Brady

Yeah, I saw that on somewhere earlier, possibly LVSM, and so Tina's already on the list! I think Tori Praver could have been shot again this year as well, because MJ started following her on twitter too! And I still think Jessica Gomes has a beautiful look, very exotic and gorgeous, and i think the curves might still be there, just hidden in the camera angles and positions. She's got more then i'll ever have, that's all I know, haha!

Nop, no Bar in 2011 :( & as much as i would love to see Kim back i doubt it =/

BTW, somebody asked for Cintia & Brooklyn ... Brooklyn will be there 100% i have no idea if she shot already tho, i think she did but im not sure, as for Cintia i hope we have her back next year because she rocked it in 2010 but i don't know anything about her

I think this other girl is a rookie too, her name is Tina Brady & i never heard of her before, but i noticed MJ & started following her on twitter (& she only follows SI models), as well as SI photographer Bjorn Iooss who shot in the past locations, so i think there's s big chance she's one of the rookies

So, that would be three rookies we know already: Izabel Goulart, Kate Upton & Tina Brady

I like how it goes from you think Tina Brady could be a rookie in one sentence, to you know she's a rookie in the next. :p

I like how it goes from you think Tina Brady could be a rookie in one sentence, to you know she's a rookie in the next. :p

I never said im 100% sure Tina is a rookie, i meant that IF Tina is a rookie then we already know three new names :blink:

The if was just implied, haha. And i think that the shoots they're on now, or were on, were some of the last ones they were shooting at locations. So maybe she did shoot already....which is surprising, because I though MJ and Darcie would be all over twitpics with her and not hiding her. Then again, she could have been the "famous" face they didn't want to show, as darcie mentioned.

This may be a stupid question but how do the models actually get chosen for SI? I don't understand why certain models are included over others. In my opinion the most beautiful rookies with the most unique looks never make it into the magazine in a back to back appearance. So I guess what i'm trying to say is bring back Lucia Dvorska please! She is has such an amazing look and is such a nice person.

One thing I would love to see SI do would to have a shot or two that are more provocative than usual, that sort of push the envelope towards toplessness (but are still tasteful and classy of course). I can't believe that there's been no progress in this area since the Cheryl Tiegs fishnet maillot shot 30 years ago! ;)

For instance like this shot that Rebecca did for GQ. I've never seen a scan of it that was HQ enough to break the Bellazon Rules, but if it was you'd see what I mean. What I love about it is that the way's it's set up, with her not facing the camera, it's like you're seeing that little crescent of pink by accident. Sexy. Except that you know damn well that it was not an accident, that they calculated to the millimeter how much they would show. Double sexy. ;)

post-20341-1291478022_thumb.jpg

This may be a stupid question but how do the models actually get chosen for SI? I don't understand why certain models are included over others. In my opinion the most beautiful rookies with the most unique looks never make it into the magazine in a back to back appearance. So I guess what i'm trying to say is bring back Lucia Dvorska please! She is has such an amazing look and is such a nice person.

I'm no expert, but it's like a rotation process i'm pretty sure. The obvious ones that have been used time and time again come back (Anne V, Irina, Brooklyn, Julie, Damaris the Jessicas, etc..) and are asked back because of the appeal they've always had. Their relationships with the editors have obviously become pretty close, and they go over well in the magazine, especially with quite a few of them and their connections to celebrity and media figures. Then 6 Rookies are chosen....that process is where I really have no clue what goes on, but in the end the next year I think 3 (don't quote me) rookies are asked to return for the next issue. This also probably depends on their relationship with the editors and everything, and how well the appeal for them went over last year. Chrissy Teigen is the perfect example for this. She shot last year, has an active twitter that MJ and Darcie constantly comment on, she's been friends with Brooklyn for a while and is dating John Legend. Media connections, good relationships, etc etc. I'm pretty sure she was found through Brooklyn, but i'm not sure about the other girls. I bet there's castings and everything, maybe, but again I have no idea. I'd love if they'd explain it sometime!