Bellazon

Inception

Cult Icon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
monongahela said:
The film in no way lives up to all the hype.

I haven't actually seen it yet (planning on changing that soon) but I really don't feel as if it's been overly hyped. It just so happens to be the only 'summer blockbuster' that people are expecting something decent from.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It probably helped that I was sold on seeing it after the first teaser trailer and therefore didn't feel the need to investigate further, but this was the first film in a while that I've managed to avoid having spoiled by thick-headed marketing, or being spoon fed half the storyline before going in. I thought they did a terrific job of keeping the plot under wraps, and the movie was all the more enjoyable because of it. Well worth checking out.

On 7/27/2010 at 6:33 PM, specdude said:

the first 30 minutes were interesting . After that it was all predictable and typical action crap.

I wouldn't envy the person charged with the task of making a movie you'd deem unpredictable, then. :laugh:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Inception was quite amazing to me. I give it a 8.5/10

Do you guys think he was dreaming in the end?

Michael Cain and Nolan both said whether it was a dream or not. :wave:

I ignored both interviews because I don't care what the real ending is. Not being sure makes the experience of that film all the more rewarding for me, because it reminds me that whether it's a dream or not isn't the point. :blush:

Inception was quite amazing to me. I give it a 8.5/10

Do you guys think he was dreaming in the end?

Michael Cain and Nolan both said whether it was a dream or not. :wave:

I ignored both interviews because I don't care what the real ending is. Not being sure makes the experience of that film all the more rewarding for me, because it reminds me that whether it's a dream or not isn't the point. :blush:

Thats also why I think it was an incredible film. It leaves it open for the viewer to think............ :whistle:

• 1 month later...

This is definitely one of my favorite films ever. Christopher Nolan is a GENIUS. He makes these complex, confusing yet amazing, captivating and epic films. The acting, plot, characters, special effects, everything about this movie. I loved the movie... I even cried! I have to admit, though, the first time I saw it, the ending confusing the heck out of me. My mind was blown. I left the theater thinking "what the fuck?" But that's what's so great about the movie, it leaves you thinking about it and you have to go through every concept of it. I love endings like that!

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...