Bellazon

Mods, Privacy, IP Adresses & Closed Topics.

Jimmy Changa

you out of all people should know why we are able to see the IP's Mr. Changa

Hi!

I am concerned not about you or any other admins.

I am concerned about mods.

Because anyone can be a mod. They just have to ask.

That's why.

Supposing that Miss Isabella takes another user name and becomes a mod?

that was a PM from Heidegger...now to answer your question....if we couldnt see the IP's we wouldnt be able to ban Miss Isabella so many times, she still does come on bellazon but most of the time as a guest....when she joins we pinpoint the new proxy she is using and ban her.....yes anyone can be a mod but guess who makes the mods, the admins make the mods and the way we run this board a mod cant be made unless all the admins approve of it. all the mods can do is see the IP's they cant do any bannings or blocks on the IP....if they might suspect something, then the come to an admin and we take care of that.....our how about when we have troubling members that cause problems, banning the username doesnt only do it we ban their ip if we have to but what if they come with a proxy well....the IP tracker that IPB has lets you know if they are using a proxy to block their real IP.

the reason i closed the other thread....its none of the members business, thats why.

you out of all people should know why we are able to see the IP's Mr. Changa

the reason i closed the other thread....its none of the members business, thats why.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fuck dude, relax. If you actually read my post you will see that I am not wondering why you can or why you need to see my IP address. I know why. I just thought it would be good for the members to know why. It could be handled in a professional manner. You don't need to get bent out of shape just because someone wants to understand something. If you don't know how to explain it without freaking out maybe you should defer to someone who can. There is a little thing called delegation. It's about employing with particular strengths....look into it.

They get their privileges removed ... AFTER they fucked someone over.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

while you make a good point, isnt that usually how life works? you dont get thrown into jail until AFTER you fuck someone over (either by stealing, selling drugs, or whatever). you dont get punished by your parents or a teacher until you do something wrong.

etc etc

prevent what? there are 4 mods currently. two who do the bulk of the work (no offense to the other two we still love you). at the moment, there is no one asking to be mod, and there isnt really a need at the present time from what i can tell. no one was talking about making anyone a mod except heidegger.

oh yes and for the record, admins also moderate when they see something wrong.