Bellazon

Gemma Ward
Thumbnail

rosada

170511todfilmpirates101.jpg

kinopoiskrupiratesofthe.jpg

Ward makes a splash in Pirates

Gemma Ward has made a splashy entry into the world of big-budget Hollywood movie-making playing a mermaid in the latest Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides.

Early footage suggested that the Perth supermodel-turned-actress would only have a fleeting role in the fourth Pirates movie, just another gorgeous babe paid to don a fishy tail and seduce the salty dogs seeking the Fountain of Youth.

But Ward's role, though brief, is crucial and a real eye-opener, in which she weakens the knees of one poor fool before unleashing hell.

On Stranger Tides director Rob Marshall - who has one of the best eyes for female flesh after making Memoirs of a Geisha and Nine - was highly complimentary of Ward, who received positive reviews for her feature debut The Black Balloon and appeared on stage in Perth in The Ugly One.

"She's very beautiful and I needed someone with really striking features because she's actually the first mermaid you see in the film so it's important that viewers understand why these mermaids would be so irresistible," Marshall says.

I saw "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" this afternoon. Gemma was very mesmerizing when she was on screen, though it was sadly only for about 2 minutes. She was the first mermaid they show in the movie and was very strikingly beautiful. She also sings to enchant the sailors.

The pictures in post #3423 showing Gemma as a mermaid do not do her justice. They are nothing compared to seeing her in motion on the big screen. She really shines in the movie, and I am not saying that just because I am a fan of hers.

And for anyone who was wondering, Gemma's face is still just as beautiful as it always has been. :hehe:

Just saw Pirates 4 and I have to say how beautiful she was as a mermaid....she completely took my breath away she was so gorgeous in it!!! :drool:

So did I, and I also have to applaud her! She was a natural, definitely stood out among the other mermaids...even after they turned scary, haha. She really captivated the audience, I overhead several people asking who she was. Very promising for her future!