Bellazon

Models turning actresses

PAL

gisele plays in the devil wears prada (good original tittle??) btw I don't think she's nor so good looking nor a good actress... but that's my opinion

milla is a great actress!!! I like her as a model in her early years, now she looks like she doesn't care bout her look :( but as an actress she's great !!

monica is the summum : she'es a goddess!!!!

kelly brook I love her as a model, she's not a bad actress! I saw her in the house of nine! she's was good but her character was insipid!

rebecca romijn is good as an actress and as a model, I do really like her! it's a shame her movies are not so interesting.

I can't wait to see gemma acting, she's so fabulous!!!

EVA ERZIGOVA turned also actress!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

I recently noticed that lots of models are turning actresses :blink:

Some examples:

- Rosie Huntington Whiteley > Transfromers 3

- Gemma Ward > Pirates of the Caribbean 4

- Erin Wasson and Maryna Linchuk > Somewhere (by Sofia Copolla)

- GOSSIP: Woody Allen is reportedly eyeing Adriana Lima for a role in his next movie, which is set in Rio de Janeiro

What do you think about this? Do you prefer these as models or as actresses?

Mila Jovavich, Charlize Theron, Josie Maran, Gisele Bundchen, Julie Ordon, Esti Ginzburg, Olga Kurylenko, Camren Diaz... it's not a new trend. And you class them as whatever you want, generally though, you go by their larger body of work. So Gisele would be considered a model, Mila and Charlize probably considered as actors... Esti, model, Julie, model, Josie probably a model, though she's had 2 lead roles. Olga is debatable, a lot of people know her more for her acting then her modeling, Camren obviously considered an actor.

Side note: Gemma also had a lead role in Black Balloon, and played one of the antagonists in The Strangers.

daniella van graas, is also a model/actreess. she was in the movie the perfect stranger, and heidi klum was in the movie too. daniella has also been in other movies, and i read that candice boucher is going to film a movie.

Ironically most of the VS Angels have acted, be it bit parts or lead rolls with the exception of Miranda and Doutzen.

Ale, Adriana, Karolina, Izabel, Gisele, Tyra, Selita, Heidi, Marisa have all done some acting, though most of it's uncredited bit parts in tv series a few have had major roles :)

I've also noticed that. And if I'm honest.. I don't like it. Models should stay models :)

Espeacilly in Rosie case, because she's still very young and she could have become a "real" supermodel. Now she'll gain popularity so it can be either good or bad... don't know.

Other models, VS angels only had small roles.. nothing special, it's actually pretty normal. But Rosie stands out.

Miranda didn't appear in any show? I thought she was in "How I met your mother" with other VS models once.

Gemma, I think she always wanted to be an actress, it just turned out that the step to that career (through modelling) was bigger than she though it would be.

And yeah, this is not a new trend. However, I don't agree that them starring in cameos does no harm to viewers and doesn't require ANY talent. Lydia Hearst was in the last episode of season 1 on Gossip Girl and her role... it was just painful to watch, even though she said just 1 line lol.

When I say they've had bit part/cameo appearances I meant as someone other then themselves. Yes Miranda was in "How I met your Mother" however it was simply making an appearance as herself. The other girls listed all had other parts, and were depicted as someone other then a Victoria's Secret Angel.

Ksenia Kniazeva (Knyazeva) was a model who became an actress. Here is her profile at the Fashion Model Directory: http://www.fashionmodeldirectory.com/models/Ksenia_Kniazeva/

Here she is on the cover of Madame Figaro (I think it was in 2002):

post-9383-1277759465_thumb.jpg

And here she is on the runway:

post-9383-1277759476_thumb.jpg

This is Ksenia in the Russian Movie "Sluga Gosudarev" ("The Sovereign's Servant").

post-9383-1277759500_thumb.gif post-9383-1277759492_thumb.jpg

Whoever likes huge battle scenes will also like this movie.